Become a Patron!

Looking for a specific styled RDA

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey All. I've been lookinging around for an RDA that has thus far eluded me. I'd like it have a bottom fed center pin (for squonking), top airflow (like the Rogue), with preferably a 2-post design or one that can at least hold larger builds.

I've sworn by my Rogue for a long time, on one of my squonkers, because it doesn't leak onto my pants when I pocket carry. However, I've recently really begun to dig CLapton and Framed STaple coil biulds, but I've given up on trying to get one of them mounted on the Rogue. I have a BF Vector but I haven't really liked the way it vapes as much as the Rogue.

I've really been digging my Velocity Mini, and have thought about trying to mod one to be a squonker, but it is side airflow and those ALWAYS tend to leak in the pocket. I'd even be willing to try drilling the center pin if I could find a 2-post atty with top air flow...

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ordered direct from Cthulhu for $26. Guess I could have looked fit a closer vendor, but the price was right and I didn't have a lot of time to search around; plus I could use PP, which was a huge bonus!

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Wonder what their shipping time is like?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the look of this atty too especially with the BF pin included.

The one thing I wonder about is the drain-back when using it for squonking ...

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like the look of this atty too especially with the BF pin included.

The one thing I wonder about is the drain-back when using it for squonking ...
I could live with a little in the bottom to have a 2-post with top air. With wider diameter coils there will be a little more cotton to absorb juice too. I think it would take a serious oversquonk to make it an issue, but we'll see.
Hope it's not on a super slow boat trip across the ocean... I'm eager to check it out. ;)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could live with a little in the bottom to have a 2-post with top air. With wider diameter coils there will be a little more cotton to absorb juice too. I think it would take a serious oversquonk to make it an issue, but we'll see.
Hope it's not on a super slow boat trip across the ocean... I'm eager to check it out. ;)

I agree, I have to admit I am prone to oversquonking but like you said, with decent wicking it shouldn't really be an issue.

I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions of it ... almost went ahead and ordered it myself but I'm trying to at least show a little restraint nowadays. :D

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hmmm... This is a little concerning: Hastur RDTA

Well crap. Hope I have better luck. I did see that there was an extended holiday over there that just ended. I'll hope for the best for now. Site says they ship 1st class registered airmail. My order still shows as pending, but it was just last night I ordered. Looks like I'll be tracking this a little closer than anticipated. Thanks for the heads up.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My order went from "pending" to "processing" yesterday, but no shipping yet :/ I guess it's something, but still a little nervous about it. Watch it go to "in progress" in a few days, then sit idly again... How hard is it to throw a little box into a mailer?

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just got my shipping notification! I'm sure the email I sent this morning didn't hurt to get things going ;)
Now I'm back to being excited!

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tugboat V3...Hobo V3.1...Lush
None of these have top airflow, exclusively and none of them are bottom fed.

Hoping the Hastur works out. I still get a good vape from the be Rogue & Omertà, but I'm eager to get better coils into my squonkers.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
None of these have top airflow, exclusively and none of them are bottom fed.

Hoping the Hastur works out. I still get a good vape from the be Rogue & Omertà, but I'm eager to get better coils into my squonkers.
A Velocity Squonk Pin will fit them and they have Top Airflow, with extra options also (they are OPTIONAL). They all can fit the Description, just arent exclusively stuck to those standards, I feel extra features dont hurt if they are optional...

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A Velocity Squonk Pin will fit them and they have Top Airflow, with extra options also (they are OPTIONAL). They all can fit the Description, just arent exclusively stuck to those standards, I feel extra features dont hurt if they are optional...
Thanks, I'll check that out further! I looked at pics of all of them and saw airflow holes on the side, so I stopped looking; always get leaks in my pocket with those. I love my Velocity minis, didn't know I could get a bf pin for them :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks, I'll check that out further! I looked at pics of all of them and saw airflow holes on the side, so I stopped looking; always get leaks in my pocket with those. I love my Velocity minis, didn't know I could get a bf pin for them :)
Here's a LINK for the Velocity BF Pin, its only $3
Some RDA's with Top/Side airflow that can close off either are very nice, others that are poorly made can have looser tolerances and can build up juice in between the holes and controller but as long as you dont spin them open and closed constantly they will work well with no issues.
The Rem Atty could also qualify but its a 3 post but its a top airflow Derringer and it comes with a BF Pin.;)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here's a LINK for the Velocity BF Pin, its only $3
Some RDA's with Top/Side airflow that can close off either are very nice, others that are poorly made can have looser tolerances and can build up juice in between the holes and controller but as long as you dont spin them open and closed constantly they will work well with no issues.
The Rem Atty could also qualify but its a 3 post but its a top airflow Derringer and it comes with a BF Pin.;)
Here's the Velocity sqounker pin for a dollar less from Kidneypuncher. It does sit quite a bit above the well bottom so over squonking can be a problem. I just received it and haven't had the chance to build it yet. http://www.kidneypuncher.com/velocity-bottom-feed-pin/

VU Sponsors