Become a Patron!

Lorann oils?

He guys I want to start making my own juice because the stuff at the shop is getting to expensive I bought some vg and nicotine now I need flavor, so my question is can I use lorann flavoring for my juice, I've heard of people using it with no problem but I guess I need some reassurance for the experts thx

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You can, but there are much better flavorings available that taste way better. I know Lorann is easy to grab at hobby/craft shops, but there are some great vendors to get flavoring.

Bull City Vapor (BCV)
Mama J's Flavor Shop (though they're currently in relocation mode)
Ecigexpress (ECX)
many others, lol.

I use FlavourArt (FA), Capella (CAP), The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) and Inawera (INW).

Gonna move this over to the DIY section where you'll get lots of info. Welcome to VU!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They have some decent flavors especially if you get the ones without added food coloring like they sell at BCV and Wizard Labs. The little 1 dram bottles you can find locally are probably not your best bet however since those will most likely have the coloring added and probably cost more.

That said however, if you are anxious to start mixing, you can go that route but it takes a little more consideration of the contents in your flavor selections. It's your choice of course but my recommendation would be to pick a few recipes out that you like and buy the specific flavorings called for in those recipes from a reputable DIY vendor ( like Huck listed above ) initially. You can always buy more flavors later ... and trust me you will, repeatedly! :)

Right @Teresa P ? :D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They have some decent flavors especially if you get the ones without added food coloring like they sell at BCV and Wizard Labs. The little 1 dram bottles you can find locally are probably not your best bet however since those will most likely have the coloring added and probably cost more.

That said however, if you are anxious to start mixing, you can go that route but it takes a little more consideration of the contents in your flavor selections. It's your choice of course but my recommendation would be to pick a few recipes out that you like and buy the specific flavorings called for in those recipes from a reputable DIY vendor ( like Huck listed above ) initially. You can always buy more flavors later ... and trust me you will, repeatedly! :)

Right @Teresa P ? :D
What everyone else says. Of course.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just teasing you about your extensive flavor collection ... well, trying to anyway. :p
Oh, certainly no offense taken, it's true! Lol! And quite a few Lorann's, believe it or not. The good ones anyway. You might say I even have a bit of experience with them. About a year's worth.....;)
You're always good, Hazy....;):)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started mixing with those to begin with mainly because they were readily accessible. There are some duds of course but that's also true of any flavoring brand. I, of course, picked almost exclusively the duds at first. :eek:

Thanks T! :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thumbing through a site today and found a recipe that looked scrumptious, until I saw one of the primary ingredients was LA cherry....mmmm, no.....:confused:....lol!

fratervapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
so my question is can I use lorann flavoring for my juice, I've heard of people using it with no problem but I guess I need some reassurance

I assume you meant "oils" as a generic term for "flavoring" but the terms really aren't interchangeable in the DIY world. Oils are not safe to vape as others have pointed out.

AFAIK LorAnn [non-oil!] flavorings are as safe to use as any other company's although we are always well-advised to read the ingredient info. Some DIYers do not seem to hold the flavors themselves in the highest regard. I've only tried two so far: to my old tastebuds LA Lemonade was pretty danged good while LA Cheesecake tasted and smelled like the corpse of a syphilitic ferret was rotting in a bucket of lukewarm milk.

Your mileage may vary, but that's what small test batches are for. :)

VU Sponsors