Become a Patron!

Let me get this straight. Wicking an RDA.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just a couple of questions.

In the juice well, how much cotton do you put in your rda? When I first started using an rda I just had the cotton ends kiss the deck. I figured I'd get more puffs. Quickly found out that juice sloshing about is not a good thing. Curious if anyone does it differently.

Fluffing cotton tails. I see people do it, I see people skip it. I've tried both and don't notice a difference, but then maybe it's the way I have the cotton in the bed. I always do it now even though I don't necessarily believe that it affects capillary draw in any meaningful way. Figure it can't hurt.

Anyone else who wondered about wicking an rda, just ask.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
When it comes to wicking, trying different techniques is very important.

Just get few different brands/types of cotton and experiment. Koh Gen Doh from China is good for beginners since it is easy to use and cheap.

After that you can try Kendo Gold vape cotton but it is really difficult to saturate ONLY the first time.

It all comes down to personal preference with wicking so you have to experiment a lot. I can wick every type of coil in 2 minutes now and every time I get the same vape. First time I spend like 40 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wicks just touching the deck. More cotton cuts down on airflow.

I usually just cut and tuck. Sometimes when I feel extra fiddly I will comb the tails with a pick to straighten and fluff them, but I really have not seen much if any benefit.

Only drip as much as you will vape in the very near future. No sloshing.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on the design of the RDA.
Some I just touch the deck with wick ends, some I fold over on the bottom a bit.
Pay attention to airflow, etc when wicking. If you can put more wick in the bottom without impeding airflow it does not hurt.

also never have the wick touching the top edge of bottom airflow tubes. Dribbling out the airflow will likely happen if you do. the juice will wick over the edge of the airflow tube.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, cool. My only experience is with a Goon v1.5. I've been looking at several different rda's. I want to try a couple that are very different from the goon, but I'm not sure which I'm interested in yet.

Looks like I'll be getting a chance to learn a lot more about re-wicking. I bought 120ml of the world's thickest (probably oldest) ejuice the other day. It literally and utterly fouled the coils in my Kylin in under two ml's. Don't buy juice from a head shop unless you absolutely must!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors