Become a Patron!

LG 18650 question

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question is LG HG2 worth $2 more than the HE2 or HE4? There's 500 mah difference. I'll be running it in my regulated mods. I've tried Sony and Samsung and I've had way better luck with the LG for whatever reason. I've looked at Mooch's test but that did't really give me an answer to this question.

I have used 25R and didn't have good luck at all with them. I like the VTC5 in my mechs but haven't used the VTC6. I don't mind spending the extra money if I'm getting what I pay for. I'm really tempted to go with the VTC6. I've just had really good luck with the LG so far.

Last edited:

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In my opinion it's not worth it. For one i don't notice the 500 mah difference and two i'm super cheap.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question is LG HG2 worth $2 more than the HE2 or HE4? There's 500 mah difference. I'll be running it in my regulated mods. I've tried Sony and Samsung and I've had way better luck with the LG for whatever reason. I've looked at Mooch's test but that did't really give me an answer to this question.

I have used 25R and didn't have good luck at all with them. I like the VTC5 in my mechs but haven't used the VTC6. I don't mind spending the extra money if I'm getting what I pay for. I'm really tempted to go with the VTC6. I've just had really good luck with the LG so far.
I prefer HE4's to HG2's in all honesty, I would recommend the 30Q over the HG2 anyway, I can vouch for them vs HE4's, 25R's and HG2's.

I find the 3000MAH batteries to be better in dual and triple 18650 devices, I don't find much difference in single battery mods (although there is, my SX 350J clone shows the energy used from the battery, the HG2 and 30Q does last longer, the 30Q seems better though. It isn't much though to be honest).

I would just get some HE4's though if it is between the two, good batteries.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm using all 3 and I don't see much difference between them.

martin

Member For 4 Years
lg 3500mah are 10amp i agree and cant notice the difference from the 3000mah 20amp so not worth trading 500mah and losing 10amp

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How many watts are you vaping at and with how many batteries? As others have mentioned the more batteries you have the more the difference stacks up. And the lower the watts the more the difference is.

Also, some people just don't care much about battery life. If you're at home all day and can easily swap batteries out, extra battery life isn't very useful. For some people though if they're out all day and can't be carrying a bunch of batteries it's really nice. So that's obviously a factor.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At 160-170W you should expect to blaze through batteries.
Those extra 500mAh are not much but better then nothing.

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I go through a set of batteries in just 90 mins - 2 hours all the time. And that's not even vaping hard. its better than smoking cigarettes though!

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
my 2 cents. the HG2's are my favorite all around battery, specially for my mech squonker. But on a regulated device, much of the difference will be determined by the mods chip efficiency (assuming you are using a battery with a high enough cdr that is). some mods are excellent at boosting, and you will not notice much drop off till near the end of the battery charge....some mods will start to drop off once the battery is near half, and you will find yourself wanting to swap already.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the HG2's aren't the 3500 mAh, they are the 20 amp.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
all that said, at 170 watts, may want to look into some sony's

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah at that high watts with 2 batteries don't buy the HG2, it'll actually be worse than one of the lower mAh batteries.
Oh well yes.
170W is too high for 2 20A, it will cause the batteries to drain faster then normal and loose capacity over time faster then usual.
3 battery mod with 3 20A batteries should be fine at 170W

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm vaping Hohm Wrecker G2 at 160-170 watts.

That wattage in a dual battery mod, like everyone said you'll never see charge longevity with any battery. You need to be looking at battery safety the most really and let that decide your best battery for the $$$.

170watts/6.4volts lowest charge=26.5625/90% mod efficiency=29.5139amps you are needing to run that mod properly.
LG HB2, 4, or 6 in the application you are running, 1500mah yes, but they are 30amp CDR which you are needing.

Needing to run at 160 to 170watts and get a decent charge run time you need a 3battery mod
170/9.6volts lowest charge=17.7083/90%=19.6759amps needed

Sorry, but numbers and the Watts Formula of Ohm's Law don't lie, the Hohm Wrecker G2 is a nice mod and all, but it is in a category that is way to overspeced it can be dangerous, oh, it can do 180watts safely, in a sense yes with any 20amp + CDR battery, but it is that lowest charge on the batteries where the amps are pulled more and more to convert to the need volts to maintain the watts set, average about 3.2v per battery, thus the 6.4 and 9.6v figures, 3.2v X number of batteries. That wattage setting the lowest charge per battery to safely do it at 20amp is in the 3.5 to 3.6v maybe the 3.7v range, if the chipset is programmed smart like the DNA boards where if battery sag or amp sag is detected it gives a weak battery signal, there should be no problem, but if something goes sideways with the control circuits, you're screwed. Lowering your wattage or watching your battery charge constantly to change out the batteries at about 1/4 to 1/3 charge, you might get away with using the VTC5A (the new revamp of the VTC5, 2500mah but 25amp CDR with an impressively long discharge curve), they are pricey but very nice batteries.

VU Sponsors