Become a Patron!

Liquids taste bland

Hello!
I'm kinda new to vaping, the vape I use I bought only like a month ago. I am using sigelei top 1 with joyetech procore air plus tank and 0.15 ohm coils at about 60-70 watts, 50/50 liquids @ 2-3 mg nicotine.
I've been having trouble with the e liquid taste. It just doesn't taste right, tastes very bland, much of nothing good, and after a couple minutes even burnt. I thought I had vapers tongue but turns out that wasn't the issue, since I was able to taste the same liquids out of my friends vape just fine. I prime my coils well.
For some weird reason, what seems to help lately, is opening the top of the tank (where I'd fill it with liquid) for a little while. After that, the liquid's taste is back for a couple inhales, then it goes back to bland. Also, opening the top for a while makes the coil overfload. I am aware of how weird it sounds.
I have tried different liquids and exchanging the coil. Could the tank be the problem? Should I try different VG/PG liquids? When I smell the liquid in the tank, it smells right, it's not like the heat makes it go bad.

I could use any advice.
Thanks in advance.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Starving for juice maybe. No burnt wick taste?
Try pocking a few holes in the wick with a needle.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Could also be that you are pushing too much wattage. I have found over the years that many liquids taste better (at least to me that is) when I fire at a lower wattage. Sort of like a steak if you grill it well done it tastes like shoe leather.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
yeah, those recommended wattages are just suggestions. Start low and bump it up till you like it, unless you get close to max recommended then consider moving to a diff coil instead of the shorter lifespan.
I am using joyetech procore air plus tank and 0.15 ohm coils at about 60-70 watts
They have 2 that are .15Ω
ProC2 = up to 70W
ProC4 = up to 110W

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@stevape -Question, if you use this tank with another juice.. do you have the same problem? And did you have this problem when you first Vape tit out of your tank? Maybe you need a new tank since it was tasting good out of your friends tank. I Vape at about a wattage of 6 which is the lowest on my Innokin MVP 4, and use a cheap $5 tank and get pretty good flavor on some and used to get good flavor on everything I bought, like unicorn milk which I used to love until I got vapers tongue, but now that I've been vaping a longer time like several years, I cannot taste a lot of juices well with my tank.
so I just now put in an order for a kit ($20)- of the Aspire Nautilus bottom vertical coil tank with a case, that towns with a 510 adapter and an extra glass that goes around the outside of the tank , and it had an extra coil -I believe it was, but they used a different name for it- maybe they said it was a head.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@stevape -Question, if you use this tank with another juice.. do you have the same problem? And did you have this problem when you first Vape tit out of your tank? Maybe you need a new tank since it was tasting good out of your friends tank.

I have no idea where you got that I taste out of a friends tank? I have around 20 different atomizers and my opinion is based on multiple tanks and liquids.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have no idea where you got that I taste out of a friends tank? I have around 20 different atomizers and my opinion is based on multiple tanks and liquids.
I'd put in the person's name that started this thread- @stevape ..which is not your name.
and I quoted him, not you. The questions were for him.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd put in the person's name that started this thread- @stevape ..which is not your name.
and I quoted him, not you. The questions were for him.

OH! I am sorry I didn't have my coffee yet~!

VU Sponsors