Become a Patron!

Martin Luther King, Jr. [POLL ADDED]

Do You Think I Was Wrong Posting The MLK Dreamsicle Meme?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
wingnut loony....it's people like you what cause unrest. you realize of course the NSA just sent that picture to the Whitehouse and you can soon expect an IRS audit.

All my devices are monitored 24/7 by the NSA & DHS. You're all part of it now, since you've spoken to me. lol

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hahaha I don't know if this guy was like that in real life. But I would have voted him as president if he had run.

That is the one and only Gunny R. Lee Ermery. Yes, he was a real drill Sgt. He has his own series, Lock & Load, but was most famous for his role in Full Metal Jacket, where he was to be a technical consultant, but Stanley Kubrick fired the actor, and hired Ermey who improvised the following in the movie. The original motivational speaker. lol

Geiko fired him for criticising Obama

http://www.inquisitr.com/312864/ful...y-geico-fired-me-for-criticizing-obama-video/

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That is the one and only Gunny R. Lee Ermery. Yes, he was a real drill Sgt. He has his own series, Lock & Load, but was most famous for his role in Full Metal Jacket, where he was to be a technical consultant, but the director fired the actor, and hired Ermey who improvised the following in the movie. The original motivational speaker. lol

I love watching him on History Channel, well I did when he was on it...
Future Weapons and other shows, hes been in countless movies and his voice is so distinct

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't gotten all the facts yet. So it would be sort of misleading for me to give you a single answer.

But if you read about the current plight of the Freedmen, the locations of events current and past. You start to see a very ugly pattern.

What I'm hoping to do, is answer some questions that have never been asked within that group of people.

All that sounds very vague, and I apologize for making it so. But the internet is full of people who have nothing better to do than steal your ideas, and make money from them.
I'm not in Ok, hwr, have ancestors who made it there according to family records. Sadly, they were lost when hurricane ripped roof & most of top floor of an aunt's house; the book of births, deaths, marriages are all gone but we pass our heritage down from each generation, incl'g herbal/homeopathic medicine, history, rituals, & the stories passed from more generations than can be counted or traced thx to white govt from theft of land, murders, & forced integration. Still, much was taught in secret a way from racial whites w/no respect, no honor, & no trust...

I was born in NC. The only thing I was never taught, and it's a shame, is the spoken/written language of my Cherokee ancestors & the language of my Arapaho ancestors. My great-grandfather, who lived to be 100yrs old, was born in the late 1800s, when the racism wad bad for Native Americans. He thought by not teaching us our language, he was preventing ostrization from the community as he had as a Native American child growing up off the reservation, but still, there is a hole in me & others in our family bc of that decision, but he taught us (esp me) a great deal despite refusing to teach us our languages. You could say we were blessed in that respect. Many others are not so fortunate.

Hwr, I am the only one who actually did rec' the previous Matriarch's blessing/permission, if you will, to marry a pure white man (blonde hair, very fair complexion, & even baby-blue eyes), but he respected my heritage even if he doesn't share our spirituality, some of our customs, & ways. It only became problematic when we had children. He isnt thrilled they don't follow Christainity; hwr, it's like I told him, even as their mother & esp after becoming Matriarch, we are not allowed to choose their path. It's a journey they must take & decide on their own. And they did but it wasn't the path he wanted.

Still, where we live, it's not something we share with outsiders bc there is still animosity, even today, esp in a small city in the bible belt. It's almost stifling at times. It is the reason I spend a week or two in the Reservation each year & why are children sometimes come with me. It is the one place we are free without judgement that's closest to where we live.

Oddly enough, our biggest problems stem from his mother's lack of acceptance of my love & the value my family instilled in me regarding my heritage. It has been one of the so rest of spots we've dealt with in 27+yrs, plus the years we dated. She is more than a little prejudiced when it comes to my family but she won't live forever & I didn't marry her, I married her son. I still don't know how he managed to be as understanding & open-minded w/a mother like his but I'm glad he is.

His father wasn't in the picture but I have to believe his oldest brother & his wife played a large role in it. They are Catholic, yet they have never, not even once been disrespectful regarding my ancestry or beliefs. They've even put the MIL in her place before I had a chance. She didn't & doesn't like it but she shuts up & keeps her vitriolic notions to herself 98% of the time; as for the other 2%,one of us puts a stop to it before she goes too far. It's the condition I set with regards to het access to our children & his siblings & others stood by it, forcing her to choose to be a grandparent by accepting me & my ethnicity or losing a son, DIL, & grandchildren. She made the right choice, even tho she does slip at times...

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh don't know as I recall the cherookee did OK with all the oil on their land, and beside Oklahoma may not be paradise but it sure beats the hell out of the homelands of the Apache....guess the cherokee got the last laugh on the goverment.
It doesn't beat the lands all of the First Nations used to live on freely or the herds that could feed, clothe, use for hunting/fishing/scrapping & preparing hides for winter or the fertile lands to grow crops not to mention the tribes that were wiped out all bc THEY WERE NOT WHITE - OR THE INFANTS MURDERED WITH BOOT HEELS SO AS NOT TO WASTE AMMUNITION! OR THE LOSSES TO THE EPIDEMIC SMALLPOX...

WHAT OF THOSE? DID THEY NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE? WAS IT OKAY TO HUNT FOR SPORY TO THE POINT OF SO MUCH GREED THAT MANY SPECIES ARE EXTUNCT NOW?

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF SOMEINE CAME ALONG & BUILT THEIR HOMES OVET YOU FAMILY'S BURIAL PLOTS OR YOU RELIGIOUS GROUNDS & MURDERED YOU OR ANYONE ELSE WITH YOU IF YOU ATTEMPTED TO STOP THEM?

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR CHILDREN BRAINWASHED & THEN MURDERED IF THEY DIDN'T COMPLY TO ANOTHERS' BELIEFS OVER YOUR OWN?

HOW OKAY WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT LOSING A LARGE PART, IF NOT YOUR ENTIRE IDENITY OR HEARING TAUNTS THROWN AT YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT WHITE?

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS WERE FORCED TO LIVE ON LAND THAT ISN'T FIT TO GROW FOOD OR HUNT & IF YOU DID ATTEMPT TO HUNT OFF THAT LAND TO PREVENT YOUR FAMILY FROM STARVING YOU RAN THE RISK OF BEING MURDERED ALING WITH YOUR FAMILY TO MAKE AN EXAMPLE AS TO HOW FAR ANOTHER ETHIC FOREIGNER TO YOU WILL GO TO CONTROL "YOUR RACE?"

Not so great I'd expect tho I'm sure this will never be answered but you will think about it & maybe even have it stick so far in your mind you will have a few nightmares about it - that's just a taste of what our ancestors endured but even today the govt is STILL TRYING TO TAKE TRIBAL LANDS!

Live with that...

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes,Yes,Yes, but it says right here on your last checkup at your doctor you complained of a headache...for public saftey we have to confiscate all your guns because your headaches may be a sign of the onset of bali-bali fever which causes violent outbursts....the gestation period for bali-bali fever is 40 years, so in 40 years you can have your guns back.
More likely than not... A headache is just a headache and nothing more...

You are chasing zebras when all you really see are horses...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ya? Were your lands taken by "whites"? No they weren't. It gets old hearing about history, as if it happened yesterday, or to ANY of us. None of us are 200 years old. None of us experienced those things. None of us were slaves or owned them.

While what was done may be deplorable, I am NOT responsible for any of it. And NONE of it was done to me.

You HAVE however, grown with the same rights and responsibilities as anyone else. I am not going to feel "guilty" about history, and a history I had NO part of.

Save us the race baiting.

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love watching him on History Channel, well I did when he was on it...
Future Weapons and other shows, hes been in countless movies and his voice is so distinct
The man I knew as Dad (not my birth father; my birth father wad a mean abusive drunk & coward who was disowned by his own family bc he beat on me, went after my sibling, who I protected til emancipating & gaining legal guardianship of my sibling as a teen since our birth mother, also exhiled to a large degree for throwing her kids under the bus in order to avoid the beatings herself...) but the man I knew as Dad, was a Marine ad well. He was a ret. Master Gunnery Sgt & Drill Instructor following tours in Korea & Vietnam b4 being sent stateside to turn 'new boots' into Marines. Hwr, after graduation, he took his platoon out or had dinners at his home, usually steak & beer, where he wished them well & use their training bc he was stone-cold hard on them bc he had lost so many in war. He taught them what they needed to survive, excel, and do so alive and intact vs coming home in a pine box with a flag draped over it.

He lost men he trained but never forgot them. It took numerous trips to Arlington Cemetery b4 he was able to take me to the Vietnam Wall. He pointed out every Marine he trained who lost their lives & were on that wall.

I wrote a paper on the experience in college. My professor gave me an A+, something he never did before, or probably since;he said the retelling of those trips & finally making it to the Wall where Dad walked down pointing out each Marine & telling me tidbits about each one wad the first paper that he had ever read written by a student that left him in awe and in tears.

Dad passed away 2yrs ago this past Christmas (well, 2wks prior). He served the people ad a Marine, a State Trooper, a Detective with the police force, & even in his late 70s/early 80s, he served as a volunteer firefighter until one of his fellow firefighters found him with his dogs collapsed by the road on his daily 5mi walk. He had to have 5 stents placed in his heart & wasn't allowed to be a firefighter anymore, but his health declined drastically after he began losing his sight from glaucoma in addition to worsening heart probs that prevented him from making his usual 5mi daily walks. He & I used to meet up each morning for a 10mi run after I took my sibling-turn-son to school & before we went off to our separate jobs.

He actually introduced me to fmr Gunny Lee Emery at a military function. I used to attend the dinners & balls with Dad as his +1. I don't know how they knew each other & knew it was best not to ask; hwr, fmr Gunny Emery always struck me as an honorable man. Sure, he was a bit zealous in his beliefs but anybody who has spent any quality time with old Marine War Horses will tell you they love this country & they are very zealous when it comes to duty, honor, & protection of it even though they are far too old to return to active duty let alone going into war, but if asked, it wouldn't matter their age, they would go & gladly so as long ad it is to protect the country - not presidential flops for photo opts like the stunt Bush Junior & Cheney pulled. Old Marines retain their honor - Bush & Cheney have no honor...

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ya? Were your lands taken by "whites"? No they weren't. It gets old hearing about history, as if it happened yesterday, or to ANY of us. None of us are 200 years old. None of us experienced those things. None of us were slaves or owned them.

While what was done may be deplorable, I am NOT responsible for any of it. And NONE of it was done to me.

You HAVE however, grown with the same rights and responsibilities as anyone else. I am not going to feel "guilty" about history, and a history I had NO part of.

Save us the race baiting.
YOU ARE LIVING IT OR ARE YOU TOO IGNORANT TO SEE IT?

How many of our most priceless treasures came home in body bags & pine boxes with flags draped over them yet the media wasn't allowed to cover the 'War for Oil'?

How many kids are YOU WILLING TO BE LED TO SLAUGHTER FOR GREED?

Wake up & pay attention to something other than your video games playing on your flat screen!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The man I knew as Dad (not my birth father; my birth father wad a mean abusive drunk & coward who was disowned by his own family bc he beat on me, went after my sibling, who I protected til emancipating & gaining legal guardianship of my sibling as a teen since our birth mother, also exhiled to a large degree for throwing her kids under the bus in order to avoid the beatings herself...) but the man I knew as Dad, was a Marine ad well. He was a ret. Master Gunnery Sgt & Drill Instructor following tours in Korea & Vietnam b4 being sent stateside to turn 'new boots' into Marines. Hwr, after graduation, he took his platoon out or had dinners at his home, usually steak & beer, where he wished them well & use their training bc he was stone-cold hard on them bc he had lost so many in war. He taught them what they needed to survive, excel, and do so alive and intact vs coming home in a pine box with a flag draped over it.

He lost men he trained but never forgot them. It took numerous trips to Arlington Cemetery b4 he was able to take me to the Vietnam Wall. He pointed out every Marine he trained who lost their lives & were on that wall.

I wrote a paper on the experience in college. My professor gave me an A+, something he never did before, or probably since;he said the retelling of those trips & finally making it to the Wall where Dad walked down pointing out each Marine & telling me tidbits about each one wad the first paper that he had ever read written by a student that left him in awe and in tears.

Dad passed away 2yrs ago this past Christmas (well, 2wks prior). He served the people ad a Marine, a State Trooper, a Detective with the police force, & even in his late 70s/early 80s, he served as a volunteer firefighter until one of his fellow firefighters found him with his dogs collapsed by the road on his daily 5mi walk. He had to have 5 stents placed in his heart & wasn't allowed to be a firefighter anymore, but his health declined drastically after he began losing his sight from glaucoma in addition to worsening heart probs that prevented him from making his usual 5mi daily walks. He & I used to meet up each morning for a 10mi run after I took my sibling-turn-son to school & before we went off to our separate jobs.

He actually introduced me to fmr Gunny Lee Emery at a military function. I used to attend the dinners & balls with Dad as his +1. I don't know how they knew each other & knew it was best not to ask; hwr, fmr Gunny Emery always struck me as an honorable man. Sure, he was a bit zealous in his beliefs but anybody who has spent any quality time with old Marine War Horses will tell you they love this country & they are very zealous when it comes to duty, honor, & protection of it even though they are far too old to return to active duty let alone going into war, but if asked, it wouldn't matter their age, they would go & gladly so as long ad it is to protect the country - not presidential flops for photo opts like the stunt Bush Junior & Cheney pulled. Old Marines retain their honor - Bush & Cheney have no honor...

It is pretty apparent that you must of done some sort of writing class, I dont know many people that havent that take the time to write out something that big, correct every mistake (I do it also) and then reedit to add when you feel something is missing.
It must of been some sort of honor to meet Eremy, I try to parrot his authority and skills raising my kids :D
I am sorry to hear about your father, sounds like a hell of a man, may he have gone easy.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ha! I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe he will crawl out from under his bridge and grace us with his stupidity.
Don't be like that :p I was only suggesting he might bring a breath of fresh air. Obviously this thread could use that.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It doesn't beat the lands all of the First Nations used to live on freely or the herds that could feed, clothe, use for hunting/fishing/scrapping & preparing hides for winter or the fertile lands to grow crops not to mention the tribes that were wiped out all bc THEY WERE NOT WHITE - OR THE INFANTS MURDERED WITH BOOT HEELS SO AS NOT TO WASTE AMMUNITION! OR THE LOSSES TO THE EPIDEMIC SMALLPOX...

WHAT OF THOSE? DID THEY NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE? WAS IT OKAY TO HUNT FOR SPORY TO THE POINT OF SO MUCH GREED THAT MANY SPECIES ARE EXTUNCT NOW?

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF SOMEINE CAME ALONG & BUILT THEIR HOMES OVET YOU FAMILY'S BURIAL PLOTS OR YOU RELIGIOUS GROUNDS & MURDERED YOU OR ANYONE ELSE WITH YOU IF YOU ATTEMPTED TO STOP THEM?

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR CHILDREN BRAINWASHED & THEN MURDERED IF THEY DIDN'T COMPLY TO ANOTHERS' BELIEFS OVER YOUR OWN?

HOW OKAY WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT LOSING A LARGE PART, IF NOT YOUR ENTIRE IDENITY OR HEARING TAUNTS THROWN AT YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT WHITE?

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS WERE FORCED TO LIVE ON LAND THAT ISN'T FIT TO GROW FOOD OR HUNT & IF YOU DID ATTEMPT TO HUNT OFF THAT LAND TO PREVENT YOUR FAMILY FROM STARVING YOU RAN THE RISK OF BEING MURDERED ALING WITH YOUR FAMILY TO MAKE AN EXAMPLE AS TO HOW FAR ANOTHER ETHIC FOREIGNER TO YOU WILL GO TO CONTROL "YOUR RACE?"

Not so great I'd expect tho I'm sure this will never be answered but you will think about it & maybe even have it stick so far in your mind you will have a few nightmares about it - that's just a taste of what our ancestors endured but even today the govt is STILL TRYING TO TAKE TRIBAL LANDS!

Live with that...

Pro Tip, blaming all whites is counter productive. So is ranting in caps about it on the Internet. Where only 1 in 1 million care.

Just look at the Ban Trump petition. 2.5 million Muslims in the UK. Just over 500k signatures. And they (UK) were actually discussing something that less than 1% of the total population even cares about.

My bet, not a single Arab nation gives a f*** what Donald Trump thinks lolol

Real life is what matters. So here's another pro tip for you. It can't be found inside an IPhone.

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is pretty apparent that you must of done some sort of writing class, I dont know many people that havent that take the time to write out something that big, correct every mistake (I do it also) and then reedit to add when you feel something is missing.
It must of been some sort of honor to meet Eremy, I try to parrot his authority and skills raising my kids :D
I am sorry to hear about your father, sounds like a hell of a man, may he have gone easy.
Thank you so much. He was my hero. I miss him so much. I lost my surrogate mom coming up on 12yrs ago. She was my birth mother's oldest sister & also a Marine. Guess it explains why I've withstood so much & I'm still here, not sure how long I'll be standing tho... (4 autpimmune diseases & spinal damage w/ worsening blown left knee- both are inoperable. Docs want me in wheelchair but I can't let go just yet...) I'll keep walking until I can't.

Dad told me once we can't change the past but we sure as he'll can make we don't repeat it moving forward. Mom agreed. And, I know they are right, albeit for the same along with different reasons.

I can't undo the abuse or change so much loss of my heritage or bring back so many lost in a War for Oil; hwr, I can work to stop child abuse by paying attn & helping any who ask while cont'g to lecture at schools in the area on many subjects. I can do what I can to save tribal & sacred lands while keeping my duty to watch over the part Mother Nature was kind enough to place in my care. And, I can fight with veterans and families who will never see their loved ones again bc of the Bush/Cheney lies in addition to the torture nobody should endure, of which I can physically, emotionally, & even psychogically relate to a degree. I think Mom& Dad are glad that like them, I stand for those who can't stand for themselves along with those who need more voices to be heard.

I don't think it's too much to ask of anybody. Besides, it's tiring to know this country supposedly had so much yet ppl are dying bc they can't make rent, must choose btw life-saving meds & food still (NC, like others, refused the INSURE EVERYONE PROGRAM.) Healthy ppl go to work & miss less of it, kids miss less school, & epidemics are fewer bc they can be stopped early. People shouldn't have to live with a price tag on their health. ERs aren't primary care & cost country billions that can be better spent everywhere, esp on reservations where those who refuse to give up their way of life for thousands of years are dirt poor & dying bc they are in crap land whites' didn't want bc it's not viable land.

All these problems are fixable. People just need to get their heads outta their asses, as Dad used to say, and help someone bc we are the only ones who can. He spent a lifetime proving it. He served others practically until the day he crossed over. I'm proud of him for it.

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pro Tip, blaming all whites is counter productive. So is ranting in caps about it on the Internet. Where only 1 in 1 million care.

Just look at the Ban Trump petition. 2.5 million Muslims in the UK. Just over 500k signatures. And they (UK) were actually discussing something that less than 1% of the total population even cares about.

My bet, not a single Arab nation gives a f*** what Donald Trump thinks lolol

Real life is what matters. So here's another pro tip for you. It can't be found inside an IPhone.
I wouldn't know bc I don't have a g-d iPhone! The cost of one is more rhan my damn mortgage & I'll be damned if I spend more on a phone when I could pay an extra principle payment on my mortgage!

Perhaps your the one who needs to rethink your comments....

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wouldn't know bc I don't have a g-d iPhone! The cost of one is more rhan my damn mortgage & I'll be damned if I spend more on a phone when I could pay an extra principle payment on my mortgage!

Perhaps your the one who needs to rethink your comments....

See what I mean. Anger is your worst enemy.

You have a mortgage. And the homeless would give anything to have your problems right now.

Yet, here you are. Venting on a vaping forum. The world has REAL problems. Suicide is up over 30% in Alberta. Because people can't pay their mortgage or feed their family.

It goes without saying. Their wives and kids wished they had your problems.

Perception is everything.

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

You have a mortgage. And the homeless would give anything to have your problems right now.

Yet, here you are. Venting on a vaping forum. The world has REAL problems. Suicide is up over 30% in Alberta. Because people can't pay their mortgage or feed their family.

Not that it's any if ur GD business, but I've paid this mortgage for right at 20 years now & for the last 8 yrs, I've done so on barely $1000 a month while raising 2 children here. I budget down to the penny. Granted, I was 34 credits from a double major in business management & accounting but I was a savvy investor when I had to leave my job then went back to work from home as an MT (Medical Transcriptionist) while breaking the hearts of 2 dear friends. One was a judge who offered to help me get into law school bc I picked up grunt work w/art us & even worked on a murder case for a court-appointed atty & b4 that served as my own atty & won a few cases in my own by studying law just bc I found it interesting & knew more than many paralegals. The other hoped I'd go into medical school bc btw my medical knowledge - passed down by elders in my Native American family & I wasn't squeamish about blood. I chose what I could pay for bc I wasn't born rich; hwr, when you work waitressing, busing tables, in tobacco, on shrimp trawlers, & even hustling pool to buy groceries so your sibling doesn't starve & there is money for school clothes, supplies, lunch money, etc bc u can't depend on ur birth parents u tend to het wise quick & budget like hell. I have spent much of my life working 2, 3, 4 & even 5 jobs just to ensure there's food, vehicle, apt, private school w/tutors bc ur sibling turn son is dyslexic tho ur birth parents would rather believe him challenged, u do what's necessary to get him mainstreamed & caught up as well as in therapy along with yourself after having shit beat out of you on a daily basis!

I'm sorry you aren't that smart but as a wise man said to me, I'll tell you, you are never to old to go back to college! It kept me working another 15-18yrs until I was diagnosed w/4.. count them: 1, 2, 3, 4 autoimmune diseases that will ultimately kill you & you can't keep up the 125-129wpm speeds you can't stay in the field and that doesn't even cover the excruciating pain or meds you try not to throw up bc they help control the symptoms but there is no cure... you invest what you stash back wisely & hope its enough!

After some 20yrs w/o a late payment yet, I think I've done well for someone who worked to support a child practically since birth then took beatings to save that kid and at just over 16yrs old, you emancipate & take that my child as your own, you have lived a full life, not to mention having a long term marriage then suddenly he is on an operating table and nearly died just getting that far but you keep go ung bc nobody is going to do it for you!

Grow up, get a life, work & save & invest then budget to the penny every month with only 1 vice you have had most of your life left bc you can't afford vintage wines or 50yo fine scotch or fine dining with multiple courses but nevertheless, you teach your children so they will fit in on a bar stool as comfortably as a dining hall with high-end ppl while you're served 12-14 courses & actually know the right silverware to use along with the proper way to tell a decent wine or espresso from crap bc you attended many visits to wine country & roasting houses during private VIP cuppings....

Don't piss in my sandbox and I won't piss in yours. I know what it's like to be poor and homeless; I know what it's like to have extra beyond survinh but not so much that I didn't put back for rainy days!

You should have learned these lessons in 9th grade economics or the public library! College helps but it's not the only venue for expanding your mind. You should try it sometime. It might help.

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

FYI: I'm not angry. I just hate stupidity when it's unecessary and esp when it is presumed of me when you know nothing about me.

You spoke of an iPhone, I imagine a lot of ppl eould like a phone of any kind as well and not necessarily an iPhone!

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Perception is bullshit; knowledge is where the real power resides.

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much. He was my hero. I miss him so much. I lost my surrogate mom coming up on 12yrs ago. She was my birth mother's oldest sister & also a Marine. Guess it explains why I've withstood so much & I'm still here, not sure how long I'll be standing tho... (4 autpimmune diseases & spinal damage w/ worsening blown left knee- both are inoperable. Docs want me in wheelchair but I can't let go just yet...) I'll keep walking until I can't.

Dad told me once we can't change the past but we sure as he'll can make we don't repeat it moving forward. Mom agreed. And, I know they are right, albeit for the same along with different reasons.

I can't undo the abuse or change so much loss of my heritage or bring back so many lost in a War for Oil; hwr, I can work to stop child abuse by paying attn & helping any who ask while cont'g to lecture at schools in the area on many subjects. I can do what I can to save tribal & sacred lands while keeping my duty to watch over the part Mother Nature was kind enough to place in my care. And, I can fight with veterans and families who will never see their loved ones again bc of the Bush/Cheney lies in addition to the torture nobody should endure, of which I can physically, emotionally, & even psychogically relate to a degree. I think Mom& Dad are glad that like them, I stand for those who can't stand for themselves along with those who need more voices to be heard.

I don't think it's too much to ask of anybody. Besides, it's tiring to know this country supposedly had so much yet ppl are dying bc they can't make rent, must choose btw life-saving meds & food still (NC, like others, refused the INSURE EVERYONE PROGRAM.) Healthy ppl go to work & miss less of it, kids miss less school, & epidemics are fewer bc they can be stopped early. People shouldn't have to live with a price tag on their health. ERs aren't primary care & cost country billions that can be better spent everywhere, esp on reservations where those who refuse to give up their way of life for thousands of years are dirt poor & dying bc they are in crap land whites' didn't want bc it's not viable land.

All these problems are fixable. People just need to get their heads outta their asses, as Dad used to say, and help someone bc we are the only ones who can. He spent a lifetime proving it. He served others practically until the day he crossed over. I'm proud of him for it.

I took the req'd classes & my professor wanted me to change colleges bc I have a gift when it comes to writing. My phone's speech can't keep up with my keying at times so I miss some things but feel them oft if missed.

I am published & did some consulting on 2 books along with working with non-profits. I had my own column for 4yrs but had to give it up. The flares, spinal pain, arthritis, etc just doesn't allow for enough time & I no longer type 125-129wpm with 99.9998% accuracy anymore. :( but I do stay as active as possible when my body allows.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I

You know, I have him ignored so talking shit is kind of a bitch move. I'll edit my post
No I didn't know that lol
I actually kinda like him. He's a little rough around the edges. But you can always count on him speaking his mind. Whether you like it or not. :p

And he gets my humor lol

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Live with that...

There is so much fucking stupid in that post it's hard to know where to begin.....I mean you live in a fucking fantsy world.

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is so much fucking stupid in that post it's hard to know where to begin.....I mean you live in a fucking fantsy world.
It's called the real world where people actually pay attn to the family elders rather run away from their history; it's a real world where people actually believe in taking time with the old ones to learn before so much information is lost.

As for the theft of tribal lands & the decimation of tribes as well as many animals laid to waste for the fur or skins so you can have your fancy boots or purse, that's fact. If you don't believe me, read REAL NATIVE AMERICAN HISTORY - NOT THE COVERUPS THAT LANDED IN THE PAGES OF GRADE SCHOOL TEXTBOOKS.

You also need to spend more time away from video games in front of the flat screen and more time in real books.

And people wonder why so many kids today feel such a disconnect from family - this is a prime example. I'm not in a fantasy world. That's your playground, not mine.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Not having iPhones and iPads would be absolutely devastating to me...

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never been Spory hunting. Are they tasty?
Cute... I made the comment that the reader on my phone doesn't always keep up with the text... NO IPHONE BECAUSE I PREFER MY HOME OVER AN OVER-PRICED CELL PHONE.

How many times have you hunted for sport but left the meat to rot? It is why there are so many animal species going extinct or are alteady.

Much of that occurred here immediately after the invasion of English on land 'that wasn't discovered, people already inhabited it!'

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here, sounds like you need a little "stress relief"...

tumblr_mukrorUPZe1qe0gimo1_500.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O
It's called the real world where people actually pay attn to the family elders rather run away from their history; it's a real world where people actually believe in taking time with the old ones to learn before so much information is lost.

As for the theft of tribal lands & the decimation of tribes as well as many animals laid to waste for the fur or skins so you can have your fancy boots or purse, that's fact. If you don't believe me, read REAL NATIVE AMERICAN HISTORY - NOT THE COVERUPS THAT LANDED IN THE PAGES OF GRADE SCHOOL TEXTBOOKS.

You also need to spend more time away from video games in front of the flat screen and more time in real books.

And people wonder why so many kids today feel such a disconnect from family - this is a prime example. I'm not in a fantasy world. That's your playground, not mine.

O.K. I'll give it a shot....get a fucking grip.....first off I am mixed blood on both sides of my family tree....my mother's family is from Oklahoma, and yes I do have ancestors that were on the Trail of Tears..Indians had been killing each other in great big bloody batches long before whitey showed up and continued to...do the tribes eradicated by say the Azrecs really give a fuck if they were annhiliated by a white spainiard, or a red aztec....did the Apaches who were killed and sold into slavery in the slave markets of Taos really find any solace in the fact it was a commanche who sold them into slavery....although I don't like it anymore than you do this is the nature of mankind ...all mankind and it doesn't seem to be ending any time soon...enough with the smallpox crap already..smallpox killed whites right alongside red people and black people and brown people...it' a disease not a genocidal plot....fuck the black plauge came from Asia and killed 1 out of every three europeans one third of the population gone..you don't hear europeans thinking it's some genocidal plot, or that it wasn't "fair" their continient was devestaed by it, they don't hold asians responsible in anyway for the plauge....and what's all this nonsense about hunting animals and making clothes like Indians are going to WANT to go back to that shit...American Indians have all the freedom in the world to live a traditional life, the majority choose not to, they want brand new pick ups, they want TV and xbox and mtv and the rest of the materialist bullshit...try and take an Indian kids video game away from him see what happens.seriuosly you think Innuit hunters want to give up their snow mobile, their outboard motors, their hunting rifles and scopes,binoculars.....you act as though conquest is unique to Indians it isn't every people has been conqured...that is why the lesson every people shoiuld learn is .."Woe the vanquished"....As for how the United States goverment treated with alot of the tribes.....yeah they were some right bloody fuckers, and their whole agenda was total domination, but then their policy was the total domination of all the people not just the red people...The Federal Goverment of the U.S. acted and continues to act in a criminal way.But then the US goverment has fucked over the entire population..how many wars have people of all races mostly white had to go and die and kill for...and why...so a small hand full of uber rich fucks could amass more power more wealth...the war on the tribes like the war on the south, like the war on labor...were all about a hand full of bankers and corporations exploiting the wealth of the entire contineient and people..as Russell Means an ex spokesman for The American Indian Movement says...we are all living on the Rez.
Yeah I know what it's like to be hounded and have to fight for being of another race I grew up as what people like you call white, in the middle of a chicano barrio, the schools I went to were 75% chicano and the rest was an equal group of whites and Indians....got in alot of fight with alot of knuckel dragging inbred cholo scum, but then I realized people likje that don't need a reason to be assholes, race is just the excuse they used to be an asshole to me...almost all my friends were chicanos and they were being fucked with by the same scumbags...so race was never really the issue.
Yeah I also have ancestors from Ireland, and I have seen their language driven into obscurity, their religon outlawed, their language outlawed...
But the thing you fail to mention, and people like you fail to mention is the single biggest reason for the decline in the numbers of American Imdians is....intermarrige...if tribal membership relied on being full blood, many tribes wouldn't exist...as a matter of fact at the time of the trail of tears the leading Cherokke leader..Chief Ridge..was half white.The Cherokke among all the tribes has always intermarried with the whites.The first census taken in the US when the result came in where flabbergasted by the low number of American Indians and couldn't account for it...but at the next census they asked the people if they were mixed bloods, and the number was massive.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had an Android phone I took to Prague a few years ago. I needed to use it at the airport to call the hotel and tell them to send a limo, as I had arrived early. I couldn't get it to connect to a network. Fortunately I took an old iPhone 3GS that trip as backup, popped the SIM, put it in the iPhone, and voila, I had service. Gave away the Android powered phone later that day and bought an iPhone 4 at iStyle and SIM at T-mobile...

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whole lot of "what the fuck" going on in here but at a glance "whitey is the devil" seems to be the general consensus. Lol
Just like Facebook in here.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors