Become a Patron!

Long-Term Juice Storage

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just getting some experiences and suggestions from the community. I have a few flavors mixed up in 240ml bottles that I transfer periodically to 30ml bottles for daily use. My question: Is it okay if the bigger bottles just sit in my dark cabinet sealed for however many months it takes to vape through it? or Is there a better storage plan i.e. refrigerator,freezer .etc. to preserve flavors while working through the juice? i apreciate any and all feedback.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Just getting some experiences and suggestions from the community. I have a few flavors mixed up in 240ml bottles that I transfer periodically to 30ml bottles for daily use. My question: Is it okay if the bigger bottles just sit in my dark cabinet sealed for however many months it takes to vape through it? or Is there a better storage plan i.e. refrigerator,freezer .etc. to preserve flavors while working through the juice? i apreciate any and all feedback.

The expiry date for e-liquid isn’t officially established, but based on the life of PG, VG and nicotine it can be expected to be 1-2 years (when stored correctly).

Resist the urge to store your E-Liquid in the refrigerator or freezer. The reason why you should avoid storing E-Liquid in those areas has to do with the cold temperature’s potential impact on the three main ingredients. Vegetable glycerin is an oily substance that can thicken and get sticky when cold. Propylene glycol, on the other hand, has a tendency to take on water. So any ice crystals or condensation that form during refrigeration or freezing will undoubtedly be absorbed by the E-Juice, thereby diluting it. Liquid nicotine may degrade in extremely cold temperatures too.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool dark places for mixed liquids seems best. I've also read that the flavoring manufacturers suggest not refrigerating the flavorings themselves. I do store my high concentration liquid nic in the freezer in a pg base though. I understand the reduced molecular activity slows oxidation, and these are for years of mixing to come.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The expiry date for e-liquid isn’t officially established, but based on the life of PG, VG and nicotine it can be expected to be 1-2 years (when stored correctly).
Thanks everyone, I had no idea that they could be stored for this length of time. It definitely won't take me that long to vape. So it seems that the moral of the story is just a nice dark cool cupboard and business as usual, nothing more nothing less. Cheers all.

Reactions: MC5

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. Now I'm confused. Store nic in the freezer or not? Would the freezer be considered "extremely cold?"

I thought the purpose of placing the nic in the freezer is to slow the oxidation/chemical changes between nic and air?

That's why I thought you leave your mixed juices I a dark cool place so everything can dance and play with each other. Otherwise known as steeping.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. Now I'm confused. Store nic in the freezer or not? Would the freezer be considered "extremely cold?"

I thought the purpose of placing the nic in the freezer is to slow the oxidation/chemical changes between nic and air?

That's why I thought you leave your mixed juices I a dark cool place so everything can dance and play with each other. Otherwise known as steeping.

Yes, anyone who plans on keeping nic for some time stores it in the freezer. It extends the life considerably!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Yes, anyone who plans on keeping nic for some time stores it in the freezer. It extends the life considerably!
nicotine solution solvated in wither PG or VG WILL NOT FREEZE! Liquid nicotine may degrade in extremely cold temperatures too.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Seems to be some controversy here whether to store in the freezer or frig. Do not take my word for it, ask a nicotine supplier who specializes in it?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I talked with a guy who was a nic manufacturer and he din't recommend storing in freezer or fridge., the main thing was out of light and with no exposure to air.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
This is great to know. I guess I'll put my mixtures in the cabinet for storage instead of the fridge.

VU Sponsors