Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Triade DNA250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received my first DNA250 today. It's the Lost Vape Triade 250. I just walked in a few minutes ago and haven't even had a chance to put batteries in yet (they are still charging).

My first impression was this is really nice. For a triple 18650 mod it's pretty light and feel really good in hand. I went with the Purple Ostrich Leather option. I'm glad I did, it both looks great and feels great (my personal opinion). I also have the Red Ostrich Battery Cover on the way, should be here by the end of the week..

This is just an introduction since I haven't even used it yet. I wanted to make the thread to basically have a place to talk about the new chip. These are just some really quick pictures I took. I'll get better ones up in due time. :cheers:

The box before I took off the plastic wrap - it comes factory sealed.
IMG_20161011_184417.jpg

IMG_20161011_184618.jpg

IMG_20161011_185016.jpg

For this picture I used a flash. I think the Ostrich is darker to my eye. I'll get more/better pictures up.
IMG_20161011_184911.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very nice. I wonder if it is real Ostrich or stamped cowhide. Either way looks good.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow Steve, it's a beauty. Do you plan on charging the batteries in the mod? If so, any idea on how long it takes with the 2amp?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow Steve, it's a beauty. Do you plan on charging the batteries in the mod? If so, any idea on how long it takes with the 2amp?
Thank you, I appreciate that!

I'm probably going to charge in the mod. How long it would take would depend on the cells capacity and how discharged they are. I'm going to probably use Samsung 25R's (Green wrapper). Those are 2500mah - 27.75 WH. If I'm figuring this out correctly, the mod will charge at 5v at 2 amps or 10 watts. I'm thinking it should be able to charge completly discharged cells in 2.775 hours plus a little because it goes into trickle charge at the end. I'm thinking in real time it will probably be around 3 hours for worst case scenario of completely dead cells.

PS I don't plan on completely draining them. It depends on your soft-cell cutoff and how low you let them go before plugging in. One also has to have a 2amp source or all that is out the window :teehee:.

Cheers,
Steve

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HG2 is like 28.7WH not 33. 2 Amps in my Eluc takes half an hour to charge HG2's. Super fast. Do not plug that into a computer! It can blow the USB controller.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HG2 is like 28.7WH not 33. 2 Amps in my Eluc takes half an hour to charge HG2's. Super fast. Do not plug that into a computer! It can blow the USB controller.
1. Three HG2's are 33.3WH.
2. If an Eluc (I assume you mean Luc) can charge a 3000mah battery in a half hour it would have to be charging at 6 amps (I don't know of any of our chargers that charge at over 2 amps. At 2 amps it would take about 1.5 hours to charge an HG2 from dead.
3. You have to plug the mod into a PC to use Escribe. The mod will only draw what the PC can put out up to 2 amps. If it puts out .5 amps, that what it would charge at.
4. I don't charge my mods via the USB jack of a PC. I do plug them into a PC to use Escribe all the time without issue.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have blown controllers on the motherboard but I think newer computers have protection. You know what is going on here? These HG2's being barely 27WH and charging at 2 amps in half an hour. They are either bad or fake! These are not close to 33.3WH. Why they charge faster of course. I am sure a real, good HG2 is 33.3 and takes almost 2 hours at 2 amps. Yes. I meant Luc. I use a Pila but it can only charge at 1 amp so I am just using the efest chargers right now.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received my first DNA250 today. It's the Lost Vape Triade 250. I just walked in a few minutes ago and haven't even had a chance to put batteries in yet (they are still charging).

My first impression was this is really nice. For a triple 18650 mod it's pretty light and feel really good in hand. I went with the Purple Ostrich Leather option. I'm glad I did, it both looks great and feels great (my personal opinion). I also have the Red Ostrich Battery Cover on the way, should be here by the end of the week..

This is just an introduction since I haven't even used it yet. I wanted to make the thread to basically have a place to talk about the new chip. These are just some really quick pictures I took. I'll get better ones up in due time. :cheers:

The box before I took off the plastic wrap - it comes factory sealed.
View attachment 63699

View attachment 63700

View attachment 63702

For this picture I used a flash. I think the Ostrich is darker to my eye. I'll get more/better pictures up.
View attachment 63701

Cheers,
Steve
That is a beauty! I can't wait to see more picture of it, I was not tempted by the DNA 250 but seeing this does make me tempted.

The 2A charging is a great feature-I don't charge any of my mods (Apart from my Li-Po powered mods) via USB, and use an external charger, but with the 2A charging I feel I would be able to as it should not take too long.

I realise I may have my W/H settings wrong for my Wismec DNA200 reading your later post in this thread, as I am sure my W/H's are set to around 22 in Escribe, not 27.75. Am I correct in thinking this only affects the battery meters accuracy though, or is that only a battery CSV, or both? I can never remember that one in all honesty.

Also @BoostAddict, that is gorgeous too! I didn't want to buy any more mods for a while, but think I may have to make an exception here!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As you can see i am not the one that stole the Ostrich:D

roflmfao.jpg

Now that was way too funny :teehee::giggle::devil:

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The pic above the Black/Brown cover is the Coffee. The black is the Elephant.

They are OEM doors and shipped in a LV box. Very nice quality :cheers:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The black looks like crock or alli. It is not legal anywhere to kill an Elephant if I read that right. Furthermore I am sure these are all embossed cowhide. As cows cost nearly nothing and just a byproduct of slaughter. There is no way these are real exotic skins. to give you an idea a good alligator or Ostrich wallet is at least $600 and can be a few grand. It still looks very nice. I noticed from all the ones I have seen this leather is "cured". Smart because it can obviously get juice on it. So no need to get a $35 can of hide food. In fact I have a few super cars and never even do the leather but the detail shop might and I don't know. Good conditioner is not like Armorall. You do not even know it was applied. In this case though being cured it could leave a residue that is sticky and ugly. I say just leave these covers be. They seem to be very durable but a few folks had them wear right away. Maybe just hand funk.

To me the DNA is much better than a $300 YiHi which is absurd IMO. I would say this is now the best non custom mod. No Lipo is a big deal. I am sure there will be lemons but these should last if you take care of them.

I have a question though: do the batteries go in much easier than the 200? If so I am getting this after all. I see prices as low as $119 but can take long to ship. It looks if you want it in a few days the lowest is about $149?

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The black looks like crock or alli. It is not legal anywhere to kill an Elephant if I read that right. Furthermore I am sure these are all embossed cowhide. As cows cost nearly nothing and just a byproduct of slaughter. There is no way these are real exotic skins. to give you an idea a good alligator or Ostrich wallet is at least $600 and can be a few grand. It still looks very nice. I noticed from all the ones I have seen this leather is "cured". Smart because it can obviously get juice on it. So no need to get a $35 can of hide food. In fact I have a few super cars and never even do the leather but the detail shop might and I don't know. Good conditioner is not like Armorall. You do not even know it was applied. In this case though being cured it could leave a residue that is sticky and ugly. I say just leave these covers be. They seem to be very durable but a few folks had them wear right away. Maybe just hand funk.

To me the DNA is much better than a $300 YiHi which is absurd IMO. I would say this is now the best non custom mod. No Lipo is a big deal. I am sure there will be lemons but these should last if you take care of them.

I have a question though: do the batteries go in much easier than the 200? If so I am getting this after all. I see prices as low as $119 but can take long to ship. It looks if you want it in a few days the lowest is about $149?

Yes.. Maybe a little tighter than a rx200, but they slide right in. 100% better design than the Triade 200.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Not to get off topic, but a couple of things. First elephants are legal to hunt in many places. In places like Botswana and Tanzania, the money collected from licenses actually goes towards funding anti poaching.

Second, ostrich leather is actually cheaper(in most cases) than alligator leather (which is quite cheap for the grade used in items like this). Can they be more expensive? Absolutely. But the bags that cost 65k in ostrich are 1. Overpriced 2. A special type and cut of ostrich 3. Cured in an expensive process to make the leather more "exotic" 4. Overpriced

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't see any actual reason for someone that already has the Triade 200 to get the the 250 instead.
Extra 50W that I don't need, no rings in battery chamber, new battery covers, so nothing to write home about.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't see any actual reason for someone that already has the Triade 200 to get the the 250 instead.
Extra 50W that I don't need, no rings in battery chamber, new battery covers, so nothing to write home about.
I wouldn't get it for the extra 50 watts, but reverse battery protection built in, combined with 2 amp charging is very nice for a mod that uses 18650's and no daughter board (when using the DNA200 chip). The 50 watts is just an added bonus, it's the previous two things that are the main selling points imo. Then again I didn't have a Triade 200.

Cheers,
Steve

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I do have the 200, never charge in the device and have no issues with the physical reverse battery protection (the rings), so no go for me.

Wouldn't mind one of those new battery covers, not the ostrich though.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I do have the 200, never charge in the device and have no issues with the physical reverse battery protection (the rings), so no go for me.

Wouldn't mind one of those new battery covers, not the ostrich though.
If your happy with what you have then you shouldn't buy the Triade 250. I was never telling you or anybody else for that matter that they should buy it. I however personally am glad I waited and bought the Triade 250. It seems to have taken care of the few complaints some had with the 200.

The Ostrich is nice by the way. I've heard some mention that the Leather they received on the 200 was dry and needed conditioning. On top of that I've read some say that juice stains the leather.. With the Ostrich it doesn't need conditioning and stuff (juice, condensation) wipes right off easy as pie. All in all I'm extremely happy with this purchase. It's a very nice mod and works great! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. Might have to pick that one up, though now that I think about it, my red cover has basically turned black with use, so I'm not sure if it would give it much of a different look. :confused:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer justthatip competition model. Great.They lowered their prices but still $28. Do the 250 covers fit the 200? The leather is fine. It is coated so i personally have no problem soaking it with juice. As i said no need to condition coated leather. The springs got a lot looser. I do not need 50 more watts. I may take out the rings but have to be very careful then.

I did not know Elephant hunt was legal in Africa, I stand corrected. I gues the problem is poaching. Still, I doubt that is real exotic skins just because it is cheap Chinese stuff. It looks fine though. It could be, I don't honestly know. Alligator is the most expensive, then Croc, Then Ostrich. I doubt it is Elephant either. I am sure that is pricey but again I don't really know.

I like the Atty to fit in the middle so not more than 23MM for me on this. It will fit 30M fine though which the Wismec will not.

Right now I guess I do not have a need for the 250. It loosened up enough that it does not rip wrappers which would be my only reason.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was wondering and sorry if this has already been asked... Does adding 50w really warrant a whole new board? Isn't that something that could have been done with an update? I just can't see many people clamoring to update their DNA200's...

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering and sorry if this has already been asked... Does adding 50w really warrant a whole new board? Isn't that something that could have been done with an update? I just can't see many people clamoring to update their DNA200's...
the chip sets the limit with dna devices

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have seen others mention that the 250 chip allows 2 Amp charging which is a feature that will benefit many people.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought 2amp charging benefits Lipo mods?? What's the point of the 2 amp charging in the chip if you take ur batteries out?! Is evolve suggesting that it's faster to charge ur batteries via USB?

Take ur meds NARCIS

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought 2amp charging benefits Lipo mods?? What's the point of the 2 amp charging in the chip if you take ur batteries out?! Is evolve suggesting that it's faster to charge ur batteries via USB?

Take ur meds NARCIS
The 2 amp charging is on all the DNA250 boards whether it uses a 3s Lipo or 18650's. It's an added benefit if you want to charge on-board no matter what your battery source. I would agree that it would be more beneficial if you are using a Lipo since for the most part they are a PITA to remove to charge separately. But it does come in handy in either scenario.

Cheers,
Steve

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you use a battery sled/Balancer and a Duratrax Onyx Charger you can charge 6 Cells at 7A

VU Sponsors