Become a Patron!

Lower wattage, longer batttery, yes?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. On a regulated device, I can simply press up/down to get the wattage I want.

On the mech, you have to build a coil to draw that wattage. I am currently using a 0.5 ohm for 35 watts, although it may be a bit less, as it doesn't seem like 35, more around 30.

Anyway, does this mean, say i build a 0.7 for around 25 watts, the battery will last longer than for this build? I am only using the mech for single coil, 0.5-0.8 builds at the moment, low wattage stuff, but would a 0.7, as it is pulling less from the battery, last longer than say a 0.3, which is pulling 14 amps, whereas the 0.7 is pulling about 6?

Thanks people. I guess I am pulling the batteries at the right time, as vapour gets less dense, and I put them in the charger and they charge quite quickly. sometimes its already on the Second light of the 3 (I have a nitecore I2, I may get a D2 due to the screen and information it offers. I Bought the I2 without looking properly, and wished I bought the D2 for an extra £3, it was on the next page, but I bought the first good one I saw. Impulse is an area that has been damaged during my brain damage, so I am quicker to do things, such as purchase, than other people.

I have realised this and now look through all the stock before buying something, I realised that in the first few weeks of vaping lol.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi people. On a regulated device, I can simply press up/down to get the wattage I want.

On the mech, you have to build a coil to draw that wattage. I am currently using a 0.5 ohm for 35 watts, although it may be a bit less, as it doesn't seem like 35, more around 30.
Probable voltage sag... along with battery condition and quality and mod conductivity, internal resistance. Click the last sigline hyperlink below.

Anyway, does this mean, say i build a 0.7 for around 25 watts, the battery will last longer than for this build?
A bit longer, yes.

I am only using the mech for single coil, 0.5-0.8 builds at the moment, low wattage stuff, but would a 0.7, as it is pulling less from the battery, last longer than say a 0.3, which is pulling 14 amps, whereas the 0.7 is pulling about 6?
All yes.

Thanks people. I guess I am pulling the batteries at the right time, as vapour gets less dense, and I put them in the charger and they charge quite quickly. sometimes its already on the Second light of the 3 (I have a nitecore I2, I may get a D2 due to the screen and information it offers. I Bought the I2 without looking properly, and wished I bought the D2 for an extra £3, it was on the next page, but I bought the first good one I saw. Impulse is an area that has been damaged during my brain damage, so I am quicker to do things, such as purchase, than other people.
I find that an 18650 used with a 0.35Ω dripper will drop off in performance, for me at least, at around 3.5~3.6V.

I have realised this and now look through all the stock before buying something, I realised that in the first few weeks of vaping lol.
All good to go.

VU Sponsors