Become a Patron!

Maganus Cloud Blaster-Best of both worlds**

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone notice the life span of the factory coils on this? They are lasting a while, I don't vape top wattage but at about 35-45 watts I am getting good life out of this one. (0.2)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thing rocks
e4393e7144a053f43772dde1c5bb69d8.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Islandswamp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I'm getting about 400 drags before the vapor and taste aren't up to my liking. I have vaped on them longer though. They seem cheaper than cloud beast coils.

I'm still working on that rba too. I have it sort of working now, no spitting at the moment but the hit seems less moist (not exactly a dry hit just not as good as I would like) . I put more wicking in this time and fed the wick through the wicking holes then trimmed it up to the base and then slightly pulled them back up. Then instead of priming it with drips I let it wick itself slowly so i would be sure to not get too much liquid pooling.

I'm not completely versed in the physics of water gravity and plumbing but the way the thing is built it seems very prone to spitting. I would assume that liquid would want to reach equilibrium and push itself somewhat up through the juice holes. This is also why i decided to try to plug those holes a little bit. Seems to have helped.

Islandswamp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Off topic a bit but I have my cloud blaster on my smok g150 mod. I really want to upgrade to an 18650 battery mod at some point. The kaos spectrum is in my price range but i don't know if it's any good. What's a decent mod to get?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Off topic a bit but I have my cloud blaster on my smok g150 mod. I really want to upgrade to an 18650 battery mod at some point. The kaos spectrum is in my price range but i don't know if it's any good. What's a decent mod to get?
There are a lot of great mods in the dual 18650 category. Some of the first that come to mind are the Smoant Battlestar and Charon, the IPV Vesta, Smok Alien, Laisimo Wyvern, any dual 18650 from Asmodus. Just to name a few. I have the Kaos, so far so good but I haven't done a full review of it yet. Here are the ones I reviewed so far.

Laisimo Wyvern Review
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/326219/

Smoant Charon
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/319047/

Smoant Battlestar Mod
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/317231/

Ipv Vesta
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/314906/

Asmodus Boost & Reborn
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/asmodus-minikin-reborn-boost-review-by-deucesjack.329823/

Smok Alien Kit
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/329426/

Oh and if you can find one the Hohmtech Wrecker G2 is definitely a cult classic but it will spoil you for other chipsets. Hope this helped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for the Kaos. I have 2 of them and they have been trouble-free, solid mods.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Cool King, DEF let me know your thoughts on it after you give it a try!!!!:stars:

Just wacked in the stock coils although tightened them to make them 2.5 mm and wicked it up ...just trying to dial it in now RBA deck is not producing lots of cloud at the moment kinda making me cough although just recovering from a chest infection so could be just that as I've been tootle puffing for past couple of weeks and this is like is wham have some of that! 120w flavour coming through rather well not sure I like the big chuff Cap though just a tad too big trying a 510 at the moment see if that makes a difference

got to get used to taking bigger inhales again lol

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I removed the chuff and put my own on there and liked it better

Think I'll be the same whiskey see its strange kinda like the stock drip tip on the Smok beast tank this one feels slightly bigger though I'm glad unlike the beast tank I have the option to use my own 510

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Tell you what I'm getting decent flavour from the RBA deck it doesn't chuck the clouds like I'd expect but sitting pretty at 100w

I'm not experiencing any spitting am taking short sharp pulls with airflow pretty restricted also put the Boreas drip tip on fits pretty nicely! Hitting hard got to get used to it like I said above don't know whether I'm coughing as I'm getting over chest infection or whether the vapour is overly moist doesn't feel like it

IMG_1330.JPG

I treated it like the Boreas deck as they are really similar ... Ill spend time with it first before I write a review obviously but I'll share how i wicked the RBA now ahead of my review

Used the stock coils although tightened them up to 2.5mm diameter and added and extra wrap or two placed the coils same height MJag recommended where top of the coil is just below top coil hole

IMG_1319.JPG

I tightened the legs so coil was touching the posts then pulled them out so centre of the coil was in line with wicking holes ...this avoids coil touching the RBA deck housing
IMG_1320.JPG

I cut my wicks to the length shown below (inserted using Scottish roll method using cotton bacon)... I measured by folding the end in half so they reach half way under the coil
IMG_1325.JPG

Fluffed up the ends and tidied it up
IMG_1326.JPG
Gently fold the cotton under the coil (don't push it under) ensure there is a gap under the coil and that a bit of cotton is slightly pushing out of the holes so you know there is a seal there
IMG_1327.JPG

Juice it up then check there's still gap underneath the coil as cotton will expand

When it comes to refilling leave the AFC open to avoid flooding

Hope it helps :)

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wacked in the stock coils although tightened them to make them 2.5 mm and wicked it up ...just trying to dial it in now RBA deck is not producing lots of cloud at the moment kinda making me cough although just recovering from a chest infection so could be just that as I've been tootle puffing for past couple of weeks and this is like is wham have some of that! 120w flavour coming through rather well not sure I like the big chuff Cap though just a tad too big trying a 510 at the moment see if that makes a difference

got to get used to taking bigger inhales again lol
The stock coils I didn't like at all but smart of you to reduce down the size. They didn't produce much vapor as well for me and it was a bit harsh too.

Best results I got was with kanthal parallel claptons 2.5mm ID. If my memory serves me well I think they were dual 26g core with a 36g outer wrap.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tell you what I'm getting decent flavour from the RBA deck it doesn't chuck the clouds like I'd expect but sitting pretty at 130w

I'm not experiencing any spitting am taking short sharp pulls with airflow pretty restricted also put the Boreas drip tip on fits pretty nicely! Hitting hard got to get used to it like I said above don't know whether I'm coughing as I'm getting over chest infection or whether the vapour is overly moist doesn't feel like it

View attachment 85908

I treated it like the Boreas deck as they are really similar ... Ill spend time with it first before I write a review obviously but I'll share how i wicked the RBA now ahead of my review

Used the stock coils although tightened them up to 2.5mm diameter and added and extra wrap or two placed the coils same height MJag recommended where top of the coil is just below top coil hole

View attachment 85899

I tightened the legs so coil was roughing the posts then pulled them out so centre of the coil was in line with wicking holes ...this avoids coil touching the RBA deck housing
View attachment 85900

I cut my wicks to the length shown below (inserted using Scottish roll method using cotton bacon)... I measured by folding the end in half so they reach half way under the coil
View attachment 85901

Fluffed up the ends and tidied it up
View attachment 85903
Gently fold the cotton under the coil (don't push it under) ensure there is a gap under the coil and that a bit of cotton is slightly pushing out of the holes so you know there is a seal there
View attachment 85904

Juice it up then check there's still gap underneath the coil as cotton will expand

When it comes to refilling closed the AFC shut completely before removing the top (I tend to always do this on attys that don't have juice control as there is always a pressure inside the chamber which you don't want to disrupt and can lead to flooding)

Hope it helps :)
Great write up!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The stock coils I didn't like at all but smart of you to reduce down the size. They didn't produce much vapor as well for me and it was a bit harsh too.

Best results I got was with kanthal parallel claptons 2.5mm ID. If my memory serves me well I think they were dual 26g core with a 36g outer wrap.

I'll try this next time mate! Got used to it now been vaping it all afternoon think it was me rather than the atty as I said been tootle puffing around 30-40w last couple of weeks lol dunno I'll let you know after a few days more with it! ...today first time back my normal more cloudy vape surprising how quickly you adjust to a different style of vaping! ...its pretty good considering the airflow isn't being directed around the coil like the premades that come with it. I'm pleasantly suprised I've just wicked up the Kylin and although it is better it's not absolutely leagues better like I was expecting it to be and they are both airy attys. I've got the same flavours in both to compare, it's muted in comparison in terms of the sweetness of my flavour, which comes out a lot more in the Kylin... but I'd expect that as it's a designated RTA compared to an RBA deck and also the Kylin has bottom airflow

...I prefer this one to the RBA deck on the beast tank that's for sure hated wicking that bloody thing

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
No more coughing now so putting that down the my chest cold I had ... wicking still going strong not overly moist and spitting like others experienced pretty smooth vape all in all ....really liking this RBA deck been using this as my daily driver for past few days ...settled on keeping the 510 drip tip and reduced wattage to 100w (edited my above post) still restricted airflow

Top cap doesn't get in the least bit hot...solid atty so far

Islandswamp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want to order some pre-wrapped coils for this RBA. What is a good place to get some and what kind of coils should I order? I don't want to get ones that won't work.

EDIT: I would have posted this question on the ECig subreddit but this community has been 100% kinder and better to deal with. For some reason I only manage to get the dickhead responses on reddit. Thanks in advance if anyone has a good source for me.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I want to order some pre-wrapped coils for this RBA. What is a good place to get some and what kind of coils should I order? I don't want to get ones that won't work.

EDIT: I would have posted this question on the ECig subreddit but this community has been 100% kinder and better to deal with. For some reason I only manage to get the dickhead responses on reddit. Thanks in advance if anyone has a good source for me.

Hiya swamp in the pics above where I posted the wicking method I used the stock coils but tightened them down as they came as 3.5mm which is way to big for this RBA deck...

Dual fused claptons (7 wraps each) 2.5mm inner diameter as you can see above I got them in there ok ...ohm out at 0.13

Before and after shot of the stock coil

IMG_1293.JPG

This RBA deck will not be a cloud monster whatever you wack in there as the air mix isn't going up around the coil just putting that out there

Last edited:

Islandswamp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I reported many problems with this RBA including a serious spitting issue. I really wanted to make it work right so I gave it another shot. I played around with the RBA a bit and figured out a few tricks. First of all I have copied what one user said to do and I positioned the coils lower in relation to the posts.

Next I wicked the coils, feathered the cotton, then tucked all the ends of the wicks through the juice holes. Once the wicks are through those holes I took my scissors and clipped the ends of each wick right up flush with the outside (bottom) of the holes leaving them still in the holes but with almost nothing protruding.

Then I took my tool and gently pulled the wicks up a little bit. This left the juice holes blocked but with nothing sticking through them. I tested how well this would work by dripping juice on the space between the bottom of the unit and the build deck. I basically tried to see what it would look like inside the tank when the device was wicking. The juice was slowly being absorbed as I would expect it to, so I figured that it was all good. At that point I primed the rest of the wick, making sure to use as small amount of juice as possible. The spitting is caused by the RBA head flooding so I figured that I might have primed it too much in my previous attempts. I did some dry pulls too to try to emulate the priming procedure I use for factory coils

Finally, I filled the tank. Here's the real trick. I didn't fill it completely. The first time I used this RBA it didn't start spitting violently until I topped it off; the first time I set it up I only put a few mils in the tank in case I messed something up and needed to take it apart! Thinking back I realized that every episode of massive spitting followed a tank-refilling.

So I decided to try filling it partially. After all these steps I suddenly had a good vape! I still had to close the airflow down to a much smaller size but I was getting huge hits. Eventually I got cocky and filled the tank all the way and BAM it spit like crazy again. I managed to use a paper towel to soak up the flooded juice so I could vape it again. I really do wish that I could fill this tank all the way, but 3 mils still lasts a while and it's not hard to keep filling it.

Here's a pic of the vape band I use. I only fill the tank to the top of the band when using the RBA. Note that there are factory coils in the tank in this pic. Unfortunately I still find the factory coils to be superior because they're pretty cheap, last a long time, and take no fiddling. I use the RBA when I have the time to mess with it.

19944213_1508608262518692_1436392493286731500_o.jpg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I reported many problems with this RBA including a serious spitting issue. I really wanted to make it work right so I gave it another shot. I played around with the RBA a bit and figured out a few tricks. First of all I have copied what one user said to do and I positioned the coils lower in relation to the posts.

Next I wicked the coils, feathered the cotton, then tucked all the ends of the wicks through the juice holes. Once the wicks are through those holes I took my scissors and clipped the ends of each wick right up flush with the outside (bottom) of the holes leaving them still in the holes but with almost nothing protruding.

Then I took my tool and gently pulled the wicks up a little bit. This left the juice holes blocked but with nothing sticking through them. I tested how well this would work by dripping juice on the space between the bottom of the unit and the build deck. I basically tried to see what it would look like inside the tank when the device was wicking. The juice was slowly being absorbed as I would expect it to, so I figured that it was all good. At that point I primed the rest of the wick, making sure to use as small amount of juice as possible. The spitting is caused by the RBA head flooding so I figured that I might have primed it too much in my previous attempts. I did some dry pulls too to try to emulate the priming procedure I use for factory coils

Finally, I filled the tank. Here's the real trick. I didn't fill it completely. The first time I used this RBA it didn't start spitting violently until I topped it off; the first time I set it up I only put a few mils in the tank in case I messed something up and needed to take it apart! Thinking back I realized that every episode of massive spitting followed a tank-refilling.

So I decided to try filling it partially. After all these steps I suddenly had a good vape! I still had to close the airflow down to a much smaller size but I was getting huge hits. Eventually I got cocky and filled the tank all the way and BAM it spit like crazy again. I managed to use a paper towel to soak up the flooded juice so I could vape it again. I really do wish that I could fill this tank all the way, but 3 mils still lasts a while and it's not hard to keep filling it.

Here's a pic of the vape band I use. I only fill the tank to the top of the band when using the RBA. Note that there are factory coils in the tank in this pic. Unfortunately I still find the factory coils to be superior because they're pretty cheap, last a long time, and take no fiddling. I use the RBA when I have the time to mess with it.

19944213_1508608262518692_1436392493286731500_o.jpg

Even with my wicking guide above leaving the airflow open is an absolute must when refilling (unlike some other attys) I tried once keeping it shut and it flooded the deck really bad ...learnt my lesson after that managed to get it full on mine with no spitting

Taken it off since and got the 0.2 pre made coil in now took a while to break in but settled at 95w it's a pretty good vape especially for a pre made flavour is comparible to what I get from the beast tank maybe even slightly more, less clouds but then I used to roll the v8-T8 coils the most

it doesn't leak and juice lasts longer than in the beast I'm impressed!

Gonna see how long this coil lasts :)

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am really enjoying my Cloud Blaster this thing is a great tank........

Sent From Rain Forest
Yeah it is, still enjoying mine.

I finished up my review last week for it but still continue to use it. The .15 coil has broken in nicely and still providing a great vape and I still have the .2 coil to fall back on.

I sort of have to put it to the side for a bit to review a couple of other tanks, if I keep it filled I keep on reaching for it. It is definitely going to be a tank I will buy more coils for and keep using.

Has anyone burned through a coil yet?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to say my Crown 3 has some competition....

Sent From Rain Forest
Not for me. Both coils in my Crown III leaked like a sieve. That POS is already boxed up and back on the shelf. Really disappointed with it.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow that's a bummer some folks said every now and then you have to tighten that piece on top with the tool as it works loose Just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also the my Maganus cloud blaster gives me better flavor and so does the Limitless XL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The cloud blaster is still on the first coil..... almost 3 months

Attachments

• MY MODS 011Small.JPG
    MY MODS 011Small.JPG
    341 KB · Views: 5

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a lot of great mods in the dual 18650 category. Some of the first that come to mind are the Smoant Battlestar and Charon, the IPV Vesta, Smok Alien, Laisimo Wyvern, any dual 18650 from Asmodus. Just to name a few. I have the Kaos, so far so good but I haven't done a full review of it yet. Here are the ones I reviewed so far.

Laisimo Wyvern Review
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/326219/

Smoant Charon
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/319047/

Smoant Battlestar Mod
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/317231/

Ipv Vesta
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/314906/

Asmodus Boost & Reborn
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/asmodus-minikin-reborn-boost-review-by-deucesjack.329823/

Smok Alien Kit
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/329426/

Oh and if you can find one the Hohmtech Wrecker G2 is definitely a cult classic but it will spoil you for other chipsets. Hope this helped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
These are all (2) 18650

Attachments

• 08.03.17 phone pics 347.jpg
    08.03.17 phone pics 347.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 08.03.17 phone pics 302.jpg
    08.03.17 phone pics 302.jpg
    988.3 KB · Views: 6
  • MY MODS 020small.JPG
    MY MODS 020small.JPG
    316.6 KB · Views: 6

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So that is the Black one I love it, I have the Green and the Red.... I want all the colors that's my goal..........

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk
Man these little Cloud makers are flavorfull as hell...... They are sweet..... If they made a 30mm it would be an awesome seller !!!!

VU Sponsors