Become a Patron!

Mech clone contact pin question for the experts. :)

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good day everyone, first time posting in this section. I did a search and looked through about 5 pages of threads trying to see if this question was answered or not, found nothing. Alright, I have a tube mod (tobecco clone) that has a copper 510 pin and bottom button contact (don't know the name for that part) and I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to find silver contacts for both to improve the mech? All opinions are answers are appreciated, thank you.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love silver contacts especially rhodium plated silver...there are not to many mods that use silver contacts and there is a guy I came across I forget where that was making silver contacts for a few competiton mods...you can go get your contacts silver plated, but I have no idea how much that is I'd imagine it is not cost effective..I know I had a GP Paps that you could buy a silver contact upgrade kit...I don't know if there are many mods you can find silver contacts for if you find any let us know....but yeah if you find them snap them up it is really worth it in performance.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As long as you keep the copper clean it works 99.999% as well as silver.

silver also requires cleaning.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you both Cromwell and pulsevape for the info. I guess for now I will just look into the cleaning of contact points and daily upkeep for the mech, and just keep my eyes open on silver contacts if I ever run across them by chance.

VU Sponsors