Become a Patron!

Letting batteries sit for a while?

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys! Quick question! So for the longest time I only had one trio of 25Rs for my RX200S. They're still in good shape and I don't see a reason to toss em yet. Anyways, today I ordered another trio of 25Rs. So my question is, is it cool to let my new batteries sit around for months until this first set it trash? I know they stayed there for some time before I bought em and they were sent out to me, is there any danger in saving em until my other set is done? Thanks!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys! Quick question! So for the longest time I only had one trio of 25Rs for my RX200S. They're still in good shape and I don't see a reason to toss em yet. Anyways, today I ordered another trio of 25Rs. So my question is, is it cool to let my new batteries sit around for months until this first set it trash? I know they stayed there for some time before I bought em and they were sent out to me, is there any danger in saving em until my other set is done? Thanks!
Whether you use them or not they will degrade with age, best to just keep them in a regular rotation.

Also as they sit they loose their charge. If they drop below 2.5V they can become damaged.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whether you use them or not they will degrade with age, best to just keep them in a regular rotation.

Also as they sit they loose their charge. If they drop below 2.5V they can become damaged.

First let me say. You're using a Nexus 6 and Tapatalk? ME TOO! Just removed the sig Haha alright back to the subject. Is it cool to leave them fully charged for say.... 3 or 4 days? I usually get 3 or 4 days off of these married trios before they're off to the charger. So my other set would be sitting fully charged while the other trio is in use. Is this cool?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can store the batteries just be sure to charge them to at least 3.7v...this is the safest and the standard charge voltage for storage...dont fully charge them then store them.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can store the batteries just be sure to charge them to at least 3.7v...this is the safest and the standard charge voltage for storage...dont fully charge them then store them.

Cool thanks! Is 3 or 4 days at a time a bad idea? Just trying to figure how I'm gonna rotate these with the ONE mod I own lol

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
3 or 4 days is fine...3.7v is for mostly long term storage but i dont think fully charged and sitting for 3 or 4 days will damage the batteries..just be sure to use them within that time..usually if its longer than a week then its best to store them at 3.7v and charge them back up before use.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First let me say. You're using a Nexus 6 and Tapatalk? ME TOO! Just removed the sig Haha alright back to the subject. Is it cool to leave them fully charged for say.... 3 or 4 days? I usually get 3 or 4 days off of these married trios before they're off to the charger. So my other set would be sitting fully charged while the other trio is in use. Is this cool?
Great minds think alike ;)

Storing fully charged, not a problem for even a couple weeks.

If you do plan on storing for a couple of months have them charged to around 3.7V and stored in a cool dry place, NOT the freezer or Refrigerator.

I got this info from the battery God himself, Mooch ;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you do plan on storing for a couple of months have them charged to around 3.7V and stored in a cool dry place, NOT the freezer or Refrigerator.
I see a lot of people recommending that for long term, so THANK YOU for clearing that up.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great minds think alike ;)

Storing fully charged, not a problem for even a couple weeks.

I got this info from the battery God himself, Mooch ;)

You guys are AWESOME! Thanks! Not like a certain other popular forum where everyone just talks down to you..... not naming names LOL but thanks guys! You rock! ;)

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad I didn't have to say it lol started there and got tired of elitist vapers.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see a lot of people recommending that for long term, so THANK YOU for clearing that up.
Not a problem, but remember batteries will still degrade with age, whether you use them or not. So it really is best to just keep them in a regular rotation.

Again this is per the Battery God himself.
You guys are AWESOME! Thanks! Not like a certain other popular forum where everyone just talks down to you..... not naming names LOL but thanks guys! You rock! ;)
Yeah I participate there occasionally, lot of so called experts spewing shit out of their pie holes more often than not. Example one assmunch continues to claim you can't dry burn/pulse SS and that SS is for temp control only. Can't count how many times he jumps in with that BS.

Then the Mod's there ...... enough said.

Oh well, such is life on the Internet.

VU Sponsors