Become a Patron!

Looking for a better battery

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so I run a DNA duel 18650 at around 85 watts with a duel ss316 Clapton that usually ohms in at .2. I have always just used vtc 4s. But they just don't seem to give me the life I want. What's a good battery for what I run. I don't ever build below .2. I have read good things about the brownies.

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
30q,s. I run them in damn near everything.

foradepoweraliya

Unlisted Vendor
so I run a DNA duel 18650 at around 85 watts with a duel ss316 Clapton that usually ohms in at .2. I have always just used vtc 4s. But they just don't seem to give me the life I want. What's a good battery for what I run. I don't ever build below .2. I have read good things about the brownies.
You can choose Samsung 30Q and 25R instead.orignal battery website :www.foradepower.com
Almost 100% positive review store:https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1191644?spm=2114.10010108.0.39.7i5Xv1

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm so use to build on mech mods. With a regualated mod it allows you to build down to the stated ohms which is .1 for the mod right not depended on the batteries how low you can build

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
they are underrtaed by samsung. always go by mooch never the manufacturer
img_4813-jpg.643937

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok now I see why they are better then the hg2. I'm trying to buy around 16 of them. You know a good cheap site? If not I am just going to order from imrbatteries.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok now I see why they are better then the hg2. I'm trying to buy around 16 of them. You know a good cheap site? If not I am just going to order from imrbatteries.
Imrbatteries.com illumn.com liionwholesale.com

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for what it's worth, I always use 30Q in all box mods. but for mechs, parallel or single cell I use 25R.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good news on the samsung 30q's. Mooch's recent testing comparing them to hg2's and vtc6 after 50 hard charge/drain cycles, the 30q's lost the least amount of battery life vs the other two. Not sure about a link, it came across fb in a post. I could link to the image but it would be a fb link and not sure that would work well here in the forums.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered 14 30q. Hoping for good life on them. I usually dont build much lower then .2 maybe .18 sometimes. And usually don't go over 85-90 watts

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With mooch and everyone saying they are 20a I feel safe ordering them. The calculator jon posted says I will run about 16.67 amps at 90 watts.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good news on the samsung 30q's. Mooch's recent testing comparing them to hg2's and vtc6 after 50 hard charge/drain cycles, the 30q's lost the least amount of battery life vs the other two. Not sure about a link, it came across fb in a post. I could link to the image but it would be a fb link and not sure that would work well here in the forums.
Yep read that on ECR.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered 14 30q. Hoping for good life on them. I usually dont build much lower then .2 maybe .18 sometimes. And usually don't go over 85-90 watts
Go down to 0.06 if you like- its regulated :). Amp load on your batteries isn't dependent on resistance with a regulated mod, only watts.

30Q's are some of my favourite batteries to use, and with your mod you will not even be pushing them far at 85-90W. Many people go for batteries that are far past what they need- in your case the 30Q, HG2 or even VTC6 is perfect.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks just hope they give me more battery life. I use vtc4's and they last most of a day.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use a SMY SDNA75 which only uses a single 18650. I use stainless steel and builds are just shy of .2ohms with temp control. Can I get a battery recommendation or would those Samsung 30r work for me too?

Or maybe Sony vtc5? I just want something that'll last all day.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a SMY SDNA75 which only uses a single 18650. I use stainless steel and builds are just shy of .2ohms with temp control. Can I get a battery recommendation or would those Samsung 30r work for me too?

Or maybe Sony vtc5? I just want something that'll last all day.
What power setting are you using? Resistance doesn't matter, but your watts do when it comes to battery life and amp load.

A Samsung 25R is a great 20A battery with a 2500MAH capacity, while the 30Q is a 3000MAH 20A battery. Both will work well with the SMY DNA75, but if you are running it at the full 75W and in power mode neither will last all day, and you will be going over the CDR of both batteries.

The VTC5A is good for 25A, but at 75W and with the standard cut off of the SMY DNA75 at 2.75V you will be overdrawing them as well at 75W. The DNA75 is limited in Escribe to 28A input, with a maximum of 32A burst. It is easy to hit this if you are running the full 75W.

The Samsungs are still very capable batteries in the way we use them while vaping and should be fine if you are already using them. If you want a little more headroom the VTC5A would be good, but from Mooch's tests unless you don't already have the Samsungs they aren't really worth getting. If you are looking for new batteries and they are a good price, get the VTC5A.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What power setting are you using? Resistance doesn't matter, but your watts do when it comes to battery life and amp load.

A Samsung 25R is a great 20A battery with a 2500MAH capacity, while the 30Q is a 3000MAH 20A battery. Both will work well with the SMY DNA75, but if you are running it at the full 75W and in power mode neither will last all day, and you will be going over the CDR of both batteries.

The VTC5A is good for 25A, but at 75W and with the standard cut off of the SMY DNA75 at 2.75V you will be overdrawing them as well at 75W. The DNA75 is limited in Escribe to 28A input, with a maximum of 32A burst. It is easy to hit this if you are running the full 75W.

The Samsungs are still very capable batteries in the way we use them while vaping and should be fine if you are already using them. If you want a little more headroom the VTC5A would be good, but from Mooch's tests unless you don't already have the Samsungs they aren't really worth getting. If you are looking for new batteries and they are a good price, get the VTC5A.

I have no idea. When I was using kanthal I was using 37.5 - 42.5 watts, but since switching to stainless I hover between 400F and 450F depending what recipe fluid I'm vaping.

I don't monkey with power settings as far as I know anymore.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea. When I was using kanthal I was using 37.5 - 42.5 watts, but since switching to stainless I hover between 400F and 450F depending what recipe fluid I'm vaping.

I don't monkey with power settings as far as I know anymore.

You still have to set a power level for TC- if you lock your mod, then hold the up and down buttons to change power, you can see what you have it set at assuming your mod is in temp dominant mode.
What is your preheat in Escribe as well?

It sounds like you are not stressing your batteries though with the power level you was using before, so the LG HG2, Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC6 would be a great choice (This is not in any specific order, just 3 batteries that will be good for your needs).

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You still have to set a power level for TC- if you lock your mod, then hold the up and down buttons to change power, you can see what you have it set at assuming your mod is in temp dominant mode.
What is your preheat in Escribe as well?

It sounds like you are not stressing your batteries though with the power level you was using before, so the LG HG2, Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC6 would be a great choice (This is not in any specific order, just 3 batteries that will be good for your needs).

Oh lol. I've had this mod for over a year, but just started using tc around a week ago. Didn't even know you could change the watts in tc mode. Thanks for the tip. It was at 55 watts, but I turned it down to 45.

Learn something new every day.

Edit: as for the preheat I have no idea. Haven't monkeyed with escribe since I got everything on my mod set up the way I like within the first month of getting it.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh lol. I've had this mod for over a year, but just started using tc around a week ago. Didn't even know you could change the watts in tc mode. Thanks for the tip. It was at 55 watts, but I turned it down to 45.

Learn something new every day.

Edit: as for the preheat I have no idea. Haven't monkeyed with escribe since I got everything on my mod set up the way I like within the first month of getting it.

No problem lol, if you was enjoying the vape at 55W though keep it there, unless you are finding it is better reduced to 45.

It would be worth installing Escribe from Evolv here - https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES.exe

This will install Escribe, and allow you to connect your mod to your PC, and set up your mod for a perfect vape, exactly as you like. You can also then update the mod with the latest firmware for the best possible performance, and to remove any bugs with older firmware.

It seems though your mod is working well, when you mention the first month did someone set it up in Escribe for you? The preheat and punch is one of the only things that matters, which you can't change on the actual mod and you may want to change, apart from very deep settings most people won't ever need.
Like you can play an electric guitar without being plugged in, and still enjoy it, but once you plug into an amp you can really get going!

That is the only comparison I can think of, I hope you get the idea ;)

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No problem lol, if you was enjoying the vape at 55W though keep it there, unless you are finding it is better reduced to 45.

It would be worth installing Escribe from Evolv here - https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES.exe

This will install Escribe, and allow you to connect your mod to your PC, and set up your mod for a perfect vape, exactly as you like. You can also then update the mod with the latest firmware for the best possible performance, and to remove any bugs with older firmware.

It seems though your mod is working well, when you mention the first month did someone set it up in Escribe for you? The preheat and punch is one of the only things that matters, which you can't change on the actual mod and you may want to change, apart from very deep settings most people won't ever need.
Like you can play an electric guitar without being plugged in, and still enjoy it, but once you plug into an amp you can really get going!

That is the only comparison I can think of, I hope you get the idea ;)

no I set it up myself, got it working the way I wanted and then promptly forgot Escribe's existence lol. It is probably well overdue for an update though.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I updated it in escribe. Can't say I notice any difference. Also have no idea how to adjust the preheat or punch. Can't see the option anywhere. I'm just an average joe vaper. Long as it fires when I press the fire button, doesn't blow up in my face, and doesn't cause dry hits I'm a happy camper.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm running into issues since monkeying around in escribe though I didn't change much around. Before when I'd hit the fire it usually had a good decent punch, unless I had dry coils or a low battery, but now it's like that preheat punch is gone and it just slowly builds up to hitting decently. What did I do wrong?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm running into issues since monkeying around in escribe though I didn't change much around. Before when I'd hit the fire it usually had a good decent punch, unless I had dry coils or a low battery, but now it's like that preheat punch is gone and it just slowly builds up to hitting decently. What did I do wrong?

It sounds like you may have turned the preheat down, and possibly the punch (the punch is how close to your set temp the mod allows the coils to reach before the preheat stops).

When you are in Escribe, under each profile there will be a box that says 'preheat'. Set this to something you like, as you have the mod set at 45-55W you will want it to be above this. For a quick and powerful preheat, set the power fairly higher than you are running, and the punch from the default or all the way to the right depending how hard you exactly want it.

VU Sponsors