Become a Patron!

Mini nautilis burnt taste

I recently cleaned out and placed a new coil in my ego one mini nautilus and lowered the volts and it still tastes burned. What's wrong with it?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which coil are you using? Are you using a Nautilus Mini Tank on a Joyetech Ego One device?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently cleaned out and placed a new coil in my ego one mini nautilus and lowered the volts and it still tastes burned. What's wrong with it?
My best advice comes from an old post by Uncle RJ "Let it sit for a few minutes to saturate then take a few primer puffs start vaping on the lowest setting and work your way up until you find your happy place."

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
5.5v with a 1.8 ohm coil. I have a fresh coil and fresh juice inside

5.5 is a tad high IMO. You can vape it, but chaining will certainly burn it out quickly.

My best advice comes from an old post by Uncle RJ "Let it sit for a few minutes to saturate then take a few primer puffs start vaping on the lowest setting and work your way up until you find your happy place."

Yup.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5.5volts and a 1.8oh coil is close to 17watts turn it down to about 4.2volts that will give you 9.8watts which is pretty close to the maximum range of those coils.

WZM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,
From experience this works:
Get a small sewing needle or safety Pin and use it to make 4 small holes in the centre of each exposed bit of cotton on the coil. Don't push too hard, just light pressure and a twisting motion till you get a small hole in the cotton. This allows more juice to saturate the cotton. I do this for all my nautilus mini coils especially when using max vg liquid. Never had a problem since. Let it sit for 5 if it's a new coil and you're good!
W

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
5.5v with a 1.8 ohm coil. I have a fresh coil and fresh juice inside
As others have mentioned already, the voltage is too high. I remember, when I was using my ProVari, depending on the juice, I was utilizing 2.5-3.8 Volts only. In addition, also mentioned previously, start at a lower voltage and increase it, until you find the "sweet spot" for your juice.

VU Sponsors