Become a Patron!

Mod display meanings & a few other questions.

Zoltan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all, I had recently bought a full mod setup from a buddy, and had a few questions about it, for I am just starting out to vape. My setup is as follows:

Mod- X2O Kronos PW-50.
Clearomizer- Maganus Vapeston.

This is a regulated 50 watt mod with a 1860 battery.

To start with my first question, when I power it on, it brings up the name, ohms(0.5), and finally the full display. I have a screenshot attached as to what some of the info means. I don't know what the 2 watt numbers mean at the top right corner, as well as the 3 digit number at the bottom.

Second question is, when I powered on today, the ohm display read 2.4, which I know is out of the norm. The wattage at the top right also changed a bit. I don't know why that was occuring. The coil is rated at 0.4 ohms @ 20-30 Watts. Since the mod goes up to 50 and the coil is rated at 30 Watts highest, I set my mod to 30 Watts right when I got bought it. A few days later, noticed the ohm spike and watt change. I decided to decrease my wattage to 25 and the display returned to the normal 0.5 and regular wattage. Was wondering if that occurence was something to be concerned about.

Third question is, which Android block charger should use? I do not have the original charger, but was wondering if I could substitute for the time being. As I previously noted, the battery is an 1860 (non-removable), and was wondering if anyone could shed light on what that means. The Android charger I have has an output of 5 volts at 1 amp (1000MaH). Was wondering if charging it with this block will hurt the mod battery, or if it will be protected since it is a regulated mod.

Final question is, I noticed some ejuice on the glass and a bit on the metal. It's not very visual to the naked eye, just a thin film so when you slide your hand across the outside of the clearomizer you can feel the juice. From night to morning there isn't really a drop in the lvl of juice in it. Was wondering is this is normal.

I have done lots of research but these questions just have not been so clarified by research. The attachment of the display is currently at normal numbers, how I always see it. Thank you for reading, hope you have some answers! Pic isn't really clear, but the top right says 5-23 W and bottom says 440.

Attachments

• 1457740645211-1718463568.jpg
    1457740645211-1718463568.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 32

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
25 watts is the power it's running. I can't really make out the rest of it. Ohms is the resistance of the coil that's in the tank.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Third question is, which Android block charger should use? I do not have the original charger, but was wondering if I could substitute for the time being. As I previously noted, the battery is an 1860 (non-removable), and was wondering if anyone could shed light on what that means. The Android charger I have has an output of 5 volts at 1 amp (1000MaH). Was wondering if charging it with this block will hurt the mod battery, or if it will be protected since it is a regulated mod.
you are fine with that charger.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Final question is, I noticed some ejuice on the glass and a bit on the metal. It's not very visual to the naked eye, just a thin film so when you slide your hand across the outside of the clearomizer you can feel the juice. From night to morning there isn't really a drop in the lvl of juice in it. Was wondering is this is normal.
Yep, no worries.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
is this the mod?

Zoltan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you Huckleberried and ZamaZam for responding/answering some questions!

is this the mod?

Firebird, that mod is very similar to mine, wattage is the same and tank looks similar. Only difference is everything is one side. Fire button, display, and wattage buttons. I will post the setup from a further distance so you can see it better.

Zoltan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mod

Attachments

• 20160311_205141.jpg
    20160311_205141.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 10

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ok, well it shoul function about the same

Zoltan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I watched the video you posted it's pretty much hoew mine works, also I think I figured out what the bottom right number is. I noticed it increases with every hit I take, so I'm guessing it's counting how many times either the mod or the coil has been fired if it's able to keep track of coil fires or just the mod itself.

ok, well it shoul function about the same

Also, what do you think is the reason for that ohm spike I mentioned? Does the coil have anything to do with it? I heard that resistance doesn't matter on a regulated mod and that the mod will adjust the Watts it's running at by itself based on the coil.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
did you get that from a shop?
what is the resistance at rest and what metal is it?

Zoltan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
did you get that from a shop?
what is the resistance at rest and what metal is it?

The resistance at rest is 0.5 ohms, as I previously noted, I bought it from a friend, but I went to another friend who works for an authentic shop and he confirmed the authenticity. I'm certain the metal is stainless steel

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
well, that's a mod brand ive never heard of before. so, I cant give you much info there. Hopefully someone can chime in.
SS as a coil does fluctuate when in use, but not a whole lot. first thing I would do is make sure the coil is seated tight and the 510 pin is in good shape. clean the 510 on the mod and atty with a qtip and alcohol; and see how that does.

Zoltan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well, that's a mod brand ive never heard of before. so, I cant give you much info there. Hopefully someone can chime in.
SS as a coil does fluctuate when in use, but not a whole lot. first thing I would do is make sure the coil is seated tight and the 510 pin is in good shape. clean the 510 on the mod and atty with a qtip and alcohol; and see how that does.

Took the pin out of the Atty and ran a qtip thru it and put the pin back. Gently swirled a QT on the mod as well, my clearomizer has no juice in it ATM so I thoroughly cleaned that ass well under warm water.

Zoltan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, is the 510 pin on the Atty adjustable? If yes, should I adjust it

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
wow... you didn't have to take the pin OUT of the tank, just clean the exposed part. I hope you didn't mess up the insulator.
and yo clean the 510 of the mod, the part that it screws onto.

did any of that fix your issue?

Zoltan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's no wiggle room in between the seal and pin, but I hope it's not damaged either. I'm getting more juice inna couple of days, all your help has been appreciated so far. When I do remove the tank from mod I flip it upside down as this is how it's filled. When I cleaned the clearomizer out with water earlier, I flipped it like I would be taking it off and water droplets formed where the glsss and metal meets at the driptip.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There's no wiggle room in between the seal and pin, but I hope it's not damaged either. I'm getting more juice inna couple of days, all your help has been appreciated so far. When I do remove the tank from mod I flip it upside down as this is how it's filled. When I cleaned the clearomizer out with water earlier, I flipped it like I would be taking it off and water droplets formed where the glsss and metal meets at the driptip.
why not take the mod to a local shop, ask them to show you how to work it safely and buy a bottle of juice to thank them for their help.
its a lot easier for someone to figure it out and show in person. You may also get some great knowledge on this. Or, you could ask your friend that works at the shop?

Last edited:

Zoltan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Finally got the juice necessary to keep vaping, everything is working perfectly on it, except for some excessive heat on the tank which I don't normally notice. Could this be because of the bad insulator on the 510 pin causing a short?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
did you ever make it to a shop to let them see whats what?
it could be a short

Zoltan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Spoke to my buddy, he did tell me I should change tanks cause of the leak and can supply me with new coils. The heat I just felt today so I will ask him about it tomorrow!

VU Sponsors