Become a Patron!

Lemon and Anise

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
seems a little low on flavor percentages? thank you!
I know it seems so, but with those brands, it's really not, but that's to my taste buds, too. Of course, YMMV. Should you choose to mix it up, bump them if necessary :)

BTW, welcome to VU :wave:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nature's Flavors. They've gotten a bit difficult to find over the last couple of years. ejuice4you is the only place I know of that carries ginger, aside from Nature's Flavors directly.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
From their website, for the ginger flavoring: Ingredients: Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Natural Plant and Vegetable Extracts

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks much HB. I will let you know how it turns out. Be a few weeks until I tackle it.
I hope you enjoy it. I can say it's not for everyone. It's an odd combo of flavors, LOL. I was tired of heavy mixes, saw a drink recipe for Victorian Lemonade, so tried tossing it together.

@Huckleberried ....Huck, do you know of any other good Ginger concentrates?
My mind has gone totally blank, NF is the only one I've tried, but I just read in the last day or so another brand that someone mentioned, saying it was good. Now to remember the brand!! Honestly, it might have even been Hangsen. Someone started a thread for their flavors recently.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LorAnns probably has a ginger

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just checked, and all they have is ginger oil - not the water soluble flavoring we use for vaping. Oh well.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
No others are as good as NF in my opinion, but 2nd best is Flavor West Ginger. You gotta use more (double...maybe a little more) and it's not great as a main flavor, but it's okay as an accent or when other spice flavors are used.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@HeadInClouds I still have some of "The Ginger" from Will. Starting to smell kinda like rubbing alcohol, but it could just be that my olfactory senses are a bit off.. What would you say the shelf life is?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds I still have some of "The Ginger" from Will. Starting to smell kinda like rubbing alcohol, but it could just be that my olfactory senses are a bit off.. What would you say the shelf life is?

It's an alcohol-based flavoring, so yeah. I haven't had any problem with any of mine (I have few diff formulations from a few different sources); oldest is probably over 2 years by now. I did transfer all to glass bottles. That's my habit with spice flavors, or else I can smell them a mile away.

chanelvaps

Member For 4 Years
Made this last night and it is close. Something took over the lemon, possibly the Pear. How do I bring out the lemon more? I have tons of lemons, from almost all TPA and FA and CAP

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Made this last night and it is close. Something took over the lemon, possibly the Pear. How do I bring out the lemon more? I have tons of lemons, from almost all TPA and FA and CAP
I've always been so partial to FA Lemon that I really haven't ventured past it, even though I have other lemons. Sad, I know.... Maybe reduce the pear, bump the lemon to 4%. You can also reduce the ginger, if it's really strong to you. I don't have the FW ginger, but the NF one is really strong, IMO. It's a pretty light mix, to me, too, but I was looking for a big change from heavy vapes when I made that one.

Hope that helps some.

chanelvaps

Member For 4 Years
It does. Although I would like to fix this 30ml that I made. Wish I would have been less heavy handed with the Pear because it just took over. I am going to add more Lemon and see if that helps.

VU Sponsors