Become a Patron!

Mixing concentrates

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just bought some Bronuts concentrate from WW (diy or die). I have 6% nic in a vg base and some pg I can add to make my target of ~6mg of nicotine and a 80/20 mix of juice.
What is the easiest way to accurately mix the concentrate with everything else? I am using the vape tool app currently.
My 1st attempt is ok, it definitely needs to steep as I just made it today. I tried to use a scale but it doesn't go to the hundredths place.
I am just looking for suggestions and or advice as I am totally new to this whole thing.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use vape tool for quick and dirty calculations only.. I do actual mixing using a PC based calculator. Think it's called Juice Grinder......

I don't even get my scale out unless mixing at over 60 ml batches..my scales goes to 4 digits... less the 60ml I stick to syringes. Less the 10ml I'll mix using drops.

Fwiw drops per ml needs to be verified for every style dropper you use... not all droppers make drops of the same volumes. My droppers range from 15drop/ml to 40 drops/ml..... not self calculation drop qtys can really screw up a jujce.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fwiw drops per ml needs to be verified for every style dropper you use... not all droppers make drops of the same volumes. My droppers range from 15drop/ml to 40 drops/ml..... not self calculation drop qtys can really screw up a jujce.

Yes drops vary a LOT. I have to measure each dropper bottle to see how many drops per ml. Several of the flavoring bottles will go as high as 37-40 drops per ml. My large disposable pipettes can be around 15-20. the small disposable pipettes have a higher drop count per ml.

the 20 drops/ml that is listed lots of places is garbage.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well without know SG of your concentrate you assume 1. so 1 ml =1gram
now
not knowing what percentage you are aiming for ill just use round numbers like oh 10% for flavor concentarte
so say you want to make a 30ml bottle
put it on your scale and tare
add 3grams of you flavor concentrate then if you used an actual 30ml bottle just fill the rest of teh bottle up with your nic/pg/vg base that is already at 6% nic

now this will dilute your nic a bit it will actually be 5.4mg ish

but if you actually want to make a nic base you can just add flavor too you have to know the exact percent of the flavor bbase you will be using and if you have multiple flavor bases at different percentages you will need multiple bases at different nic levels

or you do like i said and im not actually doing the exact math but you add 19.2ml of your base to 10ml of your flavoring concentrate and like .8ml of 100mg nic to get the whole thing at 6% nic

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh a ypu need to verify 1ml to gram Co version also.. pg is lighter thn both VG and Nic bade... and flavorings vary as much as drop size.... now the variance tends to be much less by weight vs drops. But then a gram is always a gram and a ml always a ml.... they just are not always equal to each other.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you everyone for your replies. I did a lot of googling and now I know what sg means and the necessity of a good scale. I think the weight method looks the easiest to me so I'll be going that route.
I never thought about the actual weight of my vg based nic either. I've noticed alot of people set all of their weights to 1 and mix that way. I'm hoping that won't effect my mixes. Can I just read on the website where I bought the vg nic to get the actual weight?
All that said I'm really impressed so far with my first 2 tries. I made some rhodonite and Bronuts from concentrates last night. They need to steep awhile but both taste good for only sitting today.
Thanks again everyone!

VU Sponsors