Become a Patron!

Looking for good pen battery

GtownGeorge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I started with the cheap ego 1100 mah batteries and like the shape and convenience over my box, especially while driving or on the golf course. What I have now are Spinner 2 1600 mah adjustable and I really like them.What I don't like is the fact that the connection is not spring loaded, I do the proper/often cleaning of the contacts but every once and a while I have to 'pry out' the connection. Is there a 1600+, pen type, slim battery with spring loaded connection. Thanks!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure about the connection (I believe they're all pretty shoddy at that level) but a nice step up while retaining the small form factor might be an iTaste VV 3.0.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I started with the cheap ego 1100 mah batteries and like the shape and convenience over my box, especially while driving or on the golf course. What I have now are Spinner 2 1600 mah adjustable and I really like them.What I don't like is the fact that the connection is not spring loaded, I do the proper/often cleaning of the contacts but every once and a while I have to 'pry out' the connection. Is there a 1600+, pen type, slim battery with spring loaded connection. Thanks!!
Spring loaded is gonna be tough to find in a Ego sized battery (which I believe is 14mm round) I think the Evod mega might have one but it's a little fatter like 16-17mm and longer as well.

http://www.vaporbeast.com/kanger-evod-mega-kit.html use coupon code YEAHBABY

GtownGeorge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The diameter is not an issue, just so its got the spring loaded connection. The Kanger Evod looks like it would be great and a reasonable price, thanks. Lets see if there are any other options. The ijust 2 also has a spring connection and is on my list of possibles.

GtownGeorge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK, finished research and went with the ijust2 over the Kanger. Why, 2600mah vs 1900, 5.5 ml tank vs. 2.5 and clear tank vs hard to view tank. Only negative is side fill on Ijust.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
OK, finished research and went with the ijust2 over the Kanger. Why, 2600mah vs 1900, 5.5 ml tank vs. 2.5 and clear tank vs hard to view tank. Only negative is side fill on Ijust.
The iJust2 is also sub ohm... just so you are aware.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here you go! Lots of batt capacity, BTW, she is really really small....

Last edited:

GtownGeorge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, its a vaping device that can be used as a night stick and with a option can be used as a taser.

GtownGeorge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a bit weird,yes, but you can always use another tank. I think you made a good choice, based on everything I hear. I have the tank, not the mod.
I've seen some vids that show a bottom fill tank. I will follow up when it arrives.

GtownGeorge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ijust 2 arrived yesterday, I cannot be more pleased. Tank is bottom fill. Unfortunately I ruined the first coil and juice load by not cleaning out the tank. First hits tasted burnt, I primed the coil and let it sit, my guess was oil or something in the new tank. Cleaned it out and inserted new coil and everything is fine.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here you go! Lots of batt capacity, BTW, she is really really small....

hahaha that thing is so ridiculous. 3 feet long and preforms like a grocery store ego :)
and sounds like she's hitting a bong.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
hahaha that thing is so ridiculous. 3 feet long and preforms like a grocery store ego :)
and sounds like she's hitting a bong.

lol it looks like she is fixing a suppressor to it when she attatches the atty. I still have my old 5 C cell MagLight, The two hander one. The Jolan has me looking at it in a new light..... (small pun intended). Very small.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you want a VV eGo battery with a spring loaded pin, the only ones I know of that are worth buying are

- Aspire CF VV eGos (makes sure it is the CF VV, not the G-power, which look the same but are not vv)
XXoITju.jpg

- Kanger EVOD VV but only the 1300 and 1600 mAh ones. All smaller EVOD VVs are not spring loaded.
o26ikbx.jpg

The regular Kanger EVOD Twist/vv that come in the brighter colors are the ones you DON'T want as they only have fixed center pins

mUW6bCP.jpg

Both the EVOD VVs and CF VVs are your regular vv eGos which go up to 4.8V just like the Spinner IIs.

If you want an eGo battery but you want to increase your power/voltage a bit, I would recommend the Innokin iTaste VV4 which goes up to 15W/6V. Unlike regular eGo batteries, there is very little voltage drop so you actually get the voltage you set it at.

Last edited:

GtownGeorge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for your response, very informative. I did buy a 'bigger' iJust2 and love it. I find it is not as cumbersome as I thought it would be. Going to get another one after I use up my coils for my eGo ONE.

VU Sponsors