Become a Patron!

Metals found in vaping

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are your opinions of these findings? Metals found in vapor from Vaping? 3 minute video. These tests concern the cig a likes. But with all the mom and pop ejuice vendors out there. There was much ado about the Atlantis coils and their wicks. But no matter what your wicking system is do you really know what is in your ejuice? This is why I am gong to start learning alot more on DIY juice making.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not worried. I DIY, but I do NOT buy China juice. Maybe stuff made in the USA.

Funny how the two mentioned were made in China, right?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We're any of the tested products made in places other than China? I don't buy any vaping products that are from China since I read a study awhile back that determined the liquids at the time of that writing contained an ingredient common to antifreeze.
I'm also of the opinion that when they start worrying about the GMO's in my food, I'll start worrying about my vaping.
It is and always be about the dollar, not our health, IMO.....

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We're any of the tested products made in places other than China? I don't buy any vaping products that are from China since I read a study awhile back that determined the liquids at the time of that writing contained an ingredient common to antifreeze.
I'm also of the opinion that when they start worrying about the GMO's in my food, I'll start worrying about my vaping.
It is and always be about the dollar, not our health, IMO.....
I worry about the gmo in your food, it is why I voted for having it labeled and pushed for other measures with GMO awareness.

I am more concerned about a certain mod here shilling a vendor with known dangerous shipping practices, and after his stance and bluster of getting lab results before reviewing new juices.

The Vape Space

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I'd need a source to the study, so I can examine the methodology, and then the findings. Findings mean nothing, without the methodology.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's not a "tobacco-like" product. Not at all.

The Vape Space

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
But the call for FDA regulation, like most statist solutions, won't achieve it's stated goals.

So here is the break down of regulations to make products safer for vapers.

The increased barriers to entry that will inevitably result from government regulation will necessarily decrease supply. Doing so kills off the smallest firms first, and with Cigalikes controlling well over half the market shares it's safe to say that these (assuming their tests are without error) tin factories are larger firms.

Regulation is never just simply about safety, as with any human action, incentives play a large role. With the incentive to get involved in the writing of legislation, and manufacture FDA approved loopholes, the larger firms will move in and secure their market shares even more firmly at a reasonable cost. See Monsanto, or Pfizer for further proof of this.

People do care about what they are vaping, after all we did get into this to better our health, so the vape community is already predisposed to being health conscious. People supply a certain level of transparency, and/or testing, and if at a satisfactory price, people choose this option over others that do not satisfy their preference for safety concerns. Transactions, and emerging market regulations like this have made this transition for people every day. See AEMSA, or the footnote here for proof of this.

Of course, the person not well versed in Economics will assume that because one does not wish the Government to do something, one does not want it done at all. As if they claim that food should be provided by the State, and we object, then we object to food being grown at all... No it's simply the State is not an efficient allocation mechanism of any service or product, they not only do not have the means to calculate, but they have no inherent regulation mechanism, as they retain monopoly status.

Stinger5313

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are your opinions of these findings? Metals found in vapor from Vaping? 3 minute video. These tests concern the cig a likes. But with all the mom and pop ejuice vendors out there. There was much ado about the Atlantis coils and their wicks. But no matter what your wicking system is do you really know what is in your ejuice? This is why I am gong to start learning alot more on DIY juice making.

DIY e liquid doesnt mean heavy metal free OR diketone free....
your not going to produce VG or PG or flavors yourself....i wouldnt think anyway. there could still be metals and diketones in the ingredients that you use to DIY liquid... unless you get your finished product tested there is no way to be sure.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
or better yet.. used tested and proven at least free from the "known" harmful chemicals..
out of how many companies do this already? (test their flavors)

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has any research indicated the presence of heavy metals in commonly used diy flavorings produced by companies like Capellas, Tfa, Lorann's, etc?

VU Sponsors