Become a Patron!

Mech mod dual coil suggestions?

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got a FU Hattan and some cloud chasing atties. I've built dual micro coils with 28 ga kanthal. I have some 26 Ga kanthal too but I haven't built anything with it yet. I'm running EFest 18650 20 amp 3100mAh or 2500mAh 30amp batteries. How low can I go?

I'm ready to try some parallel builds, maybe macro builds, I've tried twisted 28 builds, I've done Claptons.

Suggestions for next dual coil build for the mech mod? Target resistance? Wire gauge?

I use Steam Engine and I've watched a bunch of build videos but I don't really know what I'm doing - What should I aim for now? Remember, safety last - er, FIRST!!! Thanks humans!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, a .2ohm coil will draw 21 amps and give you 88 watts of power..Of course as you vape on it ,that will keep dropping in power.

.2 is pretty low and some consider that the lowest one should go but some do go lower....With a sony vtc4 which is a true 30 amp continuous battery it will draw 21 amps from your cell fully charged...so this leaves you with some safety room.

Obviously thats not how low you want to go with a 20 amp battery..

Why not start out simple and try .5 ohm and see how you like it...work your way down as you learn more and get a better battery for the purpose.

I personally wont go below a .4 on my 20 amp batteries.

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With some 26g you should be able to reach a .4 range.

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, a .2ohm coil will draw 21 amps and give you 88 watts of power..Of course as you vape on it ,that will keep dropping in power.

.2 is pretty low and some consider that the lowest one should go but some do go lower....With a sony vtc4 which is a true 30 amp continuous battery it will draw 21 amps from your cell fully charged...so this leaves you with some safety room.

Obviously thats not how low you want to go with a 20 amp battery..

Why not start out simple and try .5 ohm and see how you like it...work your way down as you learn more and get a better battery for the purpose.

I personally wont go below a .4 on my 20 amp batteries.

Nice rules of thumb and thanks for the reasons why!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The efest 2500 purple battery i would trust as far as being 20 amps...the other efest i would question, personally...it may be a true 20 amp battery but i trust LG cells (efest 2500) way way more than a possible re wrap of an unknown cell.

Sugardonut

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would just stay in the .3 ohm and above until you use a vw mod with a parallel series. When you do and if you do get one vaping at .1ohm is fun. Try the zipper coil build or a simple staggered clap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugardonut

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh forgot just keep in mind that with these macro builds your going to drain your bat way faster especially in the parallel builds. And try and have an atty that has an easy building space for the multiple wraps you will be doing for the coils since your going to have larger coils. Try twisted 26g and Clapton with a ribbon wire or twisted 26/24 with ribbon. Might need like 7- 9 wraps though depending if your using a 2.5 or 3 mm drill bit and it does take time for it to heat up.

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would just stay in the .3 ohm and above until you use a vw mod with a parallel series. When you do and if you do get one vaping at .1ohm is fun. Try the zipper coil build or a simple staggered clap.

When you say that I understand a variable wattage mod, but do they have a parallel button? Whaddaya mean?
All my VW mods are DNA-40 devices..... not a lot of wattage available.

VU Sponsors