Become a Patron!

Looking to start building.

Hi, I've been vaping for almost a year now and I love it I chain vape all day. I have a mvp 3.0 with a subtank mini and a istick 30 watt with the delta 2. I vape them both very often but I'm looking to get into cloud chasing. Honestly I don't really know where to begin. So I'm looking for a lot of advice and suggestions on what to get and where to get it . What's the best battery and type of coil build to produce a lot of vapor? I've researched before but there are legit so many options I get overwhelmed and have to stop lol. What are your builds and what should I start out with? I'm not trying to spend crazy money but maybe astound 150$? I'll thank you in advance.

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Start looking into 150w mechanical and mod boxes and look at different rdas. Mutation X V3 and V4, Plum Veil, Patriot, Freakshow are a few good cloud rdas. Watch Rip Trippers cloud chasing vidoes and coil building videos.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, first thing your gonna need is a couple of good chainsaws, a maul, a peevey.a come along and some Kanthal wire.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't rule out unregulated box mods. They force you to learn to build optimum coils for what you are looking for, instead of compensating with a variable wattage device. To me, it's a lot more fun. YMMV though.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, I've been vaping for almost a year now and I love it I chain vape all day. I have a mvp 3.0 with a subtank mini and a istick 30 watt with the delta 2. I vape them both very often but I'm looking to get into cloud chasing. Honestly I don't really know where to begin. So I'm looking for a lot of advice and suggestions on what to get and where to get it . What's the best battery and type of coil build to produce a lot of vapor? I've researched before but there are legit so many options I get overwhelmed and have to stop lol. What are your builds and what should I start out with? I'm not trying to spend crazy money but maybe astound 150$? I'll thank you in advance.
To be honest dude I'd get a chep mechanical mod, a cheap dripper...some top of the line batteries, and some kanthal and koh gen do cotton, and watch some videos on building...and work your way down slowly....learn what not to do before you start building blast furnace builds. and don't do anything with cloud chasing until you understand battery saftey. until then don't go building below .4 ohms.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

IMO you got some great advice from pulsevape. Just wanted to add a thought and ask a couple of questions.

Let's start with the questions. Do you want to cloud chase at home for fun or do you want to compete? Do you know how to figure out battery amp draw in mechanical mods and why it's important to know how to do that?

Rip Trippers made a couple of videos on cloud chasing basics I think he titled Cloud Chasing 101 part 1 and 2 or something like that. I would look them up and watch them.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why would he want to buy a cheap chinese junk clone when he has $150 to spend? There are some very nice authentic mods in the 100 price range that would not only be safer, but actually worth something if he decided to sell it later. I played with one of these the other day, and they are extremely nice.

But, we may all be wasting our breath. I think he's MIA

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why would he want to buy a cheap chinese junk clone when he has $150 to spend? There are some very nice authentic mods in the 100 price range that would not only be safer, but actually worth something if he decided to sell it later. I played with one of these the other day, and they are extremely nice.

But, we may all be wasting our breath. I think he's MIA
because he may find that he really doesn't want to cloud chase...the point is to get into building as cheap as possible and learn how to build...from there you can decide where you want to go....you may decide your after flavor or after clouds..or you may find you hate dripping because it's so inconvenient,and you want a tank...you may find building is to hard for you so you go back to sub ohms tanks , or you find it's too easy so you want to try a genny....the point is to try your hand at building and see if it suits you......personally I never saw the point of collecting all these unicorn mods and attys, just to go down to your local B&M and have some guy behind the counter do your builds for you......

VU Sponsors