Become a Patron!

Little confused

cordar

Member For 4 Years
using a sub tank biult at 1.47. Cant go past 20 watts without burnt taste. I thought since I built it on the higher-end I should be able to push more wattage through it. Is this not the case do I need to build a little work to push more wattage through it I figured a higher resistance would need more power to run it in my thinking about this right? Thanks for your help

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
other way around, higher ohm builds need less wattage, but more voltage per Ohms Law. The mod automatically adjusts unless you are using a mechanical. Check your wicking to make sure it's doing OK.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. The higher a resistance, the more volts are needed to maintain the wattage selected. The opposite occurs with low ohm coils, less volts but more power needed to achieve the desired "toot".

ohms-law-illustrated.gif

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thankyou. Wouldnt less wattage be less voltage??
Yes, if the resistance is the same. But 20 watts on a 1 ohm build is gonna require more voltage than 20 watts on a .5 ohm build.

And in general, on a regulated mod, higher resistance is going to heat faster than lower resistance if the wattage is the same.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
basic Ohm's Law. Every rebuilder needs to understand and Know It.

VU Sponsors