Become a Patron!

Mixing my own juice?

So i think e juice is very expensive.

Not beacuse i don't have the money but you know the drill.

So i was wondering is it so hard to mix it yourself?

I've watched some tutorials, and what i've seen is that if you're supposed to use flavour 10% of the (ml i use)

so if i'm using a 100ml bottle, i'm gonna use 10ml flavour, and 63 ml VG and 27 ml PG, mix it up, let it soak for 3-4 days, then i'm okay?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Are you intent upon using nicotine in your juice?

Here is a basic formula I found elsewhere.

Base Juice

KEY:

A = Amount , S = Strength , C = Concentrate , N = Needed, R = Remainder
P = PG, V = VG, B = Base (P+V), F = Flavoring/s, M = Mix Ratio, G = Base needed - F

Formula:

. ( A * S ) / C = N Attains how much nicotine is needed for target.

I want 10ml of 18mg/ml nicotine juice. I multiply 10 times 18 and get 180. Next I divide the 180 by my solution's (C=Concentrate) strength, in this case 100mg/ml. There are two places in the tens columns so I move the decimal over two places left. 1.80mg of nicotine solution is what I need to put into the 10ml bottle.

2. R = A - C Is the amount of target left after nicotine added.

I subtract the 1.80ml from 10ml getting 8.20ml. This 8.20 ml is then divided up between your PG, VG, Flavoring.

3. B = R/2 = (P+V) Is the amount of PG/VG needed respectively.

I like doing a simple 50%/50% mix of PG, VG, so I divide my 8.20ml into 4.10ml segments. One is for PG, the other is for VG.

4. B * M = F Is how much flavoring is needed.

This is a bit subjective due to personal preference, and what your flavorings are solvent in. Some use VG based flavor solutions, others use PG based ones. What you need to do is decide your own percentage of flavoring based upon your own tastes. Yes, that step is important for each individual.

I can say from my limited understanding, ten percent might be a bit of a high ratio for flavoring. You might find yourself cutting that in half, or even fourth. I also suggest adding your flavors to the bottle prior to adding your PG & VG blend. This way you've got an accurate knowledge of how much of each you'll actually need instead of being over due to miscalculating.

5. B - F = G Is how much P & V needed after adding in flavoring.

6. A = N + G + F Is the wrap up formula of how the juice is all combined together.

I presume to be using 100mg/ml nicotine solution. There are other various solutions, such as 60mg/ml, 24mg/ml. I prefer the 100mg/ml to help facilitate easier maths, can use base ten.

Hope I have helped. If not I'm sure there will be others who can guide you better. I usually go find a recipe and give it to a friend to mix up, if he has the flavoring required on hand. Or, I ultimately use unflavored base nicotine juice. :)

VU Sponsors