Become a Patron!

Looking for a new RDA, any sugeestions?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So I'm in the market for a new RDA. I was using a velocity, but it's wore out and the white rubber from the positive post is cracked so I don't think it's viable anymore. Currently I'm using my hellboy now in the meantime. and I have an old Doge v2 but not really interested in using it. It's kinda outdated now. I was wondering what would be a good suggestion. Hard to tell with so many options out there. I'm using TC now so all my builds are standard dual spaced SS316l coils. Nothing too fancy. I'm not looking for one's that have a center post (unless it's highly recommended by many people) as I have my hellboy and Doge that do that still. Here are some I've been looking at.

Velocity V2 - I love the velocity and might just get another one to replace it. plus the V2 has flat head screws thankfully. Didn't care for the Allen wrench ones. They are hard to tighten because they strip easy. I liked the dual outside posts, good air flow, easy to build on and overall worked good. And i know I'll like it.

Aeronaut RDA - I've seen it recommended a few times. Not sure if I'll like building on it but airflow seems good as does contact points. Might seem over complicated for the sake of being over complicated though.

Tsunami 24 RDA - Looks similar to the velocity, except air flow comes from under the coils through a tube rather then open airflow like the velocity. Not sure how it compares to the velocity

Hannya RDA - Postless RDA seems cool and airflow seems good, but worried about leakage and about building difficulty. Seems like you can't cut leads after you mount it. Need to pre-cut to the right length.

Double Vision RDA - seems like the velocity, but the one concern i have is it has 1 giant pos thole on each post rather then 2 so building a dual coil will be a little more annoying

Phenotype L RDA - Similar to velocity but with different air holes and gold played positive post. But like the double vision, only 1 hole per post

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
can't go wrong with the velocity v2 - heard good stuff re the tsunami as well.. not familiar with the others.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Also see the
Movkin JC25 RDA Anyone with experience on that one?

noogie003

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If continuous current is still selling them I'd check out the tactical warhead, and if not check out the payload also by CC, block two hole center post but truthfully an easy deck to build on. immaculate quality IMO, restrictive to the point that you can't put low wattage builds on them, to much airflow. Juice well is excellent and the screws are STURDY, post hole size may leave something to be desired but the only wire I haven't been able to fit is juggernaut wire... Which is awful IMO anyhow haha, verses the velocity v2 you'd be getting less airflow options but I can't stress how smooth and wonderful the CC products airflow is, velocity v2 juice well also leaves something to be desired, but you'll be able to fit anything in those post holes and if your inexperienced the velocity is easy as pie to build on, like any two post.

Phenotype L I'd strongly recommend against unless you plan to buy the top airflow top cap. With it, it's an excellent rda with a small juice well

Tsunami 24 top cap is junk and gets extremely hot easily would not recommend

Aeronaut I've had no success with, dry hits on any and every build, maybe that ones just me though.

Double vision top cap is so loose on mine it falls off in pocket, replacement O rings are a thing but still

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If continuous current is still selling them I'd check out the tactical warhead, and if not check out the payload also by CC, block two hole center post but truthfully an easy deck to build on. immaculate quality IMO, restrictive to the point that you can't put low wattage builds on them, to much airflow. Juice well is excellent and the screws are STURDY, post hole size may leave something to be desired but the only wire I haven't been able to fit is juggernaut wire... Which is awful IMO anyhow haha, verses the velocity v2 you'd be getting less airflow options but I can't stress how smooth and wonderful the CC products airflow is, velocity v2 juice well also leaves something to be desired, but you'll be able to fit anything in those post holes and if your inexperienced the velocity is easy as pie to build on, like any two post.

Phenotype L I'd strongly recommend against unless you plan to buy the top airflow top cap. With it, it's an excellent rda with a small juice well

Tsunami 24 top cap is junk and gets extremely hot easily would not recommend

Aeronaut I've had no success with, dry hits on any and every build, maybe that ones just me though.

Double vision top cap is so loose on mine it falls off in pocket, replacement O rings are a thing but still

Thanks for the info. I did already order an aeronaut and tsunami 24 lol. Should arrive next wednesday. The warhead looks cool but I already have one with a similar set up. The hellboy. It's good too so i'm sure the warhead is as well, but I wanted the dual post on each side type. I just like building on them better personally
hellboy-rda-clone%20(2).JPG

VU Sponsors