Become a Patron!

Made 30ml recipe but came out to little over 25mls?

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I dropped nic into beaker and I tried the framework stuff but didn't work, you have a link for the framework download? Maybe mine is corrupt

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't know how to update the .net framework you can use your smart phone if you have one. Vaporcalc is a pretty good program as well.

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I have that also....I'll double check on next bottle so I don't get all confused again.....thank you guys alot

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well this started out shitty lol first time making juice and got first order today and liquid was leaking all over in bag so yeah lol hasn't been fun

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well this started out shitty lol first time making juice and got first order today and liquid was leaking all over in bag so yeah lol hasn't been fun
I hear ya man. By the way using 100mg per mil of nic can be dangerous....you are using safety gear aren't you?

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's was in a 30ml bottle and put on gloves and dripping into beaker

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya man. By the way using 100mg per mil of nic can be dangerous....you are using safety gear aren't you?
It's really not that dangerous, assuming you a) aren't an idiot, b) don't have it anywhere kids/pets. I mix next to my sink, or sometimes in my sink if I'm pouring from a liter bottle into smaller bottles. I'm only talking about 100mg/ml, of course, nothing higher! If I get any on my hands I just wash it right off. YOu do, however, want to measure it accurately to avoid nic sickness (which is unpleasant) LOL

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah.....I did some reading first and was careful and thank you for letting me know also

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dropped from the 30ml bottles they came in.....60 drops or less but 2nd bottle I dropped into beaker at the ml it said and came out the same

Did I miss you telling us what your drop size is? Will you using the fine advice contained in post #24?

For instance, I believe e-juice me up's default drop size is 20 drops per ml. Some of my flavor bottle tips drip 30 or 60 drops per ml.

If I'm mixing by drops with 3 different flavors that have 3 different tips/drop sizes, I have to re-calculate e-juice me up 3 times to get the correct # of drops.

Ron
---
" Bring us a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. And then bring one every ten minutes."-Thornton Melon

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just added vg to these bottles and next batch I will make sure I get it right or ask first lol

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just added vg to these bottles and next batch I will make sure I get it right or ask first lol

Yes! Please ask!

Everybody here wants you to make juice you enjoy.

Even without a scale, it's not too tough to determine what drip size is coming out of a bottle.

Ron
---
"The road can be hard on a kid if he's not careful."- Bill Haley

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've also noticed using e juice me up will not allow me to put in 100% for my VG target. Other calculators will automatically make the adjustment as to what percentage of vg you will have after adding your flavors and nic but e juice me up doesn't. So if I enter 100 for vg to try to get the max vg for the recipe I'm making I will actually get negative numbers in the PG column. If you aren't looking at that column it would be fairly easy to miss. That along with varying sizes in droppers could easily put you under 30 ml in the end of the mix.

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK thx and will for sure double check before pouring a drop in next bottle

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I've also noticed using e juice me up will not allow me to put in 100% for my VG target. Other calculators will automatically make the adjustment as to what percentage of vg you will have after adding your flavors and nic but e juice me up doesn't. So if I enter 100 for vg to try to get the max vg for the recipe I'm making I will actually get negative numbers in the PG column. If you aren't looking at that column it would be fairly easy to miss. That along with varying sizes in droppers could easily put you under 30 ml in the end of the mix.
You literally CANNOT have 100% VG. It is impossible. The purest you can get is 99.6% pure VG. Even if your flavor is VG based, it still will have no less than 0.4% free water by content. Sorry if that bursts some bubbles, but, science is by the numbers.

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I got some juice made and it was all vg until flavor and nic was in so 93vg or something but it was good and that's what I was trying here but I can't get it right....not sure how to fix it now lol

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You literally CANNOT have 100% VG. It is impossible. The purest you can get is 99.6% pure VG. Even if your flavor is VG based, it still will have no less than 0.4% free water by content. Sorry if that bursts some bubbles, but, science is by the numbers.
I realize you can't truely have 100% vg unless you vape pure vg

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Well I got some juice made and it was all vg until flavor and nic was in so 93vg or something but it was good and that's what I was trying here but I can't get it right....not sure how to fix it now lol
A lot of times, it's just time. Degradation (steeping) is what allows the flavor to integrate with the VG and the nicotine to get all up in everyone's business. Try heating the juice to approx. 110 degrees F. Let it cool and breathe (remove cap) and try it again. Rinse and repeat as needed. Use only glass bottles for that! Plastic will leech into your juice and mess it up!

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I realize you can't truely have 100% vg unless you vape pure vg
No offense intended, but, 99.6% is as good as anyone is gonna get. I know I mentioned that above. Even VG without flavor straight from the plant, never better than 99.6%. Water will always be present.

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I wasn't trying to get 100 started at 100 then add the the pg flavor,sweetener and nic and whatever it knocks it to is fine but I tried it after it came up short and it was good then added the extra vg and it sucks now lol.....was worried the nic level would be to high if I used it like it was

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No offense intended, but, 99.6% is as good as anyone is gonna get. I know I mentioned that above. Even VG without flavor straight from the plant, never better than 99.6%. Water will always be present.
None taken. It was more as an example of what the calculator does that could result in the loss of quantity in the mix. I know it's not possible but I had another calculator I previously used where I would just enter 100 for the target percentage and once I added everything else it would automatically adjust for everything and give me the max vg I could get with that recipe since it assumed I wanted 100.

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Basically, what I'm telling you is, account for a 100% vg juice on any recipe thing as 95% vg. 5% is flavor. Bam! Done. That satisfies the program. As long as it's happy number equal up to 100%, it doesn't care where they are. If not, Idk...program is gifted or something.

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Ok
None taken. It was more as an example of what the calculator does that could result in the loss of quantity in the mix. I know it's not possible but I had another calculator I previously used where I would just enter 100 for the target percentage and once I added everything else it would automatically adjust for everything and give me the max vg I could get with that recipe since it assumed I wanted 100.
Ok. At least that's out of the way. I'm going to bed now. It's getting early.

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK so if I wanted a 80vg 20pg 8nic down from 100mg
1% sweetener
10% flavor
30ml bottle
What's the results cause that's what I was going to make after my wife's max vg mishap. I'll see what you guys put then I'll try my calculator and see

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Siccmade8

(just to make sure this isn't the issue)
Out of curiosity, are you mixing directly in the 30ml bottle that you want to use?
If so, it wont be *full* once you put 30ml in it. The bottles can actually hold more then 30ml so you wont have a full bottle.
If your expecting it to be full once done, it could be why it seems like your missing 4ml.

From left to right:
30ml glass dropper bottle with 30ml light blue water in it (looks like it can hold over 35ml)
30ml Cylinder bottle with markings at 10ml, 20ml, and 30ml (looks like it can hold over 35ml)
30ml Boston Round with markings at 10ml, 20ml, and 30ml (looks like it can hold 35ml)
10ml Boston Round with a marking at 10ml (looks like it can hold 12ml)
bottles.JPG

The Cylinder bottle is something I bought for my own DIY mixes, the other 3 are standard e-liquid bottles that most sellers use.

I will usually measure out my nicotine, flavoring, and pg (if using it), then with the bottle next to one of these, just fill it up to the mark with VG. The 3 plastic bottles were measured out with small beakers and syringes for accuracy. The glass I just filled with a large syringe for this picture (I rarely use glass bottles so didn't already have one marked).

Last edited:

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No I didn't add straight to glass 30ml bottle and I will try later in today measuring out the 30ml with water and see where it goes on the marks

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
1% sweetener
10% flavor
30ml bottle
What's the results cause that's what I was going to make after my wife's max vg mishap. I'll see what you guys put then I'll try my calculator and see
Let's do some math! Today, we're going to do percentages. We have a 30mL capacity object and want to find 1% of that. 30x0.01=0.3mL well, now we want 10%. 30x0.1=3mL. So, what if I wanted 80%? That's easy too. 30x0.8=24mL.
Ultimately, your formula is dependent on your nic base. If it's VG based, no problem. If it's PG based, still not a problem. You'll have to sub some percentage of flavor for nic. Best to use VG based nic. Doesn't subtract from your formula balance.
Example, 100ml bottle. 80/20 formula at 3mg nic. We're going to use 100mg vg based nic. In your 80% vg, 3ml will be nicotine. The other 77ml will be just vg. 20% of the formula is basically flavorings. Either flavors directly or flavor enhancements. So, your formula actually looks like this: 77%vg, 3%nic, 20% flavor.

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1% sweetener
10% flavor
30ml bottle

Assuming 100mg 100% VG Nicotine, your mix would consist of the following for a 20/80 8mg 30ml total::

Nic = 2.4 ml
PG = 2.7 ml
VG = 21.6 ml
Flavor = 3 ml
Sweetener = 0.3 ml

Hope that helps.

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cool thanks and there e liquid recipes seems to make me sense the rest I've used

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Lol I'd say only with a calculator but in this case that isn't even fun lol
You're looking at it wrong. Math is in everything. Vaping, money, how many times you punch the methhead across the street in the face. Things like that. Put something entertaining with your Math and you won't hate it anymore. Unless you try calculus. Then my friend, good luck. Passed that class with a C-

VU Sponsors