Become a Patron!

may have burnt my coil, need help with settings!

MissTango

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hello there!
so I'm feeling stupid, 3 days ago I put in a new ss316 coil for my crown tank on my evic mini
and I've been messing around with TC settings and PowerMode and trying out some TCR settings.
I've gone though 2 tanks of juice and after spending an hour or so looking up others preferred settings I'm worried I burned the thing. I'm getting a weird taste with my Unicorn Puke juice.
So...
what settings do you all recommend for the
ni200 coil
ss .5 coil?

I've fond with my first coil in Powermode I never went over 60w
and in TC never over 440f and again 60w
I'm thinking of trying the ni200 and I know it's TC only
or should I just change settings and stick to the ss .5 one I have in.

thank you in advace and sorry for my stupidity
side note: I'm iffy on trying the .25 coil only because evic only goes to 75w and I feel like it will get to hot for me.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the crown tank all the time. The 0.25 coils go up way higher than I ever use, but I generally run those at around 60 watts and the 0.5 coils at around 50-55 watts in power mode. I don't bother with the Ni200 coil - not my favorite for flavor!

These coils need careful priming to work well though:

I do find though that these coils don't last that long. Once you get that burned flavor it's time to toss it!

MissTango

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use the crown tank all the time. The 0.25 coils go up way higher than I ever use, but I generally run those at around 60 watts and the 0.5 coils at around 50-55 watts in power mode. I don't bother with the Ni200 coil - not my favorite for flavor!

These coils need careful priming to work well though:

I do find though that these coils don't last that long. Once you get that burned flavor it's time to toss it!

i actually watched that video to prime this coil lol
I was trying to keep it in TC mode to keep the battery longer.

MissTango

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Um I'm actually having a new problem too.
I just updated the evic mini firmware to the newest and now whatever I set the wattage to, as I use it it will drop
ie say I set it to 55w it drops to 48w and I get nothing out of it, what do I do?!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you have it in TC mode before? If so, take off the tank, unlock the locked resistance, put it back on power mode and put the tank back on.

MissTango

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you have it in TC mode before? If so, take off the tank, unlock the locked resistance, put it back on power mode and put the tank back on.
locked resistance? the little lock symbol?
well right now it's telling me "new coil right, same coil left"
I don't even know what that means -_-

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
locked resistance? the little lock symbol?
well right now it's telling me "new coil right, same coil left"
I don't even know what that means -_-
I'm fairly sure this is all explained in the little manual that came with the Evic VTC:p Yes, the little lock shows the resistance is locked. Unlock it. And select new coil means this is not a tank you just took off and refilled - it has a different coil. So select 'new coil.'

MissTango

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm fairly sure this is all explained in the little manual that came with the Evic VTC:p Yes, the little lock shows the resistance is locked. Unlock it. And select new coil means this is not a tank you just took off and refilled - it has a different coil. So select 'new coil.'

oh yeah no it wasn't locked. I lost my little manual :(
oh ok I'll try that thank you

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
hrm - have not done the new firmware update yet - going to do a little surfing and see if there are any known recurring issues

MissTango

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hrm - have not done the new firmware update yet - going to do a little surfing and see if there are any known recurring issues
I downgraded it to a 2. Something so im not having as many issues but please let me know if you find anything, thank you

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I downgraded it to a 2. Something so im not having as many issues but please let me know if you find anything, thank you
will do - out of town at the moment on vacation, but will return to the vape cave this evening - will see what i can find :)

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
no worries - so far, only oddball thing i am finding (online) about the update is setting the tc coil mode is a little different (now, coil type Ni, Ti, SS is a sub menu under TC) but not seeing specific issues with performance noted - were you able to get it into SS mode specifically on the 3.03 update?

VU Sponsors