Become a Patron!

Looking for new squonk reg or mech mod

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I am ready for mech squonk mod but not sure if I am prepped for the tools for proper coil building. Coil master ohm thingy magingly that read "correct ohms" and burns the coils.

Or

I am into looking into a new reg squonk mod.

Atm, the wraith is really irritating me badly. Device keeps locking on me while not pressing three times. The graphite paperwalling is bubbling already, have had it not to long as is. Sometimes while vaping it, I get cold hit as if power is cut off but without any errors, all-in-all imho it's a POS.

Thursday I get paid 92 bucks, what would you suggest? Maybe the coil master ohm reader & mech squonk mod?

I looked at the HCigar VT inbox DNA 75 Squonk TC Box Mod for $89.99 but that cuts into the gift card fee price and shipping so I don't think I can afford the hcigar.

Any recommendations would be awesome!

Preferably dual 18650 cell.

Vape Drive

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Check Geekvape Gbox, there are deals where you can pick a kit for as low as 65 bucks.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a dual cell you might consider the GBOX 200W Squonk Mod by Geek Vape.
Mine has been great, and the mod only is about $60.00

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hotcig rsq from breazy is 60$, 52 if still on sale. I got 2 about 10 days ago and love them both. Running them both in SS TC mode and it is a great vape at 50w/420f with a single coil tri core fused clapton at 0.35ohm. My 3 mech squonks (all single coil ni80 builds around 0.2 ohm) have been getting very little use since the RSQ's arrived.

None of the current dual battery squonks appeal to me so I will stick with single battery squonks until something better comes out. Hopefully the new Pulse 80w box is released early March and that will be the next squonk I buy a pair of.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I wouldn't recommend a mechanical squonk box if you haven't had much experience with mechanical mods. Squonk mods that are mechanical are even more finicky than a tube mech or parallel mech because there harder to clean properly.

That being said, I don't like regulated. I get what I need from mechs. Squonking being no different.

If you have used mechs and know battery safety I would go with a nice setup. There nudge is killer. That thing is actually innovative. With a 40 amp fuse. Decently safe, just now your ohms law, get yourself Sony vtvs ( imo Sony makes great batteries) or Samsung 25rs. The reason I suggest 25rs are there tanks. They last a while. I've had 2 Sony vtcs crap out on me. I only run single coil .16 build. I'll say the Samsung feels like it doesn't hit as hard but only slightly noticable. I have yet to have a 25r dud out on me.

Have a wonderful day

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FT has the Gbox 200 for cheap - with that MAP code (don't forget it, you'll be pissed!)

Last month I got a Hugo kit, and a Pulse24 from Gearbest. I forgot how much I hate mechs. Thing works great, but I didn't want to invest in 20700 cells. This month I pulled the trigger on a Gbox 200 and a Wasp Nano, and I am loving every moment.

The Hugo is now all cleaned up and replaced in the box; I stole the refill-bottle and the clear spare for the Gbox. Modded the Gbox to get rid of that nasty Proprietary Bottle thing and hard plastic bottle - neomags are somewhere in the mail and the bottle cover will be removable w/o the torx set.

Modding was just getting Dubro SMALL fueline, unscrewing proprietary part, and installing that spare bottle with new tubing. I replaced the cover with only two Torx for now. It's been working flawlessly.

The TC mode 'works', but I got fed up late at night and switched back to VW - that hasn't changed since. SS, Kanthal, twisted, round, claptons - done.

I tried the VPC mode, but can't find any good info - looks like it's VW mode with time-factors.

Last edited:

Fluxxxtasy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I would start with regulated. you have alot more tolerance to building higher ohms. I love my single coils and unless i use 26/36 Alien at .15, most of my single coils ohm out at about .3-.4, and you cant use that on a mech. like the others said above the Gbox 200 is a good dual, but also look into the iJoy Capo 216 dual batt squonk. you can use 20700 in it, and its smaller than the gbox. should be around the same price, If you can find it in stock somewhere.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... but also look into the iJoy Capo 216 dual batt squonk. you can use 20700 in it, and its smaller than the gbox. should be around the same price, If you can find it in stock somewhere.
I would steer far clear of that mod after watching bogan and vaping biker's reviews.

Fluxxxtasy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I would steer far clear of that mod after watching bogan and vaping biker's reviews.
What did they say? I've heard nothing but good things from other reviewers. it doesnt have a 4.2v cuttoff like the capo 100w. and you can modify it to hold better silicone bottles if you want..

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What did they say? I've heard nothing but good things from other reviewers. it doesnt have a 4.2v cuttoff like the capo 100w. and you can modify it to hold better silicone bottles if you want..
most of the cons they had were related to the bottles and the squonk system. dean's bottle made of 2 materials with the soft squishy square portion in the center is apparently a 2 piece bottle (the bottom is like a cap or plug that you can remove) and it was leaking from the seam.

Fluxxxtasy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
most of the cons they had were related to the bottles and the squonk system. dean's bottle made of 2 materials with the soft squishy square portion in the center is apparently a 2 piece bottle (the bottom is like a cap or plug that you can remove) and it was leaking from the seam.
yea those bottles arent the best. but its easy to cut the metal tube and use with better silicone bottles. but the gbox has the same metal tube situation, with even worse bottles...

Fluxxxtasy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
both mods have pros and cons, i would just wait and save money for the 20700 Squonk mod powered by the DNA250c chip from boxermod

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless you want to wait and spend big on a potential high end later, just get a Gbox 200 now. I'm getting 2 days from the cells and 2x8ml bottles a day. It works, it's fairly cheap, it uses good ol' 18650 cells, and done.

VU Sponsors