Become a Patron!

Lower ohm then written on pakkage

JosCiv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi all,

I recently bought a Dead Rabbit RDA and Mad Dog RDA and they are both great but I noticed that when I build those two RDA I used Clapton 0.85 on them and they were both off. What I mean by that is that the ohm that was written on the pakkage (0.85) was not the same with the build I made (0.32)... Is this normal?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Leg length and other factors can make the ohms register higher or lower than the stated ohms on a coil

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 0.85 is per coil which in parallel would be 0.42 and like Lucy stated other factors are like leg length plus the atty and mod itself. One large factor is the accuracy of the Mod or Ohm reader.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Another common mistake by certain manufacturers (usually the cheap Chinese ones) are that they list the resistance based on the entire coil length as shipped. So if they use a total of 10cm for a coil, that's what they base the resistance on. But, once installed, you'll most likely snip off around 0.5-1.0cm of each lead. Some even more than that. This will definitely be lower than the stated resistance on the package. It's a potentially dangerous way to label coils.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another common mistake by certain manufacturers (usually the cheap Chinese ones) are that they list the resistance based on the entire coil length as shipped. So if they use a total of 10cm for a coil, that's what they base the resistance on. But, once installed, you'll most likely snip off around 0.5-1.0cm of each lead. Some even more than that. This will definitely be lower than the stated resistance on the package. It's a potentially dangerous way to label coils.
Yep

IMO it's best to avoid cheap Chinese coils, that also extends to cheap Chinese wire. The bottom line is you can't trust the quality or how they label.

JosCiv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmm interesting thanks! Oh and just to be sure is dangerous/bad that it is lower or not?

VU Sponsors