Become a Patron!

Mech or VW while driving

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all
Was wondering which mod to use while driving..this might seem like an odd question but here in CA there is a law called distracted driving.. A cop seeing me holding a box mod might mistake it for a cell phone and pull me over..and still get a possible distracted driving ticket...
I was at my local shop when a UPS driver came in for juice..I asked him about his chosen XXIX mech and if he liked it..He stated he uses a box mod at home but uses a mech on the road because its more stealthy and doesn't get much attention from cops looking to write tickets..tickets would go against his CDL and could cost him his job..I was thinking I should use a mech too while driving..what do you guys think?

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I take a small, stealthy, regulated mod with a Nautilus or Mega whenever I drive and especially at work. The capacity of the tank will last me all day without having to refill. Usually on an iStick which replaced my MVP2 as my everyday carry around mod. Fit's real nice in the front pocket of my slacks as well. Normally, the only time I use a mech is for dripping and that isn't a realistic or convenient way for me to vape when driving or at work. I've yet to have a cop give me a second look...

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I guess if a cop sees you changing menu options on your mod, then yeah, I guess that would be considered distracted driving more than the actual act of vaping the device.

If you can set and forget your regulated device, then I don't see a problem with getting pulled over.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a good idea you gave me Spike..to use a tank while driving..I just installed the Atlantis with the 7ml A-Mod tank on my own XXIX mech..
Its more stealthy than my IPV3
and eliminates the need to re-drip...hits pretty good too..I think I'll try it out next time I have to drive anywhere.. Thx for the tip!
4b37a932846f7a3d77a90eda03bfc389.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Perhaps a Chana mod or even a Vamo in short mode?

Keep it small and then set it and forget it in VW mode so you don't have to Futz with it while driving.

With a good RBA tank or even a cleromizer?

And if the freaking cops are so pissy about it, take a look out of your mirrors before taking a vape?

Or since you are in California, tell them it is a medical device to deliver pot?

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i dunno.. i drip and drive.. never had any issues..
i'd be lost with a vv/vw

but better to be safe than sorry..

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i dont like driving around with mechs

i used to drive around alot with my hana dna30 clone, i switched to a istick, its small and is covered my my hand. But i have also driven around with my sigelei150.

hasnt been a concern of mine, when i first started vaping i was more concerned about getting pulled over for thinking it was drugs

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I take my istick and bella tank with me. I just put it in my shirt pocket and no one sees it.

skocha361

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use a dripper on a mech atm, but it's getting old. I drive a manual and, between dripping and shifting gears at lights, it's a bit of a bitch. Got a Kayfun v4 clone and iStick 50w on the way soon.

If you're using the same topper, I don't see much difference unless you've got an octa-26650 box that takes 2 hands to hold and fire.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a dripper on a mech atm, but it's getting old. I drive a manual and, between dripping and shifting gears at lights, it's a bit of a bitch. Got a Kayfun v4 clone and iStick 50w on the way soon.

If you're using the same topper, I don't see much difference unless you've got an octa-26650 box that takes 2 hands to hold and fire.
I also drive a stick and dripping is a messy hassle..@spike mentioned about using a tank, and to make it more stealthy than using a dual batt box mod driving, I installed the Atlantis on my XXIX mech..it hits pretty good on a fully charged 18650 and I'm anxious to see how it is behind the wheel..its hard to drip and shift gears too, at least its that way with me..lol

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i feel like the odd one here..
i have the atlantis, and a big budda..
but not happy with either of them..
so i drip and drive.. red lights i drip more..
i think it might just be me.. not sure.. :(

i really wanted a tank.. its just something that would be cool..
but i love my max vg normally at 95% and higher..
it makes my juices taste muted and funky..
and i dont do any vendor juice.. not often.. last time i bought was 2 years ago..

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

and i dont do any vendor juice.. not often.. last time i bought was 2 years ago..
Well smokey I don't know why your unhappy with the Atlantis.. You got to remember this is a sub ohm coil and it really shines at wattages above 30w on a VW devise Its awesome on a fully charged mech at 4.1v...(35w)
Some people probly don't realize these sub ohm tanks have all kinds of issues trying to vape it way too low, and wind up not too happy with it ..
My Atlantis tank performed so well I now own two with the 7ml A-mod extension tanks..Running 100% VG they wick fast with no dry hits, no hot hits, just a great flavorful vape for me above 30w..(33w is current sweet spot)
Also as the tank gets a little warm, along with the juice, the thick VG thins some, further speeding up faster wicking...it's almost like dripping ! just sayin'
53df2a735b5a796d18b96a8632b1f106.jpg

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i dont have any vv/vw..
and i do need new batteries soon for my mechs..
i wont give up.. but i wont be in a hurry either..

thanks @smacksy :)

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my atlantis ran pretty good on a mech, it just went through coils too fast.

i think the atlantis feeds better than the subtank, i ran the subtank at 30w and got some dry hits while chain vaping

ETA: over all i like the subtank more, just at lower wattages (22-25W)

VU Sponsors