Become a Patron!

mAh

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I bought 2 LG HB6 18650 pinkies from LiionWholesale. When I got them, one is 3500 mAh, and the other is 1500 mAh. What are the possible consequesnces of this difference? Is it JUST a matter of one dying faster than the other, or could there be more harm done if I use them? They'll be used in a mech mod that only needs 1 18650, so they won't ever be used together. Advice?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If both are HB6 its not likely one is 3500 and one 1500mah...can you post a pic of the batteries showing the numbers on them?....I would see what you actually have before using any of them in a mod.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
0865015704bcd6396d30b1d2a8d2877e.jpg

Take a look at this chart..The one that is 1500mah, is rated for 30a. Meaning if you build low, you'll be good.

I don't see a 3500 mAh lg on there, but I know they had one. I'm not sure of its current rating; but, I think that was more of a flashlight battery for 8a.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I bought 2 LG HB6 18650 pinkies from LiionWholesale. When I got them, one is 3500 mAh, and the other is 1500 mAh. What are the possible consequesnces of this difference? Is it JUST a matter of one dying faster than the other, or could there be more harm done if I use them? They'll be used in a mech mod that only needs 1 18650, so they won't ever be used together. Advice?
Can you post a pic of those? The wrapper with the labeling?

The only 3500mah lg I can find is a 10a battery in a green wrapper.
@Jon@LiionWholesale may also know more.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's a pic of them.

Attachments

• 2017-03-08_18.47.35.jpg
    2017-03-08_18.47.35.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 32

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
well, fuck me running. I reckon, ive not seen that before. But, my instinct tells me that its typo on the label. BUT, I personally wouldn't run it, for fear that its wrong wrapper on a 10a battery.
I could very well be wrong, but as bad as my face is, I prefer to keep it without any new scars.

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I peeled the stickers off and undetneath on the wrapper was printed "LGDAHB61865" just like the HB6 in the pic you posted. Can that be a typo too? Is there a way to test the battery and find out for sure? Would a multimeter do it?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Certainly mislabeled but I would talk to Jon at liion to comfirm everything...The sticker is no big deal I usually take them off my batteries if they have them anyway...My guess is you have two HB6,s but I would still confirm it with Jon

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Most likely mislabeled, but I wouldn't chance it. Hopefully Jon will see this soon and get you straight.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would go by the printing on the battery itself, but to be sure I would wait for Jon to chime in. The added sticker is required for international shipment.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Those are put on by the shipper per US regs. Pull them off and the printing on the battery should be the same.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
+1 for mislabeled.

Liion Wholesale is a pretty reputable company so Id say you've got 2 legit HB6s there but they might like to know about the error. Maybe send them some pics of the error, show pics of both the sitcker on and sticker off. Never hurts to be cautious but I would say you have nothing to worry about.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@Jon@LiionWholesale

any response to this?

from what i understand those outside stickers don't really mean much, they are just required before shipping, still not really worth the risk in case it was a mistake.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sorry didn't see these notifications. Yes unfortunately one batch of HB6's our shipper put the wrong stickers on and some of these got out. Just peel the stickers off and if it says "LGDAHB61865" then they're HB6 and they're 1500mAh, so don't worry about what the sticker said. Sorry for the confusion!

VU Sponsors