Become a Patron!

Man Killed After Pointing Vaporizer at Police

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heard today a black man walking away from police officers in California, pulled out his Vaping mod box and tank and points it at a police officer...... Well it cost him his life !!!!!!

01113fa0d334ce9f492f9422e026f1c1.jpg

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mod must not have not had FDA approval.

"Using only the the thumb and forefinger of your LEFT HAND, drop the mod on the ground, and kick it toward me!!!!!

"DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!"

Blam blam blam blam

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looked like a Sigelei box mod and a 22mm SS tank......

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
was wondering when someone would post up on this.. yeah .. doubtful this would have made news if 'vaping' wasn't such a political issue.

wonder how many people get shot for flashlights and cell phones that hardly ever make the news..
some do I know but this is considered 'big' news and makes the national circuit... <sigh> sad state of shit for real.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Heard today a black man walking away from police officers in California, pulled out his Vaping mod box and tank and points it at a police officer...... Well it cost him his life !!!!!!

01113fa0d334ce9f492f9422e026f1c1.jpg

Someone typed this in chat last night. Haven't seen it on our local news. I'm watching cbs in the morning show. Still no report about it. They said in chat the guy was mentally ill. Maybe he wanted ti die or just or he was really sick or off meds.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw it on the news... yesterday I think.
It was an expensive lesson, but he learned not to cradle something in your hand like it is a firearm when cops have their gun drawn.

Yeah, Sean, maybe he was off his meds or something because that's just not thinking straight.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fq06 did they mention want was actually in his hand? If it was a mod then thats bad timing. If it wasn't a mod it's just going to add fuel to the fire. Probably already planning protests hope they turnout peaceful.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it lolked like a tube mod to me.
But it doesn't matter what you pull out of your pocket and point at a cop with his gun drawn... it could be a tampon and you will probably get shot.

Don't see how people could get worked up over this one.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the dude just didn't want to be around any longer. Are cars and property going to be set fire probably not. But its going to brought up more trigger happy cops. With all the crazy stuff that goes on now a days cop is the last job I would apply for.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, only thing I can think of as a reason to point something at a cop with a gun.

It's a bad cycle, people are attacking cops because they're mad that cops are in some cases needlessly shooting people. So cops are more nervous and trigger happy and shooting even more people.

It is not a good time to be a cop, that's for sure.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
was wondering when someone would post up on this.. yeah .. doubtful this would have made news if 'vaping' wasn't such a political issue.

Really?

People have been burning down their neighborhoods over police shootings. It would have made the news if the guy was holding a tampon(credit to @fq06 for the item).

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone typed this in chat last night. Haven't seen it on our local news. I'm watching cbs in the morning show. Still no report about it. They said in chat the guy was mentally ill. Maybe he wanted ti die or just or he was really sick or off meds.
He just wanted to die I guess..... Or drugs......

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He just wanted to die I guess..... Or drugs......

Yea, Manny wasn't on our news watched all morning. Herd he was mentally ill but dont know if its true. I would guess what you said. I said its bad timing and its a shame.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Foggz said: ↑
Really?
People have been burning down their neighborhoods over police shootings. It would have made the news if the guy was holding a tampon(credit to @fq06 for the item).

yeah.. on re examining .. i guess I can agree there... any shooting can make the national circuit from that perspective.

I am just a bit sour over all the anti- vape shit lately ;p

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well this is another one for the media... Vaping it's unsafe, man dies over Vaping apparatus, how many should die or get injured with this Vape craze. ...

They love when shit like this happens so they can hype how negative it is......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah.. on re examining .. i guess I can agree there... any shooting can make the national circuit from that perspective.

I am just a bit sour over all the anti- vape shit lately ;p
It's all good....... that Vaping is popping up everywhere..... They will soon realize that vapers are radical and believe that Vape is better than cigarettes....... And we will fight... For our rights to Vape...... Vaping will continue to grow.....

Imagine everyone Vaping and no more cigarettes ?

A world of vapers ...... Everyone just Vaping..... Vapers everywhere...... Just Vapor and clouds and flavors and smelling fruits and stuff....

Man that would be cool.....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kids tube mod blew up on an Universal Orlando ride and burned the tourist next to him....

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was assigned coverage on this for a couple days. Guy wasn't mentally ill, but he was off-balance because a friend had committed suicide a few days prior. Mod turned out to be some kind of dual-18650 box topped with a TFV4 Mini - I have the same tank and if the wide drip tip was installed it certainly could have been mistaken for a gun barrel.

Stupid move on the guy's part for pointing anything at a cop, but this may have been a suicide by cop thing. Media, both local and national, haven't done much if anything with the vape angle.

The bigger problem, as I see it, is this was a 5150 call, cops knew they'd be encountering someone unstable, and instead of sending the psych team they sent a regular unit. One cop followed his training, kept a distance, and prepared to deploy a taser. The other cop ran up to within a couple paces of what he knew was a person acting crazy and fired before the first got the taser off.

All that said, this was probably avoidable had the police followed protocol, but it's one of the more generally defensible cop killings of unarmed black people I've seen in the last year or so since that became a thing the news pays attention to.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was assigned coverage on this for a couple days. Guy wasn't mentally ill, but he was off-balance because a friend had committed suicide a few days prior. Mod turned out to be some kind of dual-18650 box topped with a TFV4 Mini - I have the same tank and if the wide drip tip was installed it certainly could have been mistaken for a gun barrel.

Stupid move on the guy's part for pointing anything at a cop, but this may have been a suicide by cop thing. Media, both local and national, haven't done much if anything with the vape angle.

The bigger problem, as I see it, is this was a 5150 call, cops knew they'd be encountering someone unstable, and instead of sending the psych team they sent a regular unit. One cop followed his training, kept a distance, and prepared to deploy a taser. The other cop ran up to within a couple paces of what he knew was a person acting crazy and fired before the first got the taser off.

All that said, this was probably avoidable had the police followed protocol, but it's one of the more generally defensible cop killings of unarmed black people I've seen in the last year or so since that became a thing the news pays attention to.
It's sad, but when you reach and pull something out the cop doesn't have 2 or 3 seconds to see what you are pointing at him...... Its like a 10th of a second...... Most of the time you point and you loose......

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's sad, but when you reach and pull something out the cop doesn't have 2 or 3 seconds to see what you are pointing at him...... Its like a 10th of a second...... Most of the time you point and you loose......

No doubt. When he pulled on the cop (for the first 3-4 days after the shooting police just said he pulled "an object" and wouldn't respond to media inquiries as to what the object was), he was dead. That's a foregone conclusion.

Evidence seems to suggest, from my study of the event, that if the second officer hadn't rushed the guy he may have been subdued by less-than-lethal means. El Cajon PD protocols seem to support the assertions that a) these guys shouldn't have even been sent on the call without a psych team and b) one officer was following his training by keeping a distance and deploying the taser, the other was either ignorant of his training or too panicked to remember it.

Bonus: the shooter had recently been demoted from detective to patrol for allegedly texting dick pics to a female fellow officer and begging her for a threesome with him and his wife, who apparently didn't appreciate it.

EDIT: grammatical correction

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No doubt. When he pulled on the cop (for the first 3-4 days after the shooting police just said he pulled "an object" and wouldn't respond to media inquiries as to what the object was), he was dead. That's a foregone conclusion.

Evidence seems to suggest, from my study of the event, that if the second officer hadn't rushed the guy he may have been subdued by less-than-lethal means. El Cajon PD protocols seem to support the assertions that a) these guys shouldn't have even been sent on the call without a psych team and b) one officer was following his training by keeping a distance and deploying the taser, the other was either ignorant of his training or too panicked to remember it.

Bonus: the shooter had recently been demoted from detective to patrol for allegedly texting dick pics to a female fellow officer and begging her for a threesome with him and his wife, who apparently didn't appreciate it.

EDIT: grammatical correction
Sorry dude going to disagree.
Even one of those hand up assholes did the training and changed his tune. 5150 or not when an object/gu/blade is directed at a cop or someone in a hostile fashion less than lethal is not an option fucking EVER.

I have been where that cop was but it was the shit head's fingers pulled from his waste band pointed at the back of my courier's head under his overly large shirt. I cleared holster aimed and was squeezing the trigger when the shit ass kid pulled his hand out and laughed about it, it would have been a dead stupid bastard if what came out from under the shirt was not flesh colored.
Had a couple of others that the jerk offs came close to getting planted, a couple more that the holster was cleared and they are in jail for another 20+ years.

One of the deputies who trained me was lulled on a suspect. Took a .44 to the dome, so fuck that less than lethal bullshit, save it for protesters and people without shit in their hands pointing it at cops.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry dude going to disagree.
Even one of those hand up assholes did the training and changed his tune. 5150 or not when an object/gu/blade is directed at a cop or someone in a hostile fashion less than lethal is not an option fucking EVER.

I have been where that cop was but it was the shit head's fingers pulled from his waste band pointed at the back of my courier's head under his overly large shirt. I cleared holster aimed and was squeezing the trigger when the shit ass kid pulled his hand out and laughed about it, it would have been a dead stupid bastard if what came out from under the shirt was not flesh colored.
Had a couple of others that the jerk offs came close to getting planted, a couple more that the holster was cleared and they are in jail for another 20+ years.

One of the deputies who trained me was lulled on a suspect. Took a .44 to the dome, so fuck that less than lethal bullshit, save it for protesters and people without shit in their hands pointing it at cops.
Sorry dude, but I largely agree.

Training said keep a distance. Training said kid glove a mental health emergency. Had those guidelines been followed, we have a perp in a nuthouse, not a carcass in a morgue and not a national media frenzy overrunning my peaceful beach community.

Cops doing their job might have led to a situation where an obviously mentally disturbed subject wouldn't have pretended to pull a weapon. The victim here chose to pretend he was pulling a weapon, and I have zero blame for police responding how they did once that happened. But it still seems they're the ones that caused the situation to get to where it did.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will shoot this crazy motherfucker if I was in that situation...
Stop blaming the POPO
Blame the
Fucking GOVERNMENT!
People need to MOVE THE FUCK ON
Black man gets shot, blacks starts shit.. UNJUSTIFIED fucking shit
They should go to the fucking
Mayor, congressman,senator, governors house and burn that motherfucker!!!
Fuck Black lives matters
And FUCK the government!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry dude, but I largely agree.

Training said keep a distance. Training said kid glove a mental health emergency. Had those guidelines been followed, we have a perp in a nuthouse, not a carcass in a morgue and not a national media frenzy overrunning my peaceful beach community.

Cops doing their job might have led to a situation where an obviously mentally disturbed subject wouldn't have pretended to pull a weapon. The victim here chose to pretend he was pulling a weapon, and I have zero blame for police responding how they did once that happened. But it still seems they're the ones that caused the situation to get to where it did.
I blame the libs and the defunding the mental health systems.
Fuck this kid glove shit, it is exactly why we have what we do now. Cops to afraid to do their jobs, criminals and mentally fucked people running rough shod over them and us.

Beanbags over tazers.. bullets over beanbags.
Street court NEVER works out how those who get motherfucking shot want it to. I mean it is real simple.. do not act like a shit heel and if you are do not act like a shit heel when caught, then you won't get shot.

VU Sponsors