Become a Patron!

Left the ECF this morning

Zazoie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OMG there is a thread for this? That is so funny but needful because I really do need to type and vent.

First off I am thankful for the ECF I might not be where I am today without it...it was my first and only forum but having said that gee wiz...last night I got whamboozled with slaps on the wrists and deleted posts left and right. I won't go into detail but some of them were so petty I was astonished. Admittedly I am a very sensitive person so when I got the first one I felt awful because I didn't mean to get in trouble and then the second one just made me feel like a total pile of junk.

So there is the mod issue that drove me here and the second issue I noticed after a while that there are huge passionate factions regarding various aspects of vaping in the ECF and mature dialogue is difficult to have without some faction just making it their goal to reply to posts; especially when it comes to DIY and buying premium priced juice. It just ridiculous! If some one suggests a juice they like on the ECF in a thread called "Help looking for a juice to buy whats your favorite" a DIY is there to explain how superior their juice is and how stupid the world is for buying premade juice especially "prem". "My favorite juice is stuff I just cooked up for 2cents a ml. I'm so glad I never give a dime to the darn BM and money whores of the juice world" WE GET IT ALREADY! No I really do...its awesome beyond awesome. But do you have to be all up in every single post that has nothing to do with DIY. I simply can't read it anymore. I am surprised its not in threads about "Please suggest a new RDA please" I mean really. It's out of control.
I love DIY but please its out of control over there. Maybe it is here too but as I have stated else where...I love DIYselfers but be gentle and nice to me...please ;)

UPDATE: you might like the last straw that made me join the VU

"Dear Zazoie,

You have received a Rule Reminder at E-Cigarette Forum.

Reason:
-------

Posting the content of PMs or personal emails on the forum is not allowed. All PMs and emails are deemed to be confidential and cannot be made public except with the prior written consent of the author."

My post was from a friend who emailed my husband and then I posted it. Then they deleted only part of my post so my post no longer made sense. So I erased my entire post and noted that the mods deleted only a portion of my post so I am just erasing it. The mods then deleted that saying I was commenting on a mods decision. Like I was publicly challenging them and being combative. Please...really? Maybe because the email was from Pip at Suicide Bunny and well everyone hates her so...including ECF mods perhaps ;)

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am sorry the ECF Nazi Mods were so rough on you.

And we have a lot of DIY folk here for you to play with as well.

We mods are not the Ban-happy lot that you are used to. Kind of a last resort for us.

But we do love to track down, kill and eat (raw or cooked depending on our mood at the moment) spammers:D

Zazoie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@UncleRJ thank you. I promise you...(I wasn't actually banned) but based on what warnings I got from ECF I will never be a problem here.

P.S. Love your avatar

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad to see you found your way here
There are a ton of us folks here that did the same thing as you. We got tired of the ECF bullshit and found our way here to a much better home.
I'm sure you will recognize many folks here. And will surely see many other folks you know from over there start to make their way over here.
One of the many nice things about VU is that if there is that person that just really rubs you the wrong way, you can speak your mind and have no fear of repercussions from the mods as long as if done so within the guidelines of our very small rule list.
So please feel free to tell people to fuck off.:)

Zazoie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Fishee thanks and wow I can't believe you just said that without getting banned? Funny you have to be 18+ and older to join ECF but you can only talk in a certain way. I appreciate your advice but I generally don't speak my mind to people I really try to be friendly Fishee ok so screw you. hehehehe no really I always try to be nice.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome @Zazoie...im not a DIY kinda guy, but I think I'm smart enough to know where to buy my juice... With that being said WELCOME!
VAPE ON

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Fishee thanks and wow I can't believe you just said that without getting banned? Funny you have to be 18+ and older to join ECF but you can only talk in a certain way. I appreciate your advice but I generally don't speak my mind to people I really try to be friendly Fishee ok so screw you. hehehehe no really I always try to be nice.
I like you.
You seem like a very sweet lady.
As for me getting banned, not likely to ever happen here.
This place would fall apart without me. ;)
Or would at least feel empty.
empty-fish-bowl.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well we welcome you here Zaz, it will be a pleasure to have you as a member, Enjoy the forum:)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU....where ECF refugee's find sanctuary :)

Too bad you didn't get banned...it's kinda a badge of honor around here :p (j/k)

I too, was very sensitive once apon a time when I was at ECF and I got banned and sideswiped out of nowhere...I have a big long fun messy thread about here myself that has brought many a good laughs...but at the time being newer to vaping and new to any forum online period I was livid and devastated....you're in good company here. You are free to speak your mind and ask questions without fear of the Nazi type chiche's bringing down their hammer on you and you shouldn't have to feel afraid to speak openly about vaping in a vaping forum in the first place. There's no "new members start here" pit to crawl out of before you can feel like you're an actual part of the community and the folks here, for the most part, are very friendly and welcoming and helpful.

Just keep in mind to watch your step....thanks to @Fishee we have an "infinite" number of bugs running around the place and they seem to have gotten into everything everywhere ;)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Fishee btw I'm eating a slice of pizza and I totally tried to wipe the bug off my screen with my napkin not realizing it was your animated signature now my screen has a grease blotch on it...thanks Fish :p
Got another one! :D

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome! A lot of us were banned for asking questions, or simply saying "no" to the totalitarian bullshit that happens at ECF. Speak your mind, ask questions, tell people to get bent if you want to. This is a forum where you can be yourself without having to bend to idiotic expectations.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Fishee btw I'm eating a slice of pizza and I totally tried to wipe the bug off my screen with my napkin not realizing it was your animated signature now my screen has a grease blotch on it...thanks Fish :p
Don't feel bad...
He gets everyone with that...

Thrasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sheesh you were there like what, 5 min only? Lol welcome!

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LOL! They posted their own messages to a banned member when we wanted to know why he got the axe. They got called out on infringing upon their own rules and changed the subject. We (the group of friends associated with the ban-ee) all left after that. We gladly landed here and had a ball with the thread after that.

You'll have a much better time here. Welcome :)

VapinMoody

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like you.
You seem like a very sweet lady.
As for me getting banned, not likely to ever happen here.
This place would fall apart without me. ;)
Or would at least feel empty.
empty-fish-bowl.jpg

Fishee.....I remember you from ECF.....the pic in your post is so funny cause a gal at work gave me a fighting fish (Beta) and the bowl I bought looks exactly like that...I superglued a mirror to the base...soo funny.....plus I am a fisherman and a vapor so it hits home...lol....

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You have received a Rule Reminder at E-Cigarette Forum.

I got one there before I finished my first 5 posts

The Moderators here are VERY tolerant, (Except Whisky who forced me to adopt this Barney avatar)...JK.

I'm new here as well, there are some very knowlegable people here.

VU Sponsors