Become a Patron!

Mech Mod Firing Very Slow

Hey guys I have this royal hunter RDA with clapton coils with Efest 18650s, the RDA runs fine on my sigeli 150 but when i throw it on my Phantom mech by Wotofo it fires really slow. I have to hold the firing pin for about 8 seconds to have any vape come off the coils. A few months ago when i got it, it has worked fine. I tried switching out different pins and springs but nothing seems to help. Anyone know how to fix this?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of CLAPTONS?
CLAPTONS requires a lot of AMPS from ur batts dude, single 18650 won't cut it..
Stick with the og sig 150 before u blow ur face off...

Vape On

What kind of CLAPTONS?
CLAPTONS requires a lot of AMPS from ur batts dude, single 18650 won't cut it..
Stick with the og sig 150 before u blow ur face off...

Vape On
It isnt the coils ive had regular 6 wrap coils on it before and running fine until recently, 3 wrap parralels as well

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It isnt the coils ive had regular 6 wrap coils on it before and running fine until recently, 3 wrap parralels as well
I thought you said CLAPTONS??
Like what I said CLAPTONS require a lot of AMPS from ur battery, the ramp time on CLAPTONS is slow, and that's why it takes you 8 seconds to ramp them up,
Parallel coils have fast ramp time and that's why you ran them ok...
If u gonna do CLAPTONS use regulated device... For ur own safety... Or if u use mechs,make sure ur batts are 25R and up,, it's a must bro...

Vape On

I thought you said CLAPTONS??
Like what I said CLAPTONS require a lot of AMPS from ur battery, the ramp time on CLAPTONS is slow, and that's why it takes you 8 seconds to ramp them up,
Parallel coils have fast ramp time and that's why you ran them ok...
If u gonna do CLAPTONS use regulated device... For ur own safety... Or if u use mechs,make sure ur batts are 25R and up,, it's a must bro...

Vape On
When i first bought this i had parallels in running fine but after i went to my sig and came back i had the same parallels and it was messing up like ramping extremely slow etc, I just tried regular 6 wrap and same problem

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When i first bought this i had parallels in running fine but after i went to my sig and came back i had the same parallels and it was messing up like ramping extremely slow etc, I just tried regular 6 wrap and same problem
Check ur batts

Vape On

DrWoolyCloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Clean up the connections maybe? Or lightly sand them on any contact points

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Mechs put out way less steady power than regulated mods do.
A mech will never put out above 4.2 volts and it steadily drops from the first vape.
Maybe your expectations are too high?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What's the resistance on your build bro ? Chances are you're exceeding the amp limit on those POS eFests.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He could have gotten one of the shit efest batteries. Advertising at 35amps, when in reality they were re-wrapped LG MH1 10amp flashlight batteries. Not to mention, the re-wraps were probably factory rejects. Using claptons on one of these batteries, the voltage would drop to nothing almost immediately. Stick to brand names like LG, & Samsung. Efest doesn't make batteries. The only thing they make are the pretty purple wrappers with exaggerated specs printed on them. Ironic too, that efest uses a flame shooting out of the logo.. lol

http://imgur.com/a/72jGz

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...0u/an_open_letter_to_efestyouve_gone_too_far/

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If you take a few hits off it, drop out the battery, and the battery is hot to the touch then you need to tone it down a little.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mechs put out way less steady power than regulated mods do.
A mech will never put out above 4.2 volts and it steadily drops from the first vape.
Maybe your expectations are too high?

Unless it's a series mod @ 8.4V, my Noisy Cricket ramps up Clapton's in no time. My sweet spot for it is a pair of 30x2/34 fused Clapton's at .8 Ohm

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys I have this royal hunter RDA with clapton coils with Efest 18650s, the RDA runs fine on my sigeli 150 but when i throw it on my Phantom mech by Wotofo it fires really slow. I have to hold the firing pin for about 8 seconds to have any vape come off the coils. A few months ago when i got it, it has worked fine. I tried switching out different pins and springs but nothing seems to help. Anyone know how to fix this?

Get rid of the eFest batteries, they're just re-wrapped batteries with highly exaggerated ratings. Get yourself some authentic Sony or Samsung's before you have the shit eFest vent on you. I'd also lay money on it that the performance (as long as you build correctly) will improve

VU Sponsors