Become a Patron!

Magnetic stirrers

littlewitewilly

Member For 4 Years
Looking for opinions before taking the plunge.

1. Do they reduce steep times slightly?

2. Any concern about introducing extra oxygen into your mix, possibly speeding oxidation of the nicotine?

Thanks in advance

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I may use the magnetic stirrer for a different reason but do love it and therefor use it for pretty much all mixing as a result.

To answer your questions:
1. Maybe a little
2. Keep it on low speed and if it starts creating bubbles, slow it down.

I generally start with a glass stirring rod to start the blending process and introducing the mix, then throw a magnetic stirrer in and put it on low and let it run a while while I mix up the next batch. For me anyways it just offers a more even distribution of the flavors and so forth. Helps with making sure the bottles are consistent and as evenly mixed as is possible. I still steep everything as if it were hand mixed.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looking for opinions before taking the plunge.

1. Do they reduce steep times slightly?

2. Any concern about introducing extra oxygen into your mix, possibly speeding oxidation of the nicotine?

Thanks in advance

I've been looking at the magnetic stirrer but decided that right now I don't need one because I don't mix huge batches. I use this and it works great for me:

I don't worry about air bubbles, I welcome them as I know the juice is well mixed.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i use a power mixer/version of yours for my 500mls batches,, works great and i like the foaming action to know that the flavor molecules have broken down to mix with each other, I DO NOT have NICOTINE in the mix-----EVER,, i add nicotine at point of use in a 100 ml +30 ml bottle then a little hand shake before each use.

i would even 'rec' a simple beater mixer for cake batter,, just dont add the Nic because the whole process is not good for nic,, too much oxy-burn,, it really changes/burns the flavor.

21HrEeZOZJL._AC_SR160,160_.jpg

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I use the battery powered hand mixers and my nic is added with no side effects with freebase or salts. Seems to jump start the steep process as well. I always pull some air in to get a nice froth.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I always add nic when I mix and I haven't noticed any problems with it. I've been using nicselect from nicotine river and keep it in the fridge in it's original 250 ml bottle. I'm on the last few mls in the bottle and it's just now turning yellow. Up until a month or so ago it was clear as pg and I think the only reason it turned was because I forgot and left it out on the table 3 or 4 times overnight. It had time to come to room temperature for several hours.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’m an old fashioned girl......hand shaking the hell out of it. Usually every day for a few days.....then let it sit. :ejuice:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I found the most cost effective way to speed of Infusion time and that is a simple Incandescent Desk lamp. 100°F speeds up infusion greatly and an occasional shake does wonders. Plus cost can be nothing when you probably already have one on your desk.

VU Sponsors