Become a Patron!

Let's Bitch About ECF Thread

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
O.K. Let those jokers have it! The funnier or more horrid the tale, the better!

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My/our ECF story: I joined ECF because I had some awesome DIY juice recipes burning a hole in my pocket. My posts were immediately infested with trolls. Every time I called one on it, I received a warning from the same moderator, and had my post deleted. Well, I finally got through to one of the trolls, and got his respect. Suddenly, no one trolled me anymore. meanwhile, a student of mine started asking why the moderator kept siding with the trolls, and got half of her threads deleted, some had been there a while, and none had anything offensive. Then they followed her around deleting most of her posts, all of which were ordinary and mundane. Next, she began getting annoying messages via email and facebook, and they were messing with something on her facebook that I don't understand. I mean I have an account there, but I've looked at it like twice ever. My wife began defending both of us, and got harassed and banned, along with every person on our server, for having "multiple accounts". I was only on ECF for 9 days, but when I left, I announced why, and about 20 people left with me. Fuck'm! Fuck'm'n the ear!

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ecf banned me for not being a supplier! Just because a domain exists that matches my username ...what a joke. I decided to say fuck em and gave up. This is a better forum anyways.

Posted via my phablet using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are an arm of Big Vapor, so must keep hobbyist vapers in a constant state of paranoia concerning bans and prohibitions, in order for the paid registered suppliers to generate hoarding and panic sales... Sounds familiar...

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to say the best thing about ECF is Stevegu was kicked off so I don't have to run into his crap over there.
tumblr_lneiv76RYs1qfg9nvo1_5001-2_zps5acb9771.gif
wait...............:eek:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
My/our ECF story: I joined ECF because I had some awesome DIY juice recipes burning a hole in my pocket. My posts were immediately infested with trolls. Every time I called one on it, I received a warning from the same moderator, and had my post deleted. Well, I finally got through to one of the trolls, and got his respect. Suddenly, no one trolled me anymore. meanwhile, a student of mine started asking why the moderator kept siding with the trolls, and got half of her threads deleted, some had been there a while, and none had anything offensive. Then they followed her around deleting most of her posts, all of which were ordinary and mundane. Next, she began getting annoying messages via email and facebook, and they were messing with something on her facebook that I don't understand. I mean I have an account there, but I've looked at it like twice ever. My wife began defending both of us, and got harassed and banned, along with every person on our server, for having "multiple accounts". I was only on ECF for 9 days, but when I left, I announced why, and about 20 people left with me. Fuck'm! Fuck'm'n the ear!

I joined because I was new and ignorant (still ignorant) and did not know any better.

My first post, I asked a "Noob" question and I got an immediate response.

"This question was answered in post #263 of this (over 600 post) thread"

We treat the VU Noobs Like GOLD.

Not FILTH

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They don't like me over there. I seem to get too political or somethin' (possibly worse, don't push me). End up pissin' somebody off and they kept tellin' me I was trying to start a fight or something. They can go home to mama!

Uncle, if you didn't go back and read 263 (do a search if you can figger out how!) then you need to do that. No excuse for remaining ignorant. I can say this because I know you're not new anymore.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They don't like you cause you ain't a (preferred manufacturer) zombie parroting the stats and garbage over and over.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
They don't like me over there. I seem to get too political or somethin' (possibly worse, don't push me). End up pissin' somebody off and they kept tellin' me I was trying to start a fight or something. They can go home to mama!

Uncle, if you didn't go back and read 263 (do a search if you can figger out how!) then you need to do that. No excuse for remaining ignorant. I can say this because I know you're not new anymore.

But I take great pride in my ignorance!

Haven't you ever read any of my post here?

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ecf banned me for not being a supplier! Just because a domain exists that matches my username ...what a joke. I decided to say fuck em and gave up. This is a better forum anyways.

Posted via my phablet using Tapatalk
That's just nuts.

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are an arm of Big Vapor, so must keep hobbyist vapers in a constant state of paranoia concerning bans and prohibitions, in order for the paid registered suppliers to generate hoarding and panic sales... Sounds familiar...
Awesome!

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I joined because I was new and ignorant (still ignorant) and did not know any better.

My first post, I asked a "Noob" question and I got an immediate response.

"This question was answered in post #263 of this (over 600 post) thread"

We treat the VU Noobs Like GOLD.

Not FILTH
Yeah, everyone here has been pretty nice, but another part of me is waiting for the shoe to fall! Just kidding.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy crap! ijust had to deal with him on my survey thread. There's no way he passed 9th grade health. Trying to explain known facts to him is like teaching algebra to a toaster!
He's from the Czech republic, I'm not even sure they have a 9th grade there. The only way to shut him down is to speak your piece, tell him you refuse to argue, and leave it at that

Karebear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Holy crap! ijust had to deal with him on my survey thread. There's no way he passed 9th grade health. Trying to explain known facts to him is like teaching algebra to a toaster!
It was funny watching you try to deal with him.... hehehehe

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am still a member there. My domain is the same as my username (although neither refer to vaping). While I have never posted frequently (1,700 posts since mid-2009). I have never been scolded, warned or sanctioned. I don't visit much since joining VU as there's nothing there of interest. I'm generally a fairly uninteresting fellow and just don't draw their attention, I guess. And I'm just so goddam fuckin' sweet as everyone here knows. Funny how active one can be on an interesting forum :D

I'm thankful to everyone! Stevegu made me thankful for the INGORE option!

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never did have the unfortunate displeasure of joining ECF but I do love the horror stories people have to share about them!

When I first started vaping, I was playing around on google and wandered across ECF. Someone had a noob question and got that same shit about "That has already been answered, refer to such and such thread with 8000 posts" So that immediately turned me off from even really revisiting that place. I can't remember at all how I came across VU but I'm damn glad I did!

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first joined ECF some 4 years ago, new vapers would normally get a lot of help and their questions got answered in a friendly way. Now when I stop by legitimate noob questions are often getting few if any responses, and often the ones they get are "that's a piece of junk, get xyz instead" type of crap. There are more helpful people here.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My experiences with ECF go back several years. I didn't see quite the fuckery that people around here are reporting. Maybe it hadn't gotten to that point yet... ...or perhaps I was just naive.

I remember ECF somewhat fondly from my time as a new vaper. I remember people treating me pretty well there. I don't know if it was just the way I conducted myself or what, but most folks seemed to think I was a bright young lad. I remember a couple of people on staff personally reaching out and encouraging me to become more involved... ...I can't remember who, but one of them in particular sent me a really nice, long PM praising me for my levelheadedness and perceptiveness. Sort of a "You're gonna do big things, kid." deal.

So I guess people liked me there. I don't know if that's just standard procedure for them, but it was encouraging.

But the longer I stayed, the more I saw all of these hardcore ideologues espousing and enforcing their singular views. I never had to go up against one, but it was a bit silly. Irrational doomsday sayers, staunchly political nutcases (the types who believe everything is political and approach literally every issue through that fun-house lens,) dyed-in-the-wool anti-sub-ohmers, oldschool elitists, gear bashers, and so on.

After a while of being there, I just found that I wasn't learning much, the conversations weren't that interesting, and the general ethos of the place was, for lack of a better word, musty. Even back in 2010, ECF was stuck in the past. It's almost as though they're trying not to move forward. They seem pretty content to exist in their stagnant little corner.

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He's from the Czech republic, I'm not even sure they have a 9th grade there. The only way to shut him down is to speak your piece, tell him you refuse to argue, and leave it at that
Thanks, bean.

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL, Toasters used to be simple beings, now the one I bought last year on sale is freaking programmable!
And as you can see, so is Steve.

Unfortunately, the media put in some kind of "lie preservation code" to keep inconvenient facts out!

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
They banned me twice for multiple accounts. I have only ever had one. After the first I contacted them and they reinstated me. It happened again a few weeks ago so I gave up. Found this forum. Thank God XXXX

Karebear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF has some nice people on it, but the moderators on the other hand....... most of them are like:
tumblr_n5xsfbTHnk1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

Ol'DocPorter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They banned me twice for multiple accounts. I have only ever had one. After the first I contacted them and they reinstated me. It happened again a few weeks ago so I gave up. Found this forum. Thank God XXXX
They banned everyone on my server when they banned my wife. Strangely enough, they let my account remain; seems my info was indispensable.

mountainbikermark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've always been treated pretty well over there but I can't make heads or tails of the forum layout. Where's the search feature for certain items? For that matter where's the rda, or whatever, area so I can get comparisons on rdas by reading threads and posts about different ones?
It just seems every area is dominated by political activism yet their guidelines state political activism isn't really welcome there. I follow 1 thread only now and that's about posting photos of vaping setups. I agree that any newbie question I've posted in 2015 has been totally ignored there but I ask them because their search feature is pretty much non existent.
A couple of years ago it was totally different than it is now, though even back then it was pretty darn politically active, too much for my taste.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do have an account on ecf, with a handle that I'm sure annoys most of them there. I'm 'subohmboy' there, I created the name basically because the site is overrun with self proclaimed 'tootle puffers', who honestly believe eGo sticks are still amazing. Some of the rebuildable crowd is okay, but few and far between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do have an account on ecf, with a handle that I'm sure annoys most of them there. I'm 'subohmboy' there, I created the name basically because the site is overrun with self proclaimed 'tootle puffers', who honestly believe eGo sticks are still amazing. Some of the rebuildable crowd is okay, but few and far between.

Nothin' wrong with tootle puffers. VU has its' share. :cool:

Nah, there's something else about the ECF elite that puts off level-thinking humans but I can't quite put my flipper on it. :D

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would rather be called MTL vaper. I don't think I ever heard that word (tootle puffer) self proclaimed here. I could be wrong. Just know the audience. People still use ego sticks?

edited for clarity

Well, I dunno about that, but I've seen some here refer to themselves in that manner. Frankly, it took me the longest time to figure out what the hell the term meant. ECF's reference to snails still baffles me. :D

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I dunno about that, but I've seen some here refer to themselves in that manner. Frankly, it took me the longest time to figure out what the hell the term meant. ECF's reference to snails still baffles me. :D
You have to read the first 10 pages of the original Responses thread, or tell Tibs I asked her to explain it to you, take it from one of the original snails:):):)

VU Sponsors