Become a Patron!

locking rings...

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Emma and Panzer (both clones), and I'm having trouble getting the locking rings to work. I have two Emma's, one copper and one brass. I've never messed with the locking ring on the copper one and it still works. But the brass one doesn't seem to work. The brass switch came apart once and I've never got it work since.

I have the same issue on the Panzer mod. It use to work, but now it doesn't. I must be doing something wrong on both switches and don't know how to bring them back to the way they were when I bought them.

Any help is appreciated.

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay... you can write off the Emma locking ring. I fiddled with it a bunch and have it working now.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Okay... you can write off the Emma locking ring. I fiddled with it a bunch and have it working now.
I haven't dealt with those mods. What did you end up doing to get them to work?

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
CgS, sorry but I can't give you a good "how to". I just messed with it until I got it to work. All I can say is just keep playing with it and you might get it to work.
Sorry I can't help as much as I would like to.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can you help me out here and tell me what you mean by "not working"....are they getting stuck in one place and won't move or are they too loose and keep moving and won't stay in place?

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi monkey... I have two Emma's (copper and brass) The copper mod works like it should. I've never taken the switch apart. On the brass one, the firing button came off when I first got it and I can't get it to sit flush like the copper one does. Right now it will go to the right and stop and go to the left and stop. Problem is, the firing button sticks out too much and it won't sit up straight like the copper mod.

I've been temped to take the copper one apart and see how it works, but I don't want it to mess it up like the brass one. Hope this is a better explaination. I would appreciate any help.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was looking online at the emma mod...its beautiful. I unfortunately don't have one. I was trying to figure out the exact working of the switch from pictures but I have been up for about 26 hours now and just got home from work and wanted to write you back...I was honestly more curious about the panzer mod because my buddy has a clone and his locking ring gets stuck as well and I think it's just bad machining on the threading but I was wondering what your experience was with it...if you had the same problem. I will do some research on it and I have to go to the local B&M anyways so I'll see if they've got one in the case and fiddle with it and see what I can get back to you on. I am sorry you're having trouble...it just seems when it comes to clones the machining on the locking rings always leaves something to be desired...on both of my caravella clones as well as both of my nemi clones the locking rings always seem to stick one way or the other if they are just the slightest over torqued...the only clone locking ring I don't have a problem with is my stingray x....however on my authentic nemi and my authentic BC stingray the threads on the rings are much smoother and I haven't had a problem with them. And those are all just simple rings...I will get back to you on what I can find though. Again...I am sorry they're giving you hell....I know tinkering is part of the vaping hobby...but there is just a certain expectation of buying something and expecting it to work and it sounds like the QC guy took a nap on you and let you down.

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to agree about the Emma mod. It really looks good. Just so you know, I've been sick for days now and just now able to get on the computer. I don't know much about the Panzer mech. I can't get the locking ring on it to work either. I just turn it all the way to the right and it still fires. It doesn't hit as good as the Emma mod, but I still use it some. One of the reasons I to use it is because I got the black hawk version on the Panzer and I also got an Indulgence mutant x v2 in black so it looks cool to have an all black mod. If you haven't tried the mutant x v2, I highly recommed it. It's got 9 holes on each side. It was very airy when I started using it, but I got used to it and love it. Of course you can adjust the air flow if you want to

This all might not be on topic very well. but I wanted to write you back. Let me know if you find out anything about the Emma mod.
have a great one!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm glad you did...and I actually have a Mutation X V2 in copper on it's way in the mail right now for my copper Nemi clone...my christmas present to myself from xmas money...I must admit I didn't leave the house today but I haven't forgotten my promise...Also being off topic I have to do laundry tomorrow and we don't have washers and dryers in our apartments in the complex so I usually got to visit my parents on Sundays and do laundry there...the point of being off topic is the big local vape shop in the town is between my place and there's so I have no excuse to go look at one and figure it out. I am sorry your panzer doesn't work right. I think they're kinda cool looking but after using my buddy's and his locking ring being stuck always "on" it's not for me. Most of my gear is older anyways...I don't drip at work so mostly my newer stuff is like my Vaporsharks and my Kayfun Lite plus V2...I am waiting for the V4 to get back in stock. I have no problem with clones but I really like SM and their authentic stuff is tops...also, after living in Switzerland and spending a good chunk of time in Germany I like supporting them as much as I like supporting the US....a Squape R is also on the tax return wish list....but enough ranting off topic

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got a panzer blackhawk and a ss version and on mine you turn them all the way to the left to fire and all the way to the right to lock. Mine are both clones and never had any problems. Can you post a pic to give us an idea of what its doing or looks like?

Sent from my LGL35G

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Monkey, that's cool that you're getting the Mutation X. Hope you like as much as I like mine. Also, I hope the laundry was fun :) I'll eventually get the Panzer switch to work right. And dow you don't have to worry about the Emma switch. I worked on it a long time but finally got it.

And hi Nitro, thanks for the help with the Panzer mod. On mine, you turn it all the way to the right to vape and turning it to the left just unscrews the switch?? I'll see if I can get my lady to take a picture or two and I'll upload them.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@jumper ....I am glad you got it to work...I feel bad because when I say I am going to do something I do it....I just dont' always get it done in the time I say I will...I got stuck at work late and didn't make it to the vape shop again. I hope the panzer starts behaving for you as well...I can't wait to get the MX...I am looking for one more atty as well...I just chucked my Ehpro TOBH in the bin because the screws came loose on their own for the last time on me tonight...I just got the lucky one of those with bad posts...I plan to get another TOBH from Infinite but I think it's time to swing out and try something else...any other suggestions? Still might look at that Emma while I am shopping if I ever make it just so I can keep good on my word :)

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Monkey, If you get a chance to stop by the B&M, I would still like you to ask them about the Emma. Yes, I did get it to work, but I don't feel I'm doing it quite right. Also, it's hard for me to suggest a dripper because I've only had two. A patriot and the MX. If you get a chance to get an Emma go for it. It hits harder than my Panzer.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will take a look at it next weekend and I will get it done...I keep my word, I just don't always keep it in the time frame I say i will and I still feel bad I wasn't able to yet. I am sorry for that...I have to go out of town for work the next three days and won't be around the forum or any vape shops. I liked the pictures of the Emma...it looks like a beautiful mod but I just ordered the Testla Copper Shotgun Clone from FT so it will be a little while before I get another mod. The Patriot was the first authentic dripper I own and it's the most expensive dripper I have as well...the only other authentic drippers I have is a Strom V2, An Igo-L, an Igo-W4, and the MX V2 I just got today (I am super excited to have my first dual positive post atty, I've got some clapton wire I've been saving just to try out on it with,) and all of those cost less than 30 bucks. But I love the Patriot for it's simplicity and it's reliability...I've never had the screws come loose on me wiggling my leads to snap them off after building a coil like I have with the clones and it's just a solid simple atty. I will say this...if you have a couple bucks to do it you should get the Trinity Pyrex cap for it that Vapor DNA sells...I don't know if all of them are exactly the same but for 35 bucks mine came with 1/8 inch airholes and the flavor I get it from it is awesome...it was like buying a whole new atty...plus being able to see the vapor swirl inside the atty is a trip.

ChooChooTrain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On your panzer clone if it's a cheap manufacturer then you can hang it up I own one panzer from ehpro, one from infinite and one from tobeco. Ehpro and infinite are both fine but the one from tobeco the locking ring messed up from day one and I never got it to work due to bad threads so I ended up super gluing the Damn thing so it won't rattle. Good luck.

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Madmokey, Thanks for haging in there with me. I'm actually getting a litter better with the locking rings on the Emma, but not as good as it should be. That's neat about being able to see the vapor swirling. I would love to see that. I'm trolling the net tonight for something to buy. Always a good thing when you're bored!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, I've been out of town for work the last couple days....Of course I'm hanging...thank you for hanging in with me as I haven't kept my promise yet to look at the Emma...although I have got a chance to tinker with the MX V2 and my official review is a thumbs down....for what I paid for it I am happy with the vape but I broke the stupid triangle allen key putting my first coil on. I am going to the store tomorrow to see if I can find some grub screws with allen keys since KP's repair kit is out of stock. I think they're just standard M 1.6 screws since a screw from my EHpro TOBH clone fit, but wasn't long enough. I was hoping if I waited awhile to buy one they would do something about the screws but nope...something to fix so people will buy the version three :)

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't worry about being gone. It's kool. Sorry you had a bad experience with me MX v2. When I make coils and use the allen key, I don't bear down on it very hard. And once I have the build finished, I make sure that the screws are tight, but don't crank on them.

I'm pretty ok with the Emma mod now except for one thing. The locking ring is stuck :( It's reversed threaded and I'm not sure which direction to turn it. I don't want to kill it, but would like to be able to use it.

Hope your time out of town was a good trip. We all need that at some point.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Jumper, but I am sorry to say my trip as a venture into a frozen wasteland hell....it was beautiful but I am tired of driving on ice and ready for winter to be over :)

I actually like the vape on the MX V2...I manage to get a 5 wrap 24 gauge single coil parallel build coming in at about .28 in it before I broke the triangle key...I usually don't build that low but I wanted to see it blow the clouds it was supposed to...I am suprised by how good the flavor is. I just wanted a cheap plain copper atty to match my copper nemesis...my new thing is building matched rigs and not just putting any atty on any mod. It looks like it will patina nice and match perfectly....ironically my nemesis has the same problem as your Emma. The locking ring is permanently stuck and I am afraid to use tools and damage the copper threads on it so it stays at my desk these days.

VU Sponsors