Become a Patron!

Liquid was too strong, now it's ok

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't know a lot about vaping..

So I used to smoke around 2 packs of cigarettes a week and then started vaping a couple of months ago. The first liquid I got was 12mg and when I ran out a friend gave me their liquid that was 24mg. it was way too strong for me! the first week I tried vaping it I got really harsh throat hits and no matter what I put my settings to I couldn't even use it without coughing and throat burn and my throat felt like it was closing. I kept trying it instead of buying new stuff, haha don't ask me why, and same result. Then today my friend tried it and said it was fine and when I tried it it's normal like the same as when I vaped 12. How did that happen? She didn't change the wattage or voltage I had it at either just suddenly it doesn't burn my throat and I had just tried it the same day and killed my throat so I find that weird lol

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Depends on the set up.
Some atty set ups 24 is going to tickle just a hair others are going to set you firmly on your ass.

i have the aspire Atlantis 2 and the itaste mvp 3 pro, 24 definitely set me firmly on my ass lol but now it's perfect, and I didn't gradually get used to it, it was just really harsh for a couple weeks then today it was good. Seems weird to me and my friend but I just want to know if that can happen? If that makes any sense haha

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might have simply adjusted to it. Sometimes in the morning the vape is a tad to spicy for me but by noon its just right. Could also be your build if its just barely not wicking right you might be getting a tad bit of dry burn. New coils and cotton sometimes takes a bit to break in and really start chugging.

Also if it was a fresh juice that was recently mixed it simply might have steeped and mellowed out which does happen quite a bit depending on the flavorings used.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remember that first cigarette? It didn't go down that easily - it took practice:p

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All good tips here, but 24 mg in an Atlantis is more like a 2-pack-a-day nic level than 2-pack-a-week...I was generally a little under a pack a day and only briefly flirted with 24 on some devices far less efficient than anything we've got today like the Atlantis. If it works for you great, but it wouldn't hurt to back off the nic first if any problems come back...

VU Sponsors