Become a Patron!

Loads of Questions from a Noob

NoEyeDeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone - first time poster here so soz if posting in the wrong place.

I've been vapin' for about a month and have a load of questions

First a bit of background on my short vaping history:

Started out with an EVIC VT with a Smok Baby Beast Tank. Aside from some leakage which I eventually solved I was pretty happy with the setup. Anyway, yesterday my mod died on me. 2 Mins before it was vaping fine, then dead for the next vape. But this is not the issue although it did suck

Went to a store yesterday to buy a replacement. After a couple of hours in the store I walked out with some new gear:

* Therion DNA 75w by Lost Vape
* Giant Dual Tank by Vaporesso (I wanted something with bigger capacity)
* Batteries, charger etc
* And an Ego One as a backup / emergency kit

So, my questions. In no particular order:

1. The new tank leaks a lot. I tried the normal fixes (sucking with air vents closed to create vacuum, turning upside down for a bit, closing air flow when I fill the juice) that I do with my Baby Beast but so far nothing seems to work. Any tips you could share would be much appreciated. So far I've lost about 8ml of good juice and I don't want to use anymore until I know how I can get this sorted.

2. The Therion: it's a sweet mod but isn't it supposed to detect when you have a new atomizer on it? When I changed to the Giant Dual Tank with the Ceramic / Stainless Steel (SS?) coil it didn't ask me if I had changed the atomizer. The Ohm reading was ok but it still showed KA on the screen which I assume is for Kanthal coils like the Smok Baby Beast ones? Am I supposed to do something to get it to recognise the stainless steel / ceramic coils?

3. Am I supposed to vape on TC or VW with the Vapoereeso Giant Dual? I'm using the coil out of the box - CCELL-3C SS Coil(EDIT - I assume that it given that it has recommended range it's a VW coil right?)

4. The Smok coils show a range of wattage for optimal vaping but I can't seem to find this info on the Vaporesso coils. If I am supposed to vape on VW mode then what is the recommended wattage for this tank / coil?(EDIT - right, dumb question. Recommended range right on the coil. My bad)

Any help / advice would be much appreciated. Please share any other info you feel may be useful for me.

I really enjoy vaping - million times better than smoking cigs but the last 24 hours have been tough. I just want a reliable setup that doesn't leak too much and works properly. Is that too much to ask?

Thanks a lot vapestas

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hey everyone - first time poster here so soz if posting in the wrong place.

I've been vapin' for about a month and have a load of questions

First a bit of background on my short vaping history:

Started out with an EVIC VT with a Smok Baby Beast Tank. Aside from some leakage which I eventually solved I was pretty happy with the setup. Anyway, yesterday my mod died on me. 2 Mins before it was vaping fine, then dead for the next vape. But this is not the issue although it did suck

Went to a store yesterday to buy a replacement. After a couple of hours in the store I walked out with some new gear:

* Therion DNA 75w by Lost Vape
* Giant Dual Tank by Vaporesso (I wanted something with bigger capacity)
* Batteries, charger etc
* And an Ego One as a backup / emergency kit

So, my questions. In no particular order:

1. The new tank leaks a lot. I tried the normal fixes (sucking with air vents closed to create vacuum, turning upside down for a bit, closing air flow when I fill the juice) that I do with my Baby Beast but so far nothing seems to work. Any tips you could share would be much appreciated. So far I've lost about 8ml of good juice and I don't want to use anymore until I know how I can get this sorted.

2. The Therion: it's a sweet mod but isn't it supposed to detect when you have a new atomizer on it? When I changed to the Giant Dual Tank with the Ceramic / Stainless Steel (SS?) coil it didn't ask me if I had changed the atomizer. The Ohm reading was ok but it still showed KA on the screen which I assume is for Kanthal coils like the Smok Baby Beast ones? Am I supposed to do something to get it to recognise the stainless steel / ceramic coils?

3. Am I supposed to vape on TC or VW with the Vapoereeso Giant Dual? I'm using the coil out of the box - CCELL-3C SS Coil(EDIT - I assume that it given that it has recommended range it's a VW coil right?)

4. The Smok coils show a range of wattage for optimal vaping but I can't seem to find this info on the Vaporesso coils. If I am supposed to vape on VW mode then what is the recommended wattage for this tank / coil?(EDIT - right, dumb question. Recommended range right on the coil. My bad)

Any help / advice would be much appreciated. Please share any other info you feel may be useful for me.

I really enjoy vaping - million times better than smoking cigs but the last 24 hours have been tough. I just want a reliable setup that doesn't leak too much and works properly. Is that too much to ask?

Thanks a lot vapestas

How much did you pay for that kit? I'm guessing at a store somewhere upwards of 250? anyway I'll do the best I can to answer your questions. In the future though you should come here to ask for advice as stores sell whats best for them not best for you and while the Therion is an awesome mod and very nice looking, it's not the best choice for a beginner

1) Looking at the tank, it's a top fill and no juice control. so it should be easy to fill and not leak. I haven't used one myself but it looks similar to the smok TFV4 set up. Just make sure your coil is screwed in really tight and everything is tight. If it's leaking from the bottom air holes, you might need more watts as the coil is flooding from low wattage hits

2) When changing coils I always like to hit the fire button a few times before connecting the tank to reset the resistance. after that just put the tank on and it should read the resistance automatically. I'm not sure what ka is. @Wingsfan0310 is the local DNA expert here. But screens are customize-able. You need to download escribe to rpogram the device. you can set profiles in it then change between profile. Kenthal should be used in power mode only. SS coils can be used in power mode or SS mode but you need to have an SS mode profile. wingsfan probably has a file for the therion 75 already made he can give to you to load into the device

3) SS coils can be used in either mode. TC or watts (power mode)

The good news is you have a very nice mod, the bad news is there is a learning curve to it. Personally for a beginner I would have recommended something a little easier to use but you will love the mod once you learn to use it. DNA mods are amazing for temp control.

Here are some links you will need

link to escribe software : https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES.exe
download and install this (windows only no mac version) to program and upgrade firmware on your mod

link to user manual: https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75.pdf

NoEyeDeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here are some links you will need

link to escribe software : https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES.exe
download and install this (windows only no mac version) to program and upgrade firmware on your mod

link to user manual: https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75.pdf

Thanks so much for the reply.

Yeah, in total everything cost me about $250 or so well 230 but it was in euros. Anyway, it was actually my non smoking non vaping wife that convinced me to go for the Therion. She said i would get my evic vt back once it got repaired so it didn't make sense to buy something similar. Way more than i wanted to spend but after today i think it was totally worth it.

Managed to sort out the tank. Was exactly what you said - had to tighten everything up and was also vaping at a very low wattage. Works perfectly now, big clouds and good flavor.

Anyway, i am going to spend some time this weekend to read the links you shared and learn how to use the mod properly. It seems really awesome so far and feels great. Will look at exploring temp control soon.

Thanks again for the tips.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks so much for the reply.

Yeah, in total everything cost me about $250 or so well 230 but it was in euros. Anyway, it was actually my non smoking non vaping wife that convinced me to go for the Therion. She said i would get my evic vt back once it got repaired so it didn't make sense to buy something similar. Way more than i wanted to spend but after today i think it was totally worth it.

Managed to sort out the tank. Was exactly what you said - had to tighten everything up and was also vaping at a very low wattage. Works perfectly now, big clouds and good flavor.

Anyway, i am going to spend some time this weekend to read the links you shared and learn how to use the mod properly. It seems really awesome so far and feels great. Will look at exploring temp control soon.

Thanks again for the tips.
yup no problem. feel free to ask away if you run into anything. escribe software is really good just has a little learning curve to it. DNA mods are made for temp control. using them in only wattage mode is like buying a ferrari and driving 20mph lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You asked a lot of questions so I'll try to answer a few.

The DNA will sense if a coils isn't a TC coil and kick you out of TC, but it doesn't sense it the other way around. You have 8 profiles - they should be set up with different wires. You change profiles by holding the + and - buttons down until you see the Temp Locked screen. Then 2 quick presses on the + or - button will get you into the profile selection screen. Pressing + scrools one way, - the other. Once you find the one you want, press the fire button to select it.

I don't have the tank but I can guess what might be the problem.
1. It could be that you need more cotton in the juice channels (I'm assuming it has channels).
2. You could have a damaged or missing O-ring.

I don't have the Therion so I don't have an Ecig file for that particular mod. If you need help with setting up a profile or whatever, I'd be happy to try and help you (you can always send me a PM). Good luck with your new mod!

PS If you can't get that tank straightened out - I can recommend an Aromamizer Supreme. It's 7ml (also comes in a 4ml size but I prefer the 7ml). built very well, smooth thread, separate JFC and AFC, and easy to build/wick.

Cheers,
Steve

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I just put a battery in my brand new Therion BF, without having used Escribe. Out of the box, it was in Kanthal/Power mode. The Watt is shown as the main number. If you're able to change the wattage, you need to press the + and - button, and hold until you see the message Power Locked (2 seconds). Now, you can double click the + or - button to get into the profile menu. Scroll using + or - button, until you see the according SS (there are 3 different for 316, 316L, and 304). In order to change the temperature lock the fire button (clicking fire 5 times), then press the + and - button for 2 seconds, and the temperature will be displayed. Use the + and - button to adjust the temperature. Click the fire button once to exit. Now unlock the device by clicking the fire button 5 times.
With Escribe, you can fine tune your profiles, or create your own. In addition, you can switch the main number to show temperature instead of the wattage.
Enjoy your vape!

NoEyeDeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You asked a lot of questions so I'll try to answer a few.

The DNA will sense if a coils isn't a TC coil and kick you out of TC, but it doesn't sense it the other way around. You have 8 profiles - they should be set up with different wires. You change profiles by holding the + and - buttons down until you see the Temp Locked screen. Then 2 quick presses on the + or - button will get you into the profile selection screen. Pressing + scrools one way, - the other. Once you find the one you want, press the fire button to select it.

I don't have the tank but I can guess what might be the problem.
1. It could be that you need more cotton in the juice channels (I'm assuming it has channels).
2. You could have a damaged or missing O-ring.

I don't have the Therion so I don't have an Ecig file for that particular mod. If you need help with setting up a profile or whatever, I'd be happy to try and help you (you can always send me a PM). Good luck with your new mod!

PS If you can't get that tank straightened out - I can recommend an Aromamizer Supreme. It's 7ml (also comes in a 4ml size but I prefer the 7ml). built very well, smooth thread, separate JFC and AFC, and easy to build/wick.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks for the info WingsFan0310, much appreciated sir.

I'm going to check out how to configure some profiles this weekend. Will let you know if I have any questions.

Noted re the tank - 7ml capacity sounds great and would like to start building my own coils eventually.

NoEyeDeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just put a battery in my brand new Therion BF, without having used Escribe. Out of the box, it was in Kanthal/Power mode. The Watt is shown as the main number. If you're able to change the wattage, you need to press the + and - button, and hold until you see the message Power Locked (2 seconds). Now, you can double click the + or - button to get into the profile menu. Scroll using + or - button, until you see the according SS (there are 3 different for 316, 316L, and 304). In order to change the temperature lock the fire button (clicking fire 5 times), then press the + and - button for 2 seconds, and the temperature will be displayed. Use the + and - button to adjust the temperature. Click the fire button once to exit. Now unlock the device by clicking the fire button 5 times.
With Escribe, you can fine tune your profiles, or create your own. In addition, you can switch the main number to show temperature instead of the wattage.
Enjoy your vape!

Got it - thanks!

VU Sponsors