Become a Patron!

Low water and low resistance, help understanding

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I'd love to buy this AL85 85 watter being that it's slim in size and put a rebuildable sub tank on it and vape at about .2 ohms. That should hit good right? 85 watts should be enough?

I have .13 on my Mason/rx200 at 90 watts right now and it's doing enough.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I'd love to buy this AL85 85 watter being that it's slim in size and put a rebuildable sub tank on it and vape at about .2 ohms. That should hit good right? 85 watts should be enough?

If you're going to run at around .2 ohms I'd get a dual battery mod. You don't want to run a single battery mod at 85 watts. You'll go through 3-5 batteries a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

85watts on a single battery mod is unrealistic, as on average to stay safe, 20amp CDR battery 60watts max per battery, 25amp CDR battery 75watts max per battery, 30amp CDR battery 90watts max per battery.

Watts/3.2v/90%=Amps for a single battery mod

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
85watts on a single battery mod is unrealistic, as on average to stay safe, 20amp CDR battery 60watts max per battery, 25amp CDR battery 75watts max per battery, 30amp CDR battery 90watts max per battery.

Watts/3.2v/90%=Amps for a single battery mod

So the AL85 " baby alien " is not a good mod to buy?
The other member said to buy a dual battery mod, I just want something slim in size
in the same size as the AL85 so its not to big and can fit into my pocket at work and can handle sub ohm coils

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you're going to run at around .2 ohms I'd get a dual battery mod. You don't want to run a single battery mod at 85 watts. You'll go through 3-5 batteries a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Do you know of any good affordable mods that look like the AL85 in size and style that are dual battery mods?
I want it to be able to fit in my pocket properly without being wayhuge, I dont need anything the size of the RX200 .
Thank you!!!!!!

Attachments

• kindvape.jpg
    kindvape.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want something the size of an alien you should get the alien.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The biggest crap you are facing is the SMOK TFV-XX style tanks (TFV8, the new TFV12, etc). Don't get me wrong, SMOK make some excellent devices, mod wise that is, its their recent generations of sub-ohm tanks that are the problem, namely in the coil heads for those tanks and the power requirements to make them function. The Baby Beast tanks are a somewhat exception to the rule as they function just as fine in the median watts range (50 to 90watts) where their other tanks need massive power in the 100+ watts range, so you have a trade off of power needed at the sacrifice of battery efficiency and safety if you are not careful and pay attention. If you need to run your tank at 75+ watts and the tank is your preferred tank, you yourself need to balance the size or type of mod to power that with a small and compact design as well as ample power to get the job done.

An analogy and question to make you think about this.

You buy a highly expensive, performance designed super-car that can do 200mph.
What happens to that expensive car if you drive around from home to work every day red-lining it to the maximum speed it can do, what are you doing to the motor/engine?

The motor of a vaping device is battery(ies) and the mod control board, stress them constantly at maximum performance eventually like the super-car motor above the motor is going to destroy itself from the abuse. (Mod control board is added in if you take into account how much system maintenance a PC gamer does with a super over-clocked motherboard and graphics card, the boards wear out from all the heat and stress maxing them out does.)

In the above analogy is the balance point of when you need another battery in the battery circuit, if you are needing to run that Baby Beast and 70ish plus watts, there me personally I switch to a dual or triple battery device, each battery decreases stress on all the batteries together.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some of the smallest dual 18650 Mods I have used are the IPV Vesta, Laissimo Wyvern, Smok Alien, Wismec Predator, Smoant Battlestar and Cuboid Tap. I've done full reviews on all of them in the review section. Out of the ones I listed the Wyvern, Vesta, and Battlestar are my favorites

Ipv Vesta
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/314906/

Laisimo Wyvern Review
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/326219/

Smoant Battlestar Mod
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/317231/

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors