Become a Patron!

Looking for 22mm tank low wattage coils

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So ive been puffin on a vaporesso target mini, guardian tank, ccell-gd ss .5Ω ceramic coils for a few months now. I love the flavor it gives, i havent had the priming/burnt taste problems ive read a lot of ppl having, but its jus so smooth i can rip th hell out of it for so long n still feels like nothing. I blow out a decent cloud, but i dont really feel it if you know what i mean. If i take too long of a draw with some juices, then ill get the burnt taste, which is very easy to do since i can pull it until i cant breath anymore lol. Id rather have a tank/coil set up that would almost make me choke lol. I know it's only 40w, but my smok osub plus i can vape at 35w-40w with much better results/satisfaction. Can anyone recommend a tank and coil set up thats 22mm, great flavor with decent clouds between 30-40w and will give me better results but not take a huge loss in flavor?

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Aspire Cleito with 0.4, Super Tank Mini with 0.5, Atlantis EVO with 0.4 or 0.5, and Herakles or H Plus with ceramic coils..... 1.8 ohms but you'd never know it.

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive seen a lot of ppl say good things about the cleito, but i also think i remember someone saying that they were kinda slow wicking. Ive also read some good reviews on the herakles as well.

Do any of these come with an rba as well? I prob should have mentioned i kinda want one that comes with premades and an rba as well.

I was looking into the spirals plus as a 24.5mm for one of my other mods, i see the first spirals was a 22mm that i think comes with a rba deck as well. Also, smok makes a mini version of the tfv4 that uses the same coils, and it comes with what the call a tv rca, Rebuildable Clapton atomizer haha. How is those in comparison to the ones mentioned? Or is there not a good coil for it at lower wattage?

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is quite difficult to get a setup that would provide that much vapour at the power level you are looking at- by you saying enough to make you choke I gather you want a LOT of vapour.

As mentioned the Cleito is good, and you can buy a RBA section for it too which is something you are looking for. I tend to vape at around 25-40W with RTA's, but found I would run the Cleito at around 45W with stock 0.4 Coils.

I have the Micro TFV4 that come with the H-Priv kit. It is nice, but nothing special, and it does seem to need a little bit more than 40W. I didn't try all coils though as I have many more tanks than I do mods, and I have 49 mods- I am unsure how many tanks I actually do have as I haven't counted lol.

A good all rounder is a Toptank or Subtank mini. The top tank mini is just a top fill subtank mini. These don't need much power to run and come with an RBA section that works well in the box.
It won't provide insane clouds though- for that you really need to go RTA or a higher wattage setting with a more suitable tank.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Check the General Rebuildable section too for lots of RTA threads.

Cleito keeps up if you don't ask too much of it. The 0.4 at 48-50 works for me.

Original Herakles is bottom fill and a little more power hungry than Super Tank Mini. However, it has much nicer machining.

Tried a Spirals as a juice tester in a shop. I would just as soon keep my Baby Beast. The Smok Stick V8 with Big Baby looks good too. Big Baby holds 5ml rather than 3, and the babies are thirsty tanks so size matters.

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont really care for cloud chucking honestly. I also dont really need to feel like im going to chock. As long as i feel like im gettin somethin and dont have to suck the $#!+ out of it and still not feel satisfied. Im more of a flavor guy. Thank you for your advice conan

Mikey, i am limited to 40w max and 22mm since its going on a vaporesso target mini. The big baby is 24.5mm isnt it? That's why i was thinking spirals or tfv4 mini since they are 22mm. If the cleito needs more than 40w, that also will not work for me. Also, i have a brit beast on my osub plus which is the same coils as the baby beast. Im happy with that around 40-45w with the q2 .4Ω coils. I jus got a couple t8 .12Ω coils, i think i like the flavor better out of the q2s

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont really care for cloud chucking honestly. I also dont really need to feel like im going to chock. As long as i feel like im gettin somethin and dont have to suck the $#!+ out of it and still not feel satisfied. Im more of a flavor guy. Thank you for your advice conan

Mikey, i am limited to 40w max and 22mm since its going on a vaporesso target mini. The big baby is 24.5mm isnt it? That's why i was thinking spirals or tfv4 mini since they are 22mm. If the cleito needs more than 40w, that also will not work for me. Also, i have a brit beast on my osub plus which is the same coils as the baby beast. Im happy with that around 40-45w with the q2 .4Ω coils. I jus got a couple t8 .12Ω coils, i think i like the flavor better out of the q2s
It could well be you don't actually need any more power, I only mentioned choking as you did lol.

It might be better to either go up in nicotine level, or if not, a higher PG juice- many people find higher PG gives them more of a 'throat hit' and satisfies them more.

I am a pretty low wattage vaper myself, I use 70/30 at 3MG, but everyone is different. 50/50 might suit you better, or even say 6MG nic :)

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No no i know you only mention choking cause it did, thats why i wanted to clarify. At first i said it so you could get the idea of what i meant cause some ppl dont understand what i meant when i say i dont really feel it. The second time was just to say that i dont mean i actually want to choke on it lol, i just want to be able to feel the hits.

Its not so much the nicotine, vg/pg or juice, i use the same juice in my other mods and its fine, its just the way the guardian tank is and these coils that doesnt really do it for me. Its just way too smooth, and a pretty tight draw. I can literally suck on it as hard as i can for as long as i can and still feel nothing, even when i blow out a decent cloud. Same juice and same wattage out of my brit beast tank is a completely different feel and much more satisfying. I can actually feel my rips, even when i take a short puff and blow out less vapor. Idk...its kinda hard to explain. I just need a different tank lol. Its unfortunate cause the flavor absolutely rocks from this tank.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No no i know you only mention choking cause it did, thats why i wanted to clarify. At first i said it so you could get the idea of what i meant cause some ppl dont understand what i meant when i say i dont really feel it. The second time was just to say that i dont mean i actually want to choke on it lol, i just want to be able to feel the hits.

Its not so much the nicotine, vg/pg or juice, i use the same juice in my other mods and its fine, its just the way the guardian tank is and these coils that doesnt really do it for me. Its just way too smooth, and a pretty tight draw. I can literally suck on it as hard as i can for as long as i can and still feel nothing, even when i blow out a decent cloud. Same juice and same wattage out of my brit beast tank is a completely different feel and much more satisfying. I can actually feel my rips, even when i take a short puff and blow out less vapor. Idk...its kinda hard to explain. I just need a different tank lol. Its unfortunate cause the flavor absolutely rocks from this tank.
Ahh, I see, sorry for the confusion mate.

I agree that another tank would suit you better-it may be a very good tank, but we all like different things when it comes to vaping.

What about a Uwell Crown? It is a bit older now, but you can run it with the 1.2 Ohm coils at the type of power levels you are thinking of, even the 0.5 coils but these may be too cool for your liking at 30-40W.

I take it you are in the UK too as you mentioned a Brit beast? If so, now is quite a good time to get hold of tanks for cheap with the TPD coming into force this month- you can get tanks over 2ML that are fantastic for under a tenner.

Is there a reason you want to stick to a 40W maximum, as in is the target mini your only mod and you are trying to save battery life? I do have plenty of 200W+ mods in the collection, but even with those I usually am at around 40W with dual coils.

Also, as you like the Brit beast, do you just want another tank for the collection? I would keep using that if you like it, but I know exactly what it is like collecting things and trying out new things too.

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No worries bud, no need to be sorry, i know it can be a bit confusing to understand what i meant, its a hard to explain it, so its hard to understand it as well lol.

I get mixed reviews w the crown. I hear some ppl say the two is better, a lot of ppl say the one is better, most ppl say the three is the better option. But i also see a lot of bad reviews with their coils, unless you can find the version 4 coils. I found a site selling the crown 2 for $10, i was going to order it because i heard so much good about the first one, and some ppl saying the faults of the one have been fixe in the two, but then i started looking into it further, i found the bad reviews on the coils burning up really really fast, unless you find the version 4. But arent those tanks 24mm? I need 22mm to replace this tank. I found the tfv4 mini for like $11-$12.

No im in the USA. The brit beast is the tank that comes on the smok osub plus 80w. Uses the same v8 baby coils as the baby beast.

The reason for 40w max, the target mini is only capable of 40w max. I do have other mods, but i figure why stop using a perfectly good mod when all i have to do is slap a new tank on it. I do have other mods that im looking into other tanks to, i love tanks and jus want a bunch of them lol. But for the target mini, i need something 22mm that is good in the 30-40watt max range.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No worries bud, no need to be sorry, i know it can be a bit confusing to understand what i meant, its a hard to explain it, so its hard to understand it as well lol.

I get mixed reviews w the crown. I hear some ppl say the two is better, a lot of ppl say the one is better, most ppl say the three is the better option. But i also see a lot of bad reviews with their coils, unless you can find the version 4 coils. I found a site selling the crown 2 for $10, i was going to order it because i heard so much good about the first one, and some ppl saying the faults of the one have been fixe in the two, but then i started looking into it further, i found the bad reviews on the coils burning up really really fast, unless you find the version 4. But arent those tanks 24mm? I need 22mm to replace this tank. I found the tfv4 mini for like $11-$12.

No im in the USA. The brit beast is the tank that comes on the smok osub plus 80w. Uses the same v8 baby coils as the baby beast.

The reason for 40w max, the target mini is only capable of 40w max. I do have other mods, but i figure why stop using a perfectly good mod when all i have to do is slap a new tank on it. I do have other mods that im looking into other tanks to, i love tanks and jus want a bunch of them lol. But for the target mini, i need something 22mm that is good in the 30-40watt max range.

Haha, it can be hard to explain things in text for sure.

I don't have the crown 2, I do have the original crown and the rafale, and they are both nice tanks. It seems the crown 2 is 24MM, while the original is 22MM.

They aren't the best for lower power use though, and if your mod's maximum is 40W then it will likely be best to go for something else to use on it, and go for one of the tanks that need more power for your other mods.

A good all rounder is the Toptank mini. You mention you love tanks, I know what it is like collecting them, as well as mods :). The toptank, and the subtank before it, have been around for ages- years infact. They are great little tanks and don't need as much power as a lot of other tanks out there to work at their best.

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ended up gettin the tfv4 mini and the crown 2. Even though i heard bad things about the coils for the crown 2, i figured id give it a shot since its only $10 and a lota ppl say they have great taste. If it turns out the coils suck, its only a $10 hit. If it works good, then i got a good tank for $10 lol.

Isnt the crown 2 pretty much the same as the rafale? They take the same coils i believe. I see a lota ppl sayin the crown 2 should have been named the rafale 2.

Im always iffy on kanger stuff. I have the cupti and i hate it. The flavor is wicked airy. I know i shouldnt judge all their products because i got one i dont like, its jus hard to not to lol.

After looking at tanks for the last few days, and ordering a couple, i now want another mod and yet another tank lol.

So i have a kanger cupti which i never use, smok osub plus 80w w the brit beast, vaporesso target mini 40w w the guardian, i jus got a geekvape mech pro with the medusa, the crown 2 and tfv4 mini should be here tomorrow, and now i already want another mod and tank lol. Something with replaceable batteries, at or above 150w, maybe even 200+ w. Idk why since i never really go over 60w, except with the mech mod on a dual coil 24g at .22Ω build. I just like having the option to go with higher watts, and to be able to put the tank on the mech mod. I really like building my own coils. Keeps my busy in my down time, and give me a sense of accomplishment when i do a good build with great flavor and good clouds lol.

Damn this hobby is fun, addictive, and gets expensive quick. Still cheaper than those stinky cancer sticks (especially here in boston ma where cigs are 10-11 bucks per pack each day) that arent fun and slowly kill you. At least after this next mod and tank i should be done buying for a little while, at least thats what im tellin myself, but we all know how that goes lol.

Thank god for online shopping. Not only are things half the price than local shops, but the options are damn near endless. Now for the hard part, trying to figure out what to get.

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i got my tanks today. The crown 2 with the .25-Ω coils (only one i tried so far), WOW!!! AMAZING flavor!!! Pretty good clouds too.

Tfv4 mini with the tf-s6 .4Ω coil, not great but not bad. I put the same juice in both tanks for a comparison, kinda let down. I thought it was going to have much better flavor. I have noticed some juices taste better in some tanks than others, so maybe its just this juice for this tank. Im finding it pretty hard to find the sweet spot since it has top and bottom air flow. So hopefully playing around with it and a different juice may do the trick, or a different coil.

I also got the alien with the tvf8 baby, thats got some pretty good flavor. Not as good as the crown 2, but pretty good.

I also got the hadaly rda. Now the flavor in that is amazing as well.

Neither one of these tanks really cut it on the target mini at 40w. Havent put the hadaly on there, but i dont think thats going going to save it.

I think the target mini is underpowered. Really doesnt seem like its actually 40w for some reason. I wish my brit beast would fit on it so i could really tell since that does good at 40w on my osub plus. Theres jus a slight hump above the fire button that wont allow that tank to seat all the way, but the crown jus barely makes it on there. I may take a dremel too it to get the brit beast to fit jus to see if that does as good at 40w as it does on the osub plus

I have noticed that the newer Vaporesso EUC ss coils wick alot better than the ccell gd coils do. Check out the Estoc tank or the Veco tank by Vaporesso. I run them at 35-40 watts and have been getting a great vape and flavor for days. I have also been using the Sense Blazer Nano with the 1.8 ohm ceramic and cotton coils and am really impressed with the flavor. I am vaping this tank at 35-40 watts as well. Still my go to setup is the original Vaporesso Ccell .9 ohm kanthal coils in the Aspire Evo 2ml tank on top of the IPV 8 running at 35 watts all day long..I can pull on this as long as I possibly can and still no dry hit and still the best flavor coil that i have found. Vapordna just got the new version of the original .9 kanthal Ccell coils in, they have a little wider airflow but these new coils wick amazingly well and flavor is automatic.

VU Sponsors