Become a Patron!

Looking for Single 18650 or 26650 MOD

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
Hi
This request might sound strange, but I went through plenty mod reviews and have difficulty finding the target device.
requirements.
Must accommodate at least up to 25 mm tanks, be more or less sturdy, as less plastic as possible, meaning not flimsy, since it would be a single battery, the smaller it is, the better. And definitely, the newer, the better.
It must have all usual perks like TC control, fool protections, etc.

I just looking for something what I don't have (I accumulated too many small tanks), so I have already: Eleaf Pico 25 mm, planning to to get GeekVape Aegis 100 watt.

I checked already Smok AL 85, to many complains about quality and battery life (uses batteries very fast), Wismec Sinuous P80 reported to be flimsy and other quality issues.

Keeping an eye on new Sigelei E1 Mod, I wish it had more features.
Vaporesso Nebula looks promising, but it is designed for 22 mm tanks and uneven top surface might prevent 25 mm tanks complete fit, I wish anyone mentioned this question in reviews, but did not see anything (if it fit 25 mm, search is over).

Maybe I missed to mention a few more mods, spent too much time already, searching.

Any advises would be greatly appreciated.

Appreciate in advance for help.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi
This request might sound strange, but I went through plenty mod reviews and have difficulty finding the target device.
requirements.
Must accommodate at least up to 25 mm tanks, be more or less sturdy, as less plastic as possible, meaning not flimsy, since it would be a single battery, the smaller it is, the better. And definitely, the newer, the better.

I just looking for something what I don't have (I accumulated too many small tanks), so I have already: Eleaf Pico 25 mm, planning to to get GeekVape Aegis 100 watt.

I checked already Smok AL 85, to many complains about quality and battery life (uses batteries very fast), Wismec Sinuous P80 reported to be flimsy and other quality issues.

Vaporesso Nebula looks promising, but it is designed for 22 mm tanks and uneven top surface might prevent 25 mm tanks complete fit, I wish anyone mentioned this question in reviews, but did not see anything (if it fit 25 mm, search is over).

Maybe I missed to mention a few more mods, spent too much time already, searching.

What's your budget?

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
Shopping card indeed empty, LOL

Budget, under $100. Ready to pay for quality, but Germans are too expensive.
I still have old SIgelei 30 watt and 50 watt Power mods only - still working, almost like new.. My Smok G priv is good as well. So not all those brand models are crap.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi
requirements.

Checkout the new Colossal from Asmodus. It's basically half of a Minikin V2 or a single 18650 Minikin V2. I did a full review on it and it was quite impressive. One of my personal favs in the single 18650 category. Don't let the name fool you, the only thing Colossal about it is the performance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Shopping card indeed empty, LOL

Budget, under $100. Ready to pay for quality, but Germans are too expensive.
I still have old SIgelei 30 watt and 50 watt Power mods only - still working, almost like new.. My Smok G priv is good as well. So not all those brand models are crap.
I do like my Hotcig DX75, running on a 26650 battery, with a DNA board. In addition, I also like the Hohm Slice a lot, due to having the ability to have TC with Kanthal coil/s. Actually, I utilize the Hohm Slice more often. It also uses a 26650 battery. FYI, the difference between the two models of the Slice, is the internal (USB) charging. The "Limited Edition" is capable of charging at a higher Ampere than the regular. In other words, the "Limited Edition" charges faster. However, I still recommend, utilizing a separate charger, and at least one additional battery.
Both mods can be used with the 25 mm attys.

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
Checkout the new Colossal from Asmodus. It's basically half of a Minikin V2 or a single 18650 Minikin V2. I did a full review on it and it was quite impressive. One of my personal favs in the single 18650 category. Don't let the name fool you, the only thing Colossal about it is the performance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Everything looks nice here, except for the touch screen. I don't believe in the longevity of this device. Judging from owning Smok G Priv, where touch screen is loosing sensitivity over time (all things tend to fall, so it could the case). It is a nice toy to play with, that is for sure.

I do like my Hotcig DX75, running on a 26650 battery, with a DNA board. In addition, I also like the Hohm Slice a lot, due to having the ability to have TC with Kanthal coil/s. Actually, I utilize the Hohm Slice more often. It also uses a 26650 battery. FYI, the difference between the two models of the Slice, is the internal (USB) charging. The "Limited Edition" is capable of charging at a higher Ampere than the regular. In other words, the "Limited Edition" charges faster. However, I still recommend, utilizing a separate charger, and at least one additional battery.
Both mods can be used with the 25 mm attys.

Is Hohm Slice made from plastic, because it seems to be so. If it is, how sturdy it is? I like Kanthal TC option among other features.

I never used USB charging on any of my devices, always external at 0.5 Amp. I use the rule of 3 battery sets (married of course) - first set in use, second is charging and the third is ready to use.
Don't have any 26650 batteries yet, but once I get the MODs (seems to be both will be using 26650s), will get 6 batteries, most likely Ijoy 26650.

Thanks for replies folks.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Everything looks nice here, except for the touch screen. I don't believe in the longevity of this device. Judging from owning Smok G Priv, where touch screen is loosing sensitivity over time (all things tend to fall, so it could the case). It is a nice toy to play with, that is for sure.

Is Hohm Slice made from plastic, because it seems to be so. If it is, how sturdy it is? I like Kanthal TC option among other features.

I never used USB charging on any of my devices, always external at 0.5 Amp. I use the rule of 3 battery sets (married of course) - first set in use, second is charging and the third is ready to use.
Don't have any 26650 batteries yet, but once I get the MODs (seems to be both will be using 26650s), will get 6 batteries, most likely Ijoy 26650.

Thanks for replies folks.
I'm not sure, what the Hohm Slice is made of, but it is very sturdy. I'm using a certain way of positioning the batteriy's strap, in order to avoid the problem, that others complained about, with a wobble/loose "door". However, out of my three Slice mods, that I bought, the one mod, that I'm using most frequent (for two + years), lost some of the color coating. It still works as designed though!
Regarding the batteries, I'm also utilizing 3 Basen 26650 with 4500 mAh myself.

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
On the other thought, Slice paint issue is an ugly one. Need more time for Colossal investigation.

This video is very helpful in decision making

Unless I find more cons, looks like Asmodus slowly becoming a winner. Don't like all plastic design, would prefer magnetic door. So still contemplating.

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure, what the Hohm Slice is made of, but it is very sturdy. I'm using a certain way of positioning the batteriy's strap, in order to avoid the problem, that others complained about, with a wobble/loose "door". However, out of my three Slice mods, that I bought, the one mod, that I'm using most frequent (for two + years), lost some of the color coating. It still works as designed though!
Regarding the batteries, I'm also utilizing 3 Basen 26650 with 4500 mAh myself.

I checked Slice reviews here in this forum, they have very nasty examples (paint issue). Asmodus also a smaller device, or at least it seems so. I am not much in TC vaping, more old style, Power vaping, might flip back and forth with SS coils.

Thanks again to both of you for suggestions, will weight pros and cons once more.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I checked Slice reviews here in this forum, they have very nasty examples (paint issue). Asmodus also a smaller device, or at least it seems so. I am not much in TC vaping, more old style, Power vaping, might flip back and forth with SS coils.

Thanks again to both of you for suggestions, will weight pros and cons once more.
I don't care that much about the paint, as long, as the mod works as expected, which it does. However, if the paint does bother me, I can get a wrap/skin for the mod.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I checked for sleeves - those do not exist for Slice, what a bummer.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'll check on my resources. I'll get back to you, if I can find something.

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'll check on my resources. I'll get back to you, if I can find something.

Really appreciate. Asmodus lucks lock screen with enabled fire button - big minus. If it locks the screen it disables everything. so it is still a toy for now.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:facepalm:
Doh!

http://www.vaporcube.com/h-slice-ho...ature-control-box-mod-le-limited-edition.html

On the paint issue, by the time the paint is starting to have issues you will be in love with the mod and not care. A face only a mother could love.

I put a $10 wrap on mone and a couple years later one of the edges is just starting to come up.

Reason I suggested the 2a charge model is you may want to throw it on charge while at work mid day. Why not 2a charge.
I agree charging externally is better but it is single cell so there are no issues, multi cell, don't charge in the mod.

Last edited:

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
:facepalm:
Doh!

http://www.vaporcube.com/h-slice-ho...ature-control-box-mod-le-limited-edition.html

On the paint issue, by the time the paint is starting to have issues you will be in love with the mod and not care. A face only a mother could love.

I put a $10 wrap on mone and a couple years later one of the edges is just starting to come up.

Reason I suggested the 2a charge model is you may want to throw it on charge while at work mid day. Why not 2a charge.
I agree charging externally is better but it is single cell so there are no issues, multi cell, don't charge in the mod.

I noticed some reviewers complained about paint coming out much faster than they fall in love with the mod, LOL.

How to wrap a device, never checked this route. That could be a game changer. I can not easily discard Slice due to its versatility. Any link to youtube would be nice.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://www.vaporskinz.com/collections/ecig-vapor-skins-decals-wraps
Pick a skin, pick color, pick hohm slice 101w mod.
There are little better skins but they are the same price as the mod lol.
I think they have videos on their site or just search vaporskinz in youtube.

I didn't have an issue with vaporcube, some people did when the mod got really popular and they ran sales, just couldn't get orders out right and didn't seem like good customer service. But my experience was different and you usually hear loudest from the ones that had an issue.
I don't know of the raindropvape.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just clicked your link, I'd order 2 from vaporcube for the same price.

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
https://www.vaporskinz.com/collections/ecig-vapor-skins-decals-wraps
Pick a skin, pick color, pick hohm slice 101w mod.
There are little better skins but they are the same price as the mod lol.
I think they have videos on their site or just search vaporskinz in youtube.

I didn't have an issue with vaporcube, some people did when the mod got really popular and they ran sales, just couldn't get orders out right and didn't seem like good customer service. But my experience was different and you usually hear loudest from the ones that had an issue.
I don't know of the raindropvape.
This wrap site is the savior

Just clicked your link, I'd order 2 from vaporcube for the same price.

Cube has it for 69.99 and raindrop for 52.95?! WTF, where you can see 2 for 1?

VU Sponsors