Become a Patron!

Letter from Texas Senator in response to Vaping Regulations

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) regulation of tobacco products. Input from fellow Texans significantly informs my decision-making and empowers me to better represent the state.

As you may know, in 2016, the FDA finalized the so-called "Deeming Rule" regarding the regulation of tobacco products. This rule—which has been temporarily delayed from implementation by the Trump administration—would give the FDA the authority to regulate e-cigarettes and cigars in the same fashion as conventional products. I believe the FDA should focus on regulating products in relation to their own unique risk factors and avoid one-size-fits-all rules. As we work to promote public health, we must also ensure that innovation and economic growth are not unnecessarily hindered by overbearing and complex regulations, even if they are well-intended. Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind should related legislation come before the Senate for consideration.

Thank you again for sharing your views with me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about any issue important to you or your family. It is an honor to serve you and the people of Texas.

For Liberty,

clip_image002.png

Senator Ted Cruz

VU Sponsors