Become a Patron!

Maybe killed a battery?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think one of my Samsung 25Rs has bitten the big one, but I'm really quite puzzled about it. It didn't act strange or misbehave in any way, but when I picked up one of mky CF4-75w-18650s today, the thing was completely dead, so I took out the battery, it looks just fine, so I put it on the Xtar. for a minute it just went back and forth, then finally said "0%" and started charging at .5A, and it said it would take 6 hrs 59 mins to charge. I then put it on the Luc2, and it said it was at 2.1, then 2.2v -- at least a whole volt lower than a fully discharged battery really ought to be. I put it back in the Xtar, because I know they're safer, and can sometimes revive an over-discharged battery, but I think this one is really gone; now it says 15 hrs and some odd minutes. :facepalm: Anyone else seen the CF4-18650s misbehaving like this? I had no indication that the mod was firing whatever, but somehow, overnight, it completely discharged that battery, far past where it should have stopped.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Or the battery just died? Which is not common but possible.

Could be, but I think I'll start turning that mod completely off, when I'm going to bed or out of the house. I've had a mod before that developed such a significant "background" use, it would drain the battery even when turned off, and I'd like to know if this one is doing that kind of thing. The other one was an iStick30, so the whole mod was fubar since the battery was integral.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be, but I think I'll start turning that mod completely off, when I'm going to bed or out of the house. I've had a mod before that developed such a significant "background" use, it would drain the battery even when turned off, and I'd like to know if this one is doing that kind of thing. The other one was an iStick30, so the whole mod was fubar since the battery was integral.

Andria
Probably actually a good idea with all mods.

VU Sponsors