Become a Patron!

Mechanic work

DEATHquidox

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If I tell a mechanic that I dont want anything done to my car and they do something to it (besides the breaks) do I have to pay for it.

My transmission isnt working properly (replaced 2 times in the past year by the same people) I told them to look at it don't work or do anything to it and they have had it for 2 days

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Did thay have to pull the pan off of it ?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I tell a mechanic that I dont want anything done to my car and they do something to it (besides the breaks) do I have to pay for it.

My transmission isnt working properly (replaced 2 times in the past year by the same people) I told them to look at it don't work or do anything to it and they have had it for 2 days
no, they shouldn't mess with your transmission if you didn't ask them to....the might just be busy...my mechanic is real good and he'll get backed up sometimes.

DEATHquidox

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
no, they shouldn't mess with your transmission if you didn't ask them to....the might just be busy...my mechanic is real good and he'll get backed up sometimes.

Well they have messed with it before when I ask them not to so its just a bit messed up honestly. Thankyou tho

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
according to the laws in many states, if a mechanic or car dealership does work on your car or truck that you did not explicitly authorize with the work estimate, they did that gratis (for free). If they refuse to give you your car back, have a discussion with the police and then a lawyer.

That was an old typical scam by scummy repair shops to fleece more money out of the customer. Consumer protection laws were enacted because of it.

If you've had your transmission replaced twice by the same place, it's time to find a new mechanic.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
How do you " look " at a transmission with out takeing off the pan ?

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
I'm a mechanic in MI, all repairs must be presented in an estimate and authorized by the customer, any additional repairs require additional authorization. However the shop is by law allowed to exceed the original estimate by 10% without authorization.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
You should probably get everything in writing as much as you can. If they do work that you did not ask for and cause further damage, you can take them to court.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If it comes with the accessories on top of the scooters, I'll buy 2 of them.
1439560875476.jpg
ori

VU Sponsors