Become a Patron!

Mod advice!

Budget 200.00
I'm gonna step up and buy a kayfun 4 - my first rebuildable
I'm slightly puzzled on a solid mod that will last!
My default will probably be
Semovar Mod
If I can find another
Thx for tips advice!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Will check it out thx!
I did a YouTube video review with pbusardo on the Semovar Mod and I think I'm out! The menu seems too complicated for being new to the world -
The P3 seems to be rockin

phipp13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have a 100w Segelei, I've had it since Oct and i love it. Very good quality too, it's taken few too many tumbles and it's still working just fine. it has a few dents on the corners. It's a tuff durable mod that has more power than i could possibly use. for $100 bucks it was money well spent. Good Luck choosing your mod. phipp13

gdovinty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah a sigelei 100-150w is what I'd go with no problems with either of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Theres a lot to choose from so don't rush it. Be aware that what you like now is not necessarily what you will like after you make the move into rebuilding. I wouldn't advise the semovar as a good choice. Only because it doesn't allow you to grow at all. Being limited to 15 watts my be okay today but good luck running a dual coil on that measly amount of power. Not saying you will wanna rock at 100 watts or higher but try to leave the doors open if you can. If it was me(in hind sight) looking to get value for the dollar and get into building. I would probably buy an istick50watt for $60 clone atomizer $10 to $30 wick and wire for $10 have $100 put away for new stuff and find out what all the fuss is about LOL
I have spent thousands of dollars on vape gear. I don't regret any of it. But I could have spent a couple hundred and be vaping where I am now.

Reactions: Jah

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
another vote for the istick 50. Simple, solid, powerful, long lasting, versatile.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im using an IPV mini 2 70 and Im actually loving it. I will be posting a review soon.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
whatever you pick, I would keep these as minimums:
1. 50 watts as a minimum
2. ability to fire down to .2 ohms
3. some kind of warranty
4. ability for ego and 510 threading (preferably with a supplied ego adaptor)
5. ability to charge device (if external batteries ability to charge through micro-usb)

these 5 things will keep you from having to buy another higher powered/featured mod in the next month, while still being able to expand your vaping horizons without making your first decent purchase obsolete.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
200 is a great budget imo. I would get something that lets you grow into it. You could either go for higher quality and have it for a long while, or you could go under budget and upgrade a time or two. What do you gravitate to? Tube mods? Box mods? I noticed the tube mod with the Semovar. Have you been vaping awhile and know how you will likely be vaping in a year from now? Or are you a newer vaper that might possibly be vaping in a different fashion in a year from now?

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Shoot. You could get a nice box and a decent authentic mech for that.

VU Sponsors