Become a Patron!

Made 30ml recipe but came out to little over 25mls?

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I made a few 30ml bottles with recipe and both came out to little over 25mls? What's the deal?

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How did you calculate your mix? I use ejuice me up and they have came out fine. Also depends on bunch of things. How your mixing them to what products you use to the equipment used to mix with. Just started myself but don't think anyone can answer your question how it is posted. Need a lot more information to be able to help out.

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
E juice calculator and e liquid calculator app.......100mg nic final to 8mg.....used 100vg only no pg.....10% flavor.....1% sweetener..... tells me the final and that's it

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
E juice calculator and e liquid calculator app.......100mg nic final to 8mg.....used 100vg only no pg.....10% flavor.....1% sweetener..... tells me the final and that's it
How to you mix it again drops or? did you use a dropper?

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dropped the smaller drop count like 10drops for sweetener and 60 for nice then added the mils to a beaker

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're mixing by weight, you need to program the weights of your fluids into your calculator.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mil and drops on nic
Its the drop not all drops are the same it depends on your dropper.. If you notice for example you have a flavor I will radombly pick on FA tiramisu for example puts out very smal drops once you add these up the total is never accurate.. To get the most consisent mix usin drops by a dropper or usethat has a rubber end and actually open your flavors to use the same drop size.. sadly a drop is not a drop.. Make sense?

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I put in what the calculation was.....sweetener was 8 drops so dropped out of the bottle it came in....nic was 2.4ml and stuff like that so I followed what it said

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was just gonna say the same and also gonna have residual left in beaker. I mix straight in the bottle but again just started myself...

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I understand but I'm sure there wasn't 4ml left behind....I dripped everything out of that stuff

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I dropped from the 30ml bottles they came in.....60 drops or less but 2nd bottle I dropped into beaker at the ml it said and came out the same

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I understand but made 2 different bottles and on 2nd poured the ml it said into beaker and still as short as first bottle

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dropped from the 30ml bottles they came in.....60 drops or less but 2nd bottle I dropped into beaker at the ml it said and came out the same
I would just add more vg this time and next timeif you can measure out your nic with a syringe. Not gonna hurt you diluting it with only a couple mls.

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So what should I do? Just add the missing with vg? Or pg and knock it down some? Just not sure what to do on next bottle after this

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand but made 2 different bottles and on 2nd poured the ml it said into beaker and still as short as first bottle
Oh sorry didn't now that. Could you give me the recipe that your using and Ill put it in my calculator to see what it comes up with. May help. not sure.

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what should I do? Just add the missing with vg? Or pg and knock it down some? Just not sure what to do on next bottle after this
Yeah add vg to it since you are using 100% vg. itll just lessen the nic a little and flavor should be fine if drops used were accurate.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Next time do this either use a real dropper a glass dropper with a bulb and use this dropper for the flavors and the PG , NIC and VG .. this is the only way with the drop method to get as close as possible .. so given a basic calculation of 600 drops total for 30ml you are 80 drops short

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
100mg nic to final 8mg
100vg
10% flavor
1% sweetener
30ml bottle

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok figured the ejuice me up keep coming up with an error saying your mix had too much pg for what your trying by actually 2.4 ml....

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
To much? Lol I'm confused now lol......OK I want 100%vg 30ml and then I know it won't be 100% after I add the nic,flavor and sweetener. So I have 100mg nic wanting down to 8mg then want 1% sweetener and 10% flavor so what should that be?

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK so how did you get the 26.7 vg? And thank you for helping me as I am a newbie

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mix as follows..
2.4 nic 48 drops
24.3 vg 486 drops
3 flavor 60 drops
.3 sweetener 6 drops.

also ejuice me up is really good program you can find on web its free and downloads easily...

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah that program does not work on windows 10 and you said 26.7vg above and now back down to 24.3? How did you get the 26.7

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that program does not work on windows 10 and you said 26.7vg above and now back down to 24.3? How did you get the 26.7
That was from the errored version. ejuice tells you it won't work but still shows the equations. I am using windows 10 myself...

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it was putting it up to make the 3/97 mix you want.....
I just want to jump in and suggest you always use a syringe or weigh to measure nicotine - drops are wildly inaccurate for something as potent as nic!
Agree 100 percent....

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK so I have 4mls left I need,so what should I do? Add either vg or pg and thus will mess up my final nic MG ?

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
E juice me up for it doesn't work....says I need some framework stuff and have it all

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Assuming your nic was accurately measured for a 30ml bottle, just add VG to bring the total mix up to 30ml!

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK I can do that but what calculator should I use then? And not going to do the only vg from now on....I'll do a 80/20

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK I can do that but what calculator should I use then? And not going to do the only vg from now on....I'll do a 80/20
Ejuice me up is a popular calculator. But if you're using drops for flavoring, remember that you have to change the default (I forget but it's set at something like 20 drops/ml). Do get a syringe for measuring your nic - they're cheap!

VU Sponsors