Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Put it down and can't find it?
Leave it at Walmart?
It was in the car 10 minutes ago?
You know damn well it's in the house?
Forgot your bout it?

Share your funny or sometimes not so funny story if it's (I know...don't say it)....broken.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just last week was looking all over for my MOD last time I know I had it I thought was when I went to the garden to pick some vegetables. Looked in the garden, the backyard on the table, in the kitchen next to the PC and in the refrigerator. Found it the shed when I went for the clippers to pick some yard long beans I put it on the shelf!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
O M G !!!! My husband just gave me this! I must have given it to him to hold so I wouldn't sell it or give it away! Brand New! w00t!!!
So I DO have something for Labor Day! I was so stumped that it was missing. I didn't remember selling or giving it away. :sad:

Hotcig R150 2.jpg
Happy Happy Joy Joy.jpg

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've never lost a mod before but I have looked around the house for it a couple times before realizing it was in my hand

Guilty. Three to four times in my hand and endless times in my baggy comfy shorts or lounge pants pocket. I keep my phone in the other pocket so it's harder to feel the weight difference. :giggle: I won't bore you with my eye glasses fiascoes.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A couple years ago I set mine down on the hood of my wifes little pickup while I loaded some hay. I didn't lose it, I knew where it was. But, my wife didn't. She drove off with it. When I realized what happened I went in the house and got my spare. 15 minutes later, I decided to go see if it fell off somewhere. It wasn't in the driveway or at the end of the driveway. I hopped on my harley and drove down the road, nice and slow. I found it at the intersection a half mile down the road. It slid off when she stopped. It had been run over, the tank shattered. I took it home and put another tank on it. Bent but not broken,,,,,,,,,, much. It fired. The display screen was cracked but worked. It still took a charge. I used it for another year with the cracked screen, deep scratches, the body caved in on one side and the bottom bulged out.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A couple years ago I set mine down on the hood of my wifes little pickup while I loaded some hay. I didn't lose it, I knew where it was. But, my wife didn't. She drove off with it. When I realized what happened I went in the house and got my spare. 15 minutes later, I decided to go see if it fell off somewhere. It wasn't in the driveway or at the end of the driveway. I hopped on my harley and drove down the road, nice and slow. I found it at the intersection a half mile down the road. It slid off when she stopped. It had been run over, the tank shattered. I took it home and put another tank on it. Bent but not broken,,,,,,,,,, much. It fired. The display screen was cracked but worked. It still took a charge. I used it for another year with the cracked screen, deep scratches, the body caved in on one side and the bottom bulged out.
What mod was it?

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm constantly sitting mine down somewhere in the garage at work, start working on something or someone needs help then I forget where I sat it going into a nicotine withdrawal rage
IMG_0126.gif

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
It is a Hotcig R160 it says it right on the Wooden Box

I be darned. Hotcig did make a R160. There isn't much in a Google search. I can't even find HotCigs website. Apparently it's an improved version of the r1550. Mine came in the same box. Hmmm.

Oh....I'm still laughing. The atty was toast but the mod is now a twisted or tilt mod? Got pics? I gotta see this.

I've done that with my purse and a large soft drink. There was something else I drove off with that actually stayed on the roof of the car but can't remember. I must not have driven far for it not to fall off.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh....I'm still laughing. The atty was toast but the mod is now a twisted or tilt mod? Got pics? I gotta see this.
I've done that with my purse and a large soft drink. There was something else I drove off with that actually stayed on the roof of the car but can't remember. I must not have driven far for it not to fall off.

No pics, but coincidentally while getting stuff ready for camping I found it today. It still works. The 510 connector was wore out so I quit using it a couple years ago to vape with. I put a ego to 510 adapter on the ego connector(the original MVP had dual connector) and it works but the adapter makes a tank sit up high and it looks stupid. So, I kept it as a charging device for cell phone or my other mods(the MVP's have a usb port and switch for this purpose).

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I had a MVP3 with the same center pin issue. It lost it's springiness. I knew how amazing the battery was but after months of sitting there, looking nealy brand new, I found someone to fix it and just gave it to him. Yes. Keep it as a battery source for sure!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I have a picket fence, the posts are a few inches shorter than pickets. Couldn't find one of my mods for day and 1/2. Tore the couch apart, emptied my purse, and dug thru the car more than a couple of times each. 2nd day it winked at me thru bathroom window as the sun was setting. There it was on fence post. I had set it down to play with Em, my dog. I hadn't been vaping long & only had 2 mods/tanks, was an absolute basket case being stuck with just 1 set up.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've never actually lost a mod... but I have misplaced them a few times, setting them down in odd places -- not usually a big problem here at home, since I tend to mark out "setting things down" zones, in my own territory. But when we go up to do the housework for my stepfather, and I'm all over the house all day, cleaning stuff... gack, I've set that thing down and been unable to find it without calling in the Lost & Found Dept (my husband, with whom I share the chores) so many times. :facepalm: It has always turned up, but sometimes in very unexpected places. :D

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Painting the kitchen ceiling before in preparation to install a new ceiling fan I was vaping waiting to give a second coat and reached for my MOD on the counter. Where the Frack did it go? Was looking all over for it and I put on the shelf in the refrigerator when I grabbed a bottle of water! Really Steve?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Fridge is the 1st place I look for anything I can't find.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ever since this thread I seem to be misplacing my MOD more often. Making some Sauce today with lovely fresh Roma Tomatoes from the garden went for my MOD knowing I put it right next to me and it was gone! Checked the fridge first even though I did not remember going in it. No luck! Then needed a little more Oregano and there was my MOD in the spice cabinet! Can I say it's all @Ms. Trixy 's fault? :crazy:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ever since this thread I seem to be misplacing my MOD more often. Making some Sauce today with lovely fresh Roma Tomatoes from the garden went for my MOD knowing I put it right next to me and it was gone! Checked the fridge first even though I did not remember going in it. No luck! Then needed a little more Oregano and there was my MOD in the spice cabinet! Can I say it's all @Ms. Trixy 's fault? :crazy:

LOL! So sorry to make you lose your mod, Steve. :giggle:
I did it just yesterday. I was in the kitchen rinsing dishes and wiping down surfaces. I knew I brought a mod out with me but couldn't find it anywhere. After grabbing another rig, I looked in all of the room and even unusual places. I thought maybe I left it in my hubby's Jeep yesterday so I put my hand in my baggy short's pocket to take out my cell phone to call him. My mod was in my pocket the whole time. The weight didn't bother me because I typically keep my cell in my pocket when around the house. :crazy:

VU Sponsors