Become a Patron!

Looking for suggestions on my blackberry milk shake recipie.

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any Additions and or % adjustments? IMG_20170315_162819.jpg

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've never tried it but I know a lot of people use malt or malted milk when they make milkshake stuff

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never tried it but I know a lot of people use malt or malted milk when they make milkshake stuff

Good info! Thanks I do have malted milk. Same Percentage? Or?

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Everyones taste buds are different, if it tastes good too you, you're golden....!
I know that lol I'm looking for something that has worked for someone else. For a different starting point

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good info! Thanks I do have malted milk. Same Percentage? Or?
I really don't know. I think it is used with other flavors to give that malty taste. So I would probably keep your flavors just lower the vbic a little. I would probably start at 2% with the malt and work from there

Last edited:

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really don't know. I think it is used with other flavors to give that malty taste. So I would probably keep your flavors just lower the vbic a little. I would probably start at 2% with the malt and work from there

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Any Additions and or % adjustments? View attachment 76977

5% Dairy Milk is too high IMO, I only use 2% Dairy Milk + 4% TFA VBIC but it's more of an Ice Cream.
But I'd drop the Vienna & French Vanilla completely.
Although you may have to lower the Blackberry some if doing this.
I'd also lower the sweetener to 0.5-1%, but that's just me...

Just my guess for another idea.

?? TFA Blackberry (no idea how strong this is), (I use 1.5-2% FE Blackberry, from ECX or VZ-SC Blackberry)
7-8% NF Organic Malt (may need to go higher even)(only one that I think has an actual Malt taste)
1-2% TFA Malted Milk
1-2% TFA Dairy Milk
1-2% TFA VBIC

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
5% Dairy Milk is too high IMO, I only use 2% Dairy Milk + 4% TFA VBIC but it's more of an Ice Cream.
But I'd drop the Vienna & French Vanilla completely.
Although you may have to lower the Blackberry some if doing this.
I'd also lower the sweetener to 0.5-1%, but that's just me...

Just my guess for another idea.

?? TFA Blackberry (no idea how strong this is), (I use 1.5-2% FE Blackberry, from ECX or VZ-SC Blackberry)
7-8% NF Organic Malt (may need to go higher even)(only one that I think has an actual Malt taste)
1-2% TFA Malted Milk
1-2% TFA Dairy Milk
1-2% TFA VBIC
Really good info! I'll try it but could you explain what brands the blackberrys are that you use? I'm not familiar with those abreaveations ( spelling ) thanks by the way.. this is my first ice cream/ milkshake recipie. And actually the tfa blackberry is pretty strong. And kinda has a chemical taste to it. ( Could be cause I'm using too much ) thanks again!

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh and the 5 % dairy milk .. I got that idea from another milk shake recipie that looked good . Had everything but I changed the fruit to blackberry . Lol could have been that person's first go at it to so .. yes if you say the dairy milk is too high . I'll take your advice

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Really good info! I'll try it but could you explain what brands the blackberrys are that you use? I'm not familiar with those abreaveations ( spelling ) thanks by the way.. this is my first ice cream/ milkshake recipie. And actually the tfa blackberry is pretty strong. And kinda has a chemical taste to it. ( Could be cause I'm using too much ) thanks again!

FE Blackberry is Flavors Express brand from ECX.
Tastes the same as VZ-SC (Vaping Zone Super Concentrate) but cheaper.
Both are made in China BTW.

Most Blackberry flavors I've found to be quite strong, compared to most Blueberry flavors for example.
And yes, too much will taste perfumy, sometimes will diminish with longer steeping but not always.

VU Sponsors