Become a Patron!

Mason 40mm RDA and 40mm Dumptank

Fusari805

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, I'm fairly new to RDA's and RTA's and vaping in general but threw myself in at the deep end. I recently bought a Smok GX 350 mod with a TFV12 tank but have just ordered a Mason 40mm RDA and a Mason 40mm dumptank. Anybody have any advice on coil building on either of these two?

I'll post some pics when they arrive, hopefully Thursay! And I'll update any decent builds and how I find them.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your 40mm atomizers will rest on the raised screen of the GX350, scratch it up, sit crooked, and generally look like shit on this mod, is what I can tell you.

Fusari805

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks a lot for the advice. Was worried about that screen and hoped to put a thin spacer to avoid it being scratched. Any recommendations on a decent Mod to put it in?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anything with a wide enough area around the 510 connector for the oversize atomizers to rest on flat without overhang. I'm not into big atties at all, but the Lost Vape Drone comes to mind. I've seen pictures of the Dumptank on it and it don't look half bad.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good choice on the GX350 by the way: this mod is one of my favorites - with a reasonably sized atomizer at least :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Any recommendations on a decent Mod to put it in?
Check out the Vaperz Cloud Hammer of God v3. It's only natural the fact it'll be a match made in heaven seeing as Vapergate and Vaperz Cloud are very close friends to oneanother. :)

Fusari805

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Check out the Vaperz Cloud Hammer of God v3. It's only natural the fact it'll be a match made in heaven seeing as Vapergate and Vaperz Cloud are very close friends to oneanother. :)
Thank you. Looks like the perfect mod, worth investing in since I've ordered 2 40mm tanks. This is an expensive hobby!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. Looks like the perfect mod, worth investing in since I've ordered 2 40mm tanks. This is an expensive hobby!
Tell me about it... where I live (Belgium) it's even far more expensive than the U.S. and since I started vaping three months ago I have spent way over $2k on vaping gear alone so not even counting the juices. But I am deeply in love with my 27mm Mason Advocate RDA right now because it's such an incredibly relaxing and tasty vape, it's so easy to build on, and it looks brilliant... I mean... would you just look at it! :cool:

surric-jpg.79341

Last edited:

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First thing that came up in my mind aswell, maybe not the best choice for him considering he just started with rda/rta's.
If u end up choosing for the HoG v3 make sure to read up on ohms law ;)

Fusari805

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, I've been looking at the HOG DNA 250 as it's slightly safer for someone of my experience according to someone on the phone at evolution vaping. I just e mailed evolutionvaping.co.uk to see if they are expecting any new stock as they are sold out on their website..... can't see any other UK stockists. If not it's gonna have to be the HOG v3 and a lot of research into the ohms law and the safety aspect. My tanks are due to arrive tomorrow

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, I'm fairly new to RDA's and RTA's and vaping in general but threw myself in at the deep end. I recently bought a Smok GX 350 mod with a TFV12 tank but have just ordered a Mason 40mm RDA and a Mason 40mm dumptank. Anybody have any advice on coil building on either of these two?

I'll post some pics when they arrive, hopefully Thursay! And I'll update any decent builds and how I find them.
I use on my Voltrove ... 4mm (8) wraps ss316L (3) core and one exterior core..... Ohming for a pair around .11 to .15
d9fb22d55e81f680d835a8eae34b818a.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 40 mm dump will fit on the Boxer mod, just make sure you wrap the mod with a towel, I haven't read of a single person not having the tank leak like a sieve.

Fusari805

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. I'm off out for the day today but will look them both up tonight. Been researching ohms law and pretty happy with it, really like the hammer of God and am pretty sure I'm gonna order it on Friday when I get paid for delivery Saturday. ÂŁ150 in acid purple or purpleasure space or ÂŁ170 in brass. The acid purple seemed prone to paintwork chips around the edges from the few videos I saw on youtube. Assume the purple space would be the same. Not sure if the brass would be any better? They were the only 3 colours aviable in the UK I could find

Fusari805

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just called the supplier and found the brass is actual solid brass not just a brass finish so should stand up better to wear and tear. Think I'm gonna go for that instead of the painted finishes

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Going for the brass one is not done without also getting the Purge Mods 34mm Head Shot RDA. :D

Fusari805

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Going for the brass one is not done without also getting the Purge Mods 34mm Head Shot RDA. :D

Looks good but at ÂŁ145 it's out of my price range for a little while at least.
Starting up this vaping has cost me more than I'd wish to tell my other half!

Fusari805

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Currently running at .9 ohms 350w

Pleased with it so far, can't wait for HOG V3 on saturday. Gonna get a higher ohm build ready for when it arrives.

Yet to try the Dumptank

Attachments

• 20170420_172455.jpg
    20170420_172455.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170420_172523.jpg
    20170420_172523.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 13

Fusari805

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Built the dumb tank at .66 ohms, vape beautifully. Slight leak around the airholes at the bottom probably due to bad wicking but absolutely love the vape from it

Attachments

• 20170420_232119.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20170420_231852.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 20170420_230940.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, you should leave a small amount of spacing between the wicks and the edges around the air holes at the bottom to prevent the Mason Dumptank from leaking. (Recently I came across some old picture that was explaining this, it was posted on Vapergate's own Instagram channel.)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went ahead and bought this, my headaches went away.....
3cf85dca13f41de222dfd4f104242ee5.jpg

Fusari805

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, you should leave a small amount of spacing between the wicks and the edges around the air holes at the bottom to prevent the Mason Dumptank from leaking. (Recently I came across some old picture that was explaining this, it was posted on Vapergate's own Instagram channel.)

Thanks for the advice, was leaking terribly! I drained what was left of the juice out and will try and set it up again on Sunday when I get some time. The RDA is back on for now, ordered my HOG v3 this morning for delivery tomorrow

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the advice, was leaking terribly! I drained what was left of the juice out and will try and set it up again on Sunday when I get some time. The RDA is back on for now, ordered my HOG v3 this morning for delivery tomorrow
In a couple of days when the cotton settles and gets real saturated, it will leak again..... The thing just leaks....

Fusari805

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Just got home, dismantled the Dumptank and found one of the wicks was literally hanging over the airhole, would definitely have caused it to leak! Gonna reassemble and try again

Attachments

• 20170421_223317.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

Fusari805

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Arrived today, very pleased so far!

Attachments

• 20170422_223007.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20170422_222958.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20170422_220221.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay, now I'm curios. Compared to an original Merlin or an RDA, how's the flavor?

Will this work on a g2?

Your 40mm atomizers will rest on the raised screen of the GX350, scratch it up, sit crooked, and generally look like shit on this mod, is what I can tell you.
I dont know what you talking about ive been running my 40mm mason dump tank on the gx 350 since the mod came out and i havent had on issue yet

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the screen on my GX350 isn't flush. It's 0.01 - 0.02" above the 510. If I screw on an atty that's too wide, it catches on the bevel on one side and sits slightly crooked in the 510 socket.

VU Sponsors