Become a Patron!

mix and vape

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How many of you like to mix and vape right away? I just started diy and find myself really liking it made fresh so far. I had a juice i let steep about a week and it just wasnt the same. I just mix, shake till everything is blended and vape.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I shake and vape. I make about a months worth in a batch. Mostly fruits and creams. They taste the same from day one to day 30+. I vape zero nicotine, juice with nicotine seamed to change flavor as they got older. I've gotten some juice from venders that were bad when I got them and a month later were good.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never would have thought they would get better over time if they start out bad. Ill keep that in mind if i ever mix a bad batch.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For me it seems to depend on the flavors, and I still have a lot to learn about which ones change most, how, and over what period of time. Not to overcomplicate things... I would say the majority of FlavourArt flavors (not tobacco) are vapeable right away. i haven't always had the same luck with TFA, and FW even less.

As anyone will tell you, HeadinClouds' flavor notes http://vapingunderground.com/forums/diy-reviews-flavorings-nic-base-suppliers.393/page-3 and the FlavourArt thread are great sources of info for this kind of info!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
How many of you like to mix and vape right away?

<hand up> Here!

I always try everything right away, and often finish it before it has a chance to get stale steep. There are some that benefit from sitting a while though. Creams often get creamier, for example. So you make enough that you can just vape and vape and still have some a few days later. (better let tobaccos sit longer, though)

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ya i started out with TFA but find myself wanting to try FA alot. Nothing but good things said on here and HIC is amazing. Love his notes and reading his thoughts on stuff.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I havent tried any of the tobaco flavors because i didnt mind the taste but smell was horrible for me. Was probably the biggest reason i switched to the vape side other than health reasons

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't like to mix everyday or every week even. Like marcus, I mix once every four weeks or so. If a recipe does not taste good after steeping for a month it does me no good so it goes in the scrap heap.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So many diff ways to do things. Only time will tell on how i like things as i build up my supplies and mix more. Just like hearing the difference in opinions

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I shake and vape almost exclusively thus far. I have 3-4 different flavors in rotation at a time tho, so after a while everything gets a steep. The only difference is with tobaccos, those get a week at least before I try em out.

-Kingboomer

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you guys notice a change in flavor over time when you shake and vape?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Do you guys notice a change in flavor over time when you shake and vape?

Anise fades, some citrus fades or loses the sharp edge - depending on how much you're using, some bold spices mellow (like NF Ginger), a few spices gain strength (like FA Cinnamon Ceylon), bold flavors like coffees mellow, nut flavors and FA Coconut can get buttery, mints tend to mellow, creams can turn buttery or get deliciously smooth. It can depend on the particular flavors used together, so it's not always easy to predict correctly.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ya I noticed my strawberry we talked about got smoother and less pow here I am. I like it bold and flavorful.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did get hortchata smooth from tfa and it got stronger over the past week. I like it more now.

VU Sponsors